UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Pro-Wrestling let downs

2/2/13 10:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stryfe
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This has probably been done before but my search abilities are limited. List examples you as a wrestling fan got overly excited about that not only didn't live up to your expectations but was seen as a dissapointment by many wrestling fans. A few for me:

-Goldberg vs Brock - I wasn't a big fan of either but it seemed like it was a clash of the titans scenario. The match was a huge let down. It was Goldberg's last match and Brock announced a short time before WM that he wanted out of his contract. The fans were not kind and you could tell Brock was bothered by the crowd

-The person behind the Ministry-It was such a let down and didn't make a lot of sense when it was revealed to be Vince. I would've loved for it to be Stephanie.

-Onita vs Muta- NJPW put a lot of hype into this one and it fell way short for me seeming like it was not well thought of

-Pillman vs Liger- Liger had to cut out a lot of his moveset and slow it way down to work with Pillman

-The Black Scorpion- I wasn't really pumped for it but they built it up so much and then it was Flair which just wasn't his style and made no sense why he would go thru all of that. I think Al Perez was the first choice.

-This thread-just because I know someone will mention what a let down it was.
2/2/13 10:22 PM
Dos Huevos Gigante
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Invasion, also Taz's entire WWF run.
2/2/13 10:27 PM
RKing85
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Invasion is the first thing that came to my mind.
2/2/13 10:33 PM
grizz632
695 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should have known better than to get your hopes up for anything involving Onita Phone Post
2/2/13 11:42 PM
grady
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Onita in New Japan PERIOD. His "match" with Sasaki was a total debacle.
2/2/13 11:50 PM
roninthebox
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The finsh to sting vs Hogan at starcade, still haunts me till this day. Phone Post
2/2/13 11:51 PM
Gino_Corona
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bret Hart vs Sting

Flair vs Hogan Phone Post
2/2/13 11:54 PM
Dos Huevos Gigante
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

roninthebox -  The finsh to sting vs Hogan at starcade, still haunts me till this day. Phone Post

This. You can't Dusty finish a match that was a year in the making.
2/3/13 12:10 AM
Stryfe
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake the Snake and Stings whole program. I thought it would be epic considering how good Savage and Jakes feud was
2/3/13 1:08 AM
legbender
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The ECW relaunch on SciFy.

It was so bad.

Bret Hart in WCW is way up there.

RVDs Debut in TNA was the worst booking of all time. It made the Invasion angle look like Steamboat/Flair 89.
2/3/13 1:08 AM
legbender
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, and that time when he beat him with a peoples elbow. That made me go into my room and wreck some shit.
2/3/13 1:29 AM
MMAhaiku
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nathan Jones

Brakkus

Waylon Mercy Phone Post
2/3/13 1:32 AM
UGCTT_Jay Edz
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought punk/y2j would be an amazing feud. I was wrong. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:37 AM
bigironmike79
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Jay Edz - I thought punk/y2j would be an amazing feud. I was wrong. Phone Post
Fucking this. And pretty much anything Jericho has done in the last couple years. Phone Post
2/3/13 3:51 AM
nhb1
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hogan losing to the warrior Phone Post
2/3/13 3:53 AM
Driscoll
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every time Ziggler hits a finisher on Cena. Phone Post
2/3/13 4:25 AM
MisterDerp
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Brian Kendrick after being drafted to Raw. Phone Post
2/3/13 4:42 AM
TheBearStare
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

legbender - The ECW relaunch on SciFy.

It was so bad.

Bret Hart in WCW is way up there.

RVDs Debut in TNA was the worst booking of all time. It made the Invasion angle look like Steamboat/Flair 89.
I still wish every week on sci fi that sandman would have gone up against a different lame super natural creature and caned the shit out of them. It could have culminated in sandman taking on a horde of lame zombie wrestlers. Phone Post
2/3/13 9:26 AM
jujitsujamo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely the Black Scorpion. I always figured it was going to be the Angel of Death. He was a very agile big man who had trained with Sting and UW. Thought it would be a good way to give him a push. Phone Post
2/3/13 9:55 AM
instantkarma
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nhb1 - Hogan losing to the warrior Phone Post
I have never watched that match again. It was a huge letdown for a nine year old kid. Phone Post
2/3/13 9:58 AM
DarQueHero

Driscoll - Every time Ziggler hits a finisher on Cena. Phone Post
This. Phone Post
2/3/13 11:58 AM
G-Hands

definitely the Invasion.
2/3/13 12:12 PM
jju
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jujitsujamo -  Definitely the Black Scorpion. I always figured it was going to be the Angel of Death. He was a very agile big man who had trained with Sting and UW. Thought it would be a good way to give him a push. Phone Post

Ole said he came up with the Black Scorpion as a joke but whowver was in charge at the time thought it was a good idea so he just went with it. I don't think Al Perez was supposed to be the Black Scorpion either if I remember right. He was just under the mask if I remember right. I don't think Angel of Death was well known enough to be the Black Scorpion. Wouldn't have been any worse than Flair though.
2/3/13 1:11 PM
grizz632
695 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mordecai. Could have been epic and they went absolutely nowhere with him Phone Post
2/3/13 1:59 PM
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At the moment Sandow.  Put him in a tag team? 

Bull Buchanon.  Very underrated worker.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.