UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> M-1 has kindly offered to co-promote UFC in Russia

2/2/13 1:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://combatbear.com/6/post/2013/02/vadim-finkelstein-on-the-rumors-around-fedor-vs-lesnar-and-more-part-1.html

Vadim Finkelstein:

UFC will not go past M-1 in Russia, but I’m not with them in the conflict, I’m ready to talk and work. When I spoke about Lesnar, we discussed it. But Dana White is a difficult fellow, so we’ll see. I don’t think the UFC will hold fights very often in Russia, maybe once a year to promote, but Russia is not the right marked for them. I’m ready to give them my champions if we can come to an agreement. We have a lot of experience. I want my fighters to perform here and not move between organizations, like Vasilevsky(Former M-1 champion) did. He ran away from us to Bellator.

-Why don’t you think Bellator is an elite organization?

-Because from Bellator the good fighters move to UFC, and those that remain are not better than M-1 fighters. Forexample Zayats and Volkov were not the best fighters in the M-1 organization, but in Bellator they are perhaps the best. UFC is the best organization, but our level is higher than Bellator. I don’t understand when he competes in America in low-level organizations that makes him much cooler than here in Russia. I just don’t understand it.

-How does the M-1 feel now that Fedor is gone?

-We’re doing great. We were never dependent on Fedor. Now we’re doing the Grand Prix of heavyweights. The first round will be on April 9. in St. Petersburg and the semi-finals May 22 in Moscow, Crocus City –The largest business center in Russia. Our fighters are all very strong and they are very motivated for this tournament. We wanted to involve Sergey Kharitonov, but we have not yet come to an agreement.

I use every opportunity to convince Fedor to return. He still has more to show us.

2/2/13 1:12 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, like the UFC's gonna wanna co-promote their own product.

2/2/13 1:15 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Difference between Vadim and Dana is in the last line.  Vadim will try and drag his meal ticket out of retirement as many times as he needs to.  Fedor told Dana he retired, and Dana said "OK".  I think if he does come out of retirement, it probably will be for the UFC, they seem to actually respect him more even though they have talked a lot of shit about him.  Vadim is going to end up getting Fedor hurt when he pulls  him out of retirement for the 4th time in like 9 years.

2/2/13 1:17 PM
unfilter
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wonder what the deal is with sergei?  i'd like to see him in the UFC~

2/2/13 1:25 PM
Eunuchorn
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those crazy Russians!
2/2/13 1:28 PM
nowaydo
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Russians scare me.
2/2/13 1:47 PM
TheRaider
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fink is always good for a laugh.
2/2/13 1:50 PM
Brigham
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nowaydo - Russians scare me.

Based on this? If anything, you shouldn't be fearful of them at all because they appear to be retarded if you're basing it on this.

As someone put it yesterday, M-1 is the North Korea of MMA promotions.
2/2/13 1:54 PM
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

where is that 50 cent gif of him pulling away laughing when you need it....
2/2/13 1:57 PM
Doem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"why do my fighters leave to go to bellator?"

really?
2/2/13 2:03 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snake28 - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 -

Difference between Vadim and Dana is in the last line.  Vadim will try and drag his meal ticket out of retirement as many times as he needs to.  Fedor told Dana he retired, and Dana said "OK".  I think if he does come out of retirement, it probably will be for the UFC, they seem to actually respect him more even though they have talked a lot of shit about him.  Vadim is going to end up getting Fedor hurt when he pulls  him out of retirement for the 4th time in like 9 years.

Ha! Fedor in nine years coming out to fight lol Phone Post

I just think Vadim sees him the same way Japanese promoters see Sakuraba.  And I never want to see another fighter I'm a fan of end up like that.  Watching Saku fight these days feels like Bob Arum is throwing Muhammed Ali in a fight right now.  I just don't think Vadim would care one bit if Fedor couldn't remember his own damn name, as long as he makes him money.

2/2/13 3:31 PM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

M1 are do thoughtful Phone Post
2/2/13 3:31 PM
MentaL

So* Phone Post
2/2/13 3:34 PM
MartialArtsMixed
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brigham -
nowaydo - Russians scare me.

Based on this? If anything, you shouldn't be fearful of them at all because they appear to be retarded if you're basing it on this.

As someone put it yesterday, M-1 is the North Korea of MMA promotions.
Better be scared then Phone Post
2/2/13 3:38 PM
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see UFC co-promote with M-1 since Vadim offered his champions and watch mid-level UFC guys absolutely maul every last one of M-1's champions and kill that company's reputation in Russia as some god-tier promotion.

2/2/13 3:43 PM
ChaosOverkill
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The crowd at the last Aleks Emilianenko fight was not very big

2/2/13 4:06 PM
touch
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There were no words about co-promotion in the original Vadim interview and he did not say like "UFC will not go past M-1 in Russia", he said he'll try to see if it is possible to cooperate, not freaking co-promote with them on that occasion. Your translation is messed up to say the least.
2/2/13 4:45 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the UFC can take away all of m1's talent.   Russia could become a big market for the UFC but the problem is that you have a television monopoly via the govt... which means no bidders... with no bidders you cant get a real market price for UFC content.

the only way to get paid is through the govt.  the way the govt bids on the olympics.

2/2/13 4:50 PM
torquemada
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Russia sounds like more headache than Japanese Yakuza. Phone Post
2/2/13 4:52 PM
Vote me down
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Basically he's saying please work with me Dana before you completely destroy M-1 when you come to Russia and then they love you're product so much more than ours. Thanks! Oh yeah we never needed Fedor to be relevant....... talk about being full of shit.

2/2/13 4:52 PM
jason73
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that north korea of mma comment is pure gold

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.