UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wow! What is next for Overoid?

2/3/13 12:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BzGrappla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What happened to big foot? U come back.. what happened to CAIN after JDS?

U come back.

typical mma fan
2/3/13 1:06 AM
crazychris
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS next, please and thank you.
2/3/13 1:20 AM
Dvh10
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reem just got too cocky and didn't feel Bigfoot could hurt him and that was his downfall if he just stick and moved and clinched and used his knees he had that last round easy,and I also don't agree that he has no chin he took about 6 clean shots from a 280 pound beast and nobody can take that,great win for Bigfoot I wish Alastair just had of fought smart Phone Post
2/3/13 1:27 AM
Mit
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hubris - 
Mit - 
TzTinkle - Back to Japan and he'll be Ubereem in no time
That's exactly what I said to a friend. Phone Post

he was Ubereem in Strikeforce and UFC when he crushed Lesnar

He was juiced to the gills for those fights.
2/3/13 8:13 AM
DKielbasa

Edited: 02/03/13 8:23 AM

I saw him up close roided and non roided.  It looked like a 35 lb difference.  He is a class dude, helps out out some of the gyms in the poorer areas and stuff near me.   Hopefully he comes back stronger. 

2/3/13 8:51 AM
Fabes
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
lol at him being done. He'll be back. Phone Post
2/3/13 8:58 AM
Blunderhooks
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He needs to get back to fighting every 3-4 months. If he does that he'll get a title shot within a year. Phone Post
2/3/13 9:16 AM
whophlungdung
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The glue factory Phone Post
2/3/13 9:19 AM
Lord Nitemare
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fabes -  lol at him being done. He'll be back. Phone Post

All due respect, the dude is done...that knockout was brutal and more iimportantly embarrassing.

2/3/13 9:23 AM
mose
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think people are way, way too quick to turn on Overeem. Though, it seems to be the same ones who overrated him for quite some time. Overeem is a very good fighter who has, throughout his career, shown distinct areas of weakness. At 205, at 265, he is still Alistair Overeem, which means he is still damn good and a threat to anyone/everyone. But, he is not a fighter that I would expect a consistent run of domination over top contenders.

2/3/13 9:24 AM
cawsie77
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big country? Phone Post
2/3/13 9:31 AM
mose

cawsie77 -  Big country? Phone Post

Makes a lot of sense to me.
2/3/13 9:40 AM
HexRei

Trane - Reem is done. Got totally exposed without roids.

This comment is stupid and reflects the short amount of time you've been a follower of the sport.
2/3/13 9:41 AM
Mayhem13
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't think Overeem looked that bad..

He was accurate with his striking, using good angles, and countering everything thrown at him.

He was just getting to cocky/too relaxed in there and got caught with some big punches from a big dude.

Props to Bigfoot for a huge win! Phone Post
2/3/13 10:14 AM
Johnny D
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayhem13 - I didn't think Overeem looked that bad..

He was accurate with his striking, using good angles, and countering everything thrown at him.

He was just getting to cocky/too relaxed in there and got caught with some big punches from a big dude.

Props to Bigfoot for a huge win! Phone Post
He didn't look that bad, the reason people are quick to come down on him (like me) is because most others that are building him up are always drawing attention to his kick boxing achievements.

MMA is not kick boxing and while having a good kick boxing skill set is beneficial in MMA you have to know how to adapt it to the variables that come with MMA.

Reem doesn't do that so well, he's not bad, just not great. The various striking offense and defensive maneuvers you can get away with in kick boxing (and even boxing) don't always play well in MMA.

Sorry, but Reem has yet to prove himself "in MMA" as an elite fighter, he's lost to every big name he's fought and historically has continued with the same poor habits and techniques that he had as a LHW.

It's not that he's not capable, he just relies on his kick boxing to get him thru, he needs to get with the right people and change that game of his, there is room for improvement. Phone Post
2/3/13 10:16 AM
dirtymfmoney

Shanks - JDS bout makes perfect sense now. Phone Post
This Phone Post
2/3/13 10:25 AM
Tomato Can
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He would make a good debut opponent for Josh Barnett.

Either that, or maybe Cormier or Mir depending on what happens in their fight, or maybe the Struve/Hunt winner.
2/3/13 10:57 AM
Sprawl'n'Stall
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Some of you "fans" really SUCK.

Big Foot was destroyed even worse just prior to this win. He should have quit then too? Hey you know he was caught for PEDs too? And you think they are all off the PEDs because they get tested?

Just wow.

No doubt Reem's stock has fallen - and hard - and he needs to eat some humble pie, but to say he's finished...
2/3/13 11:00 AM
JOESONDO
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva should rematch him in Japan. Phone Post
2/3/13 11:07 AM
elysian

@Sprawl'n'Stall

I agree. These fans are total incompetent idiots.

12 winning streak, 1 loss after being out a year, being in a terrible team, and now he should quit...this new generation of "fans" smells and is disgusting.
2/3/13 11:28 AM
Dirtyu D
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the fickleness of MMA fans. It's like there are only two possibilities in the universe; the guy can KO cthulhu, or he's been a total washout for the past 15 years
2/3/13 11:41 AM
CraneFu
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Big Country, Mir or Barnett. Those would be 3 good fights.
2/3/13 11:50 AM
Chaz Johnson

Keep his hands up and throw knees and kicks he will be back Phone Post
2/3/13 12:00 PM
XcessiveZ

JDS. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:10 PM
epwar
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC has only one more chance to squeeze the Overeem juice (haha) so they have to set up Overeem vs. JDS.  If they don't and let him get KO'd by someone else, his value will be nothing.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.