UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Pro-Wrestling let downs

2/3/13 2:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TtoMyJ14
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sean O'haire with devils advocate gimmick. it was perfect.
2/3/13 4:33 PM
Stryfe
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grizz632 -  Mordecai. Could have been epic and they went absolutely nowhere with him Phone Post

Mordecai could've been. He had a bad match with Holly who was being a jerk and they punished Mordecai and not hardcore Holly for it.
2/3/13 4:35 PM
Stryfe
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jju - 
jujitsujamo -  Definitely the Black Scorpion. I always figured it was going to be the Angel of Death. He was a very agile big man who had trained with Sting and UW. Thought it would be a good way to give him a push. Phone Post

Ole said he came up with the Black Scorpion as a joke but whowver was in charge at the time thought it was a good idea so he just went with it. I don't think Al Perez was supposed to be the Black Scorpion either if I remember right. He was just under the mask if I remember right. I don't think Angel of Death was well known enough to be the Black Scorpion. Wouldn't have been any worse than Flair though.

According to Ric Flair, Perez was always meant to be the Black Scorpion but quit after finding out he was going to lose
2/3/13 4:46 PM
Stryfe

Went and found the video where Flair talks aboout Perez being the one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EQu-UGwBy0
2/3/13 4:50 PM
instantkarma
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember thinking the Black Scorpion was the Ultimate Warrior. : / Phone Post
2/3/13 5:05 PM
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TtoMyJ14 - Sean O'haire with devils advocate gimmick. it was perfect.

Good one!

2/3/13 6:00 PM
mattloveslamp
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Invasion
WWE version of the nWo
Nexus
Sting vs. Hogan
Goldberg's WWE run
Goldberg vs Lesnar (attended live, my buddy was legit the one who started the first "boring" chant)
John Cena or Triple H inserting themselves into any fresh, entertaining or new act. Phone Post
2/3/13 9:22 PM
jju
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stryfe - 
jju - 
jujitsujamo -  Definitely the Black Scorpion. I always figured it was going to be the Angel of Death. He was a very agile big man who had trained with Sting and UW. Thought it would be a good way to give him a push. Phone Post

Ole said he came up with the Black Scorpion as a joke but whowver was in charge at the time thought it was a good idea so he just went with it. I don't think Al Perez was supposed to be the Black Scorpion either if I remember right. He was just under the mask if I remember right. I don't think Angel of Death was well known enough to be the Black Scorpion. Wouldn't have been any worse than Flair though.

According to Ric Flair, Perez was always meant to be the Black Scorpion but quit after finding out he was going to lose

Heard that story too. Never know what to believe
2/4/13 1:57 AM
UGCTT_omzzy
355 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

every wedding angle ever
although the d-bry one worked out
2/4/13 4:28 AM
DevilsAdvocate
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lesnar's current run. The rock winning the belt last week. The use of ddp in wwe. The gobeldy gooker. Phone Post
2/4/13 7:38 AM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com
Blood Runs Cold. Can't believe how excited I was for this garbage only to see Glacier. FUCKING GLACIER! Phone Post
2/4/13 8:58 AM
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Invasion angle was pretty good I thought . That's still my favorite survivor series ever Phone Post
2/4/13 10:16 AM
Barak Lesnar
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAhaiku -  Nathan Jones

Brakkus

Waylon Mercy Phone Post

To be fair about Waylon Mercy, it had potential, but Dan Spivey's body was too broken down causing him to retire shortly after debuting with the character if I remember correctly.
2/4/13 10:17 AM
Barak Lesnar
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArtMinaj - 

At the moment Sandow.  Put him in a tag team? 

Bull Buchanon.  Very underrated worker.

You'll be happy to know Team Rhodes Scholars agreed to split on Smackdown, but I'm sure you know this already
2/4/13 10:26 AM
Barak Lesnar

Edited: 02/04/13 10:34 AM
As for biggest let down, for me, it was probably ECW in WWE. I felt that they really needed to give Heyman more creative control. I loved old school ECW, so it was sad to see the name used like it was.

Another thing, about the Alliance angle, it wasn't as bad as people say. I thought they used it pretty well, had a lot of surprises and some pretty good matches out of it, but there was so much more that they could have done. Things like the Alliance "taking over" Smackdown or something and "starting their own show."

And the way the things are going, I'm going to be let down by this whole Shield thing. It was too predictable for Heyman to be behind it and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere at this point. Should have had the Sword be Rock or Cena. Or at least if Heyman, make it a whole new Dangerous Alliance thing with them, Punk, and Lesnar. Sucks because all three guys have potential.

Sorry for the mini FRAT
2/4/13 10:40 AM
RedDragonUK
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont remember what ppv it was but kurt angle kicked out of about five stone cold stunners i was so annoyed.

End of bra and panties matches

Cena winning the rumble.

Batista winning the rumble

New ECW

Burchill's pirate gimmick ending too soon and career in wwe Phone Post
2/4/13 11:39 AM
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whichever rumble had Cena return at number 30 and win. That was fucking terrible Phone Post
2/4/13 12:25 PM
bigironmike79
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every Monday is a let down pretty much. Phone Post
2/4/13 4:18 PM
batman32314
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Straight Edge Society. There were a lot of factors to breaking them up, with Mercury getting injured and Serena getting fired. But the group was super over and getting tons of heat, and Punk was great in the role

2/4/13 5:03 PM
McRay
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DevilsAdvocate -  Lesnar's current run. The rock winning the belt last week. The use of ddp in wwe. The gobeldy gooker. Phone Post

Definitely agree about Lesnar. I know he's booked for a limited amount of dates, but damn. I marked out hard when he returned and destroyed Cena, but it has been all down hill from there. And I pray they don't do a HHH/Brock rematch @ Mania.
2/4/13 8:46 PM
jujitsujamo
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stryfe -
jju - 

Al Perez was a guy who should have gone further than he did. Guy had a great look, good worker and pretty good on the mic. I guess he just could never play the game backstage to get the push. What ever happened to him after his brief run in WCW? Phone Post
2/4/13 9:25 PM
BillyRayChubbs
737 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GLACIER!!!!

OMFG, I was SOOOOO excited to see that guy, and when he finally debuted, I was like WHAT THE MOTHERFUCK IT THIS SHIT???

2/4/13 10:21 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com
BillyRayChubbs -

GLACIER!!!!

OMFG, I was SOOOOO excited to see that guy, and when he finally debuted, I was like WHAT THE MOTHERFUCK IT THIS SHIT???

Those promo videos looked sick. Phone Post
2/4/13 11:27 PM
roninthebox
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

batman32314 -

The Straight Edge Society. There were a lot of factors to breaking them up, with Mercury getting injured and Serena getting fired. But the group was super over and getting tons of heat, and Punk was great in the role

Good one Phone Post
2/4/13 11:50 PM
Stryfe

jujitsujamo - 
Stryfe -
jju - 

Al Perez was a guy who should have gone further than he did. Guy had a great look, good worker and pretty good on the mic. I guess he just could never play the game backstage to get the push. What ever happened to him after his brief run in WCW? Phone Post

He got a try in WWF but it didn't work out. His biggest problem IMO was he felt he should've been bigger than what he was. You mentioned the tools he had which he did posses but paitence was not one of them. They were gonna give him the Black Scorpion spot but he bailed on it because Sting was gonna go over.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.