UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cain has no opponent... JDS rematch or Cormier.

2/2/13 11:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS rubbermatch is the only fight now for Cain.... unless cormier nuts it up and accepts the fight.

2/2/13 11:43 PM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They won't fought because Cormier would wrestle fuck him. Olympian > collegiate Phone Post
2/2/13 11:43 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MARK HUNT
2/2/13 11:44 PM
Eunuchorn
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy fuck you are right, this totally fucks up the hw title plans.

2/2/13 11:44 PM
Jons Forsberg

Jon Jones?
2/2/13 11:45 PM
MMALOGIC

caseharts -  They won't fought because Cormier would wrestle fuck him. Olympian > collegiate Phone Post

in an interview post jds fight, cain said he was holding cormier and duffee down every round in the beggining of camp.

2/2/13 11:45 PM
legbender
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Comier, if he gets past Mir.

2/2/13 11:46 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Werdum beats Nog then he should have the title shot.
Neil McCauley

the ungroundnpoundable guard vs the relentless gnp machine. AKA striking vs Chute Boxe muay thai. Reach vs speed. Werdum presents a lot of problems for Cain stylistically.
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -
caseharts -  They won't fought because Cormier would wrestle fuck him. Olympian > collegiate Phone Post

in an interview post jds fight, cain said he was holding cormier and duffee down every round in the beggining of camp.

Mhm... I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure cormier doesn't agree. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:06 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eunuchorn - Holy fuck you are right, this totally fucks up the hw title plans.

Yep.

WWE style promotion ONLY works when you can rig the outcome.

UFC tries this WWE style and allows zero options for if an upset should occur. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:10 AM
ontilt
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/03/13 12:10 AM
Winner of Hunt vs Struve is a darkhorse for the fight...
2/3/13 12:11 AM
UGCTT_zackthewop
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Insert werdum time gif Phone Post
2/3/13 12:16 AM
aarick161

Cormier won't fight Cain, teammates. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:29 PM
Tilla

Bigfoot to get a shot at Cain after facing him two fights ago? Laughable.

Reem/Carwin
Cain/Werdum
Nog/Mir 3
JDS/Hunt
2/3/13 1:47 PM
da Vinci 81
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would think they'll pull Werdum from tuf and give him the shot. There's really no one else and waiting for a winner between him and nog is far too long.
2/3/13 1:49 PM
caseharts

duckhuntgangsta -
caseharts - 
MMALOGIC -

Mhm... I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure cormier doesn't agree. Phone Post

It doens't matter, they are not going to fight. 

Fighting your teammate/friend is one thing but fighting your coach!??? 

DC is going to 205

I agree. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:56 PM
kevsh
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The big winner Sat. night may have been Barnett. Talk about leverage for getting a rich contract offer.
2/3/13 1:57 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 02/03/13 2:00 PM
duckhuntgangsta - 
MMALOGIC - 

JDS rubbermatch is the only fight now for Cain.... unless cormier nuts it up and accepts the fight.

It's quite the pickle. I don't like the rubber match just yet...to soon. JDS vs. Overeem is a fight everyone wants to see and now is the perfect time to make it. It can headline a PPV, or FOX card and winner will fight fight for the title. 

As far as Cain's next opponent, if he wants fight now the UFC should pull Werdum or Big Country from thier scheduled bouts or give Big Foot a rematch. BF looked pretty damn impressive, I'd wouldn't complain about the rematch but it should be a FOX fight IMO. Use it to build Cain's brand. 

If Cain is OK waiting for a bit, then we could watch the dust settle with JDS vs Reem. 

Id also like to see JDS get a fight under his belt first, but the problem is Zuffa needs a july 4th and memeorial day weekend main event...

Anderson vs Vitor or Weidman fills one of those slots...  the other needs a main event.

Jose Aldo vs Pettis?  maybe... but with the decreasing ppv slots zuffa cant afford too many ppv shows being headlined by the little guys until they build them up on fox.  I think if Benson wins he's moved to ppv and Jose aldo and the 145lb division takes his slot on Fox.

Cain vs JDS rubbermatch could pull 600k plus buys.  Aldo vs Pettis may not even pull 300k but would pull a great number on fox.

this is also the reason why i dont think weidman is getting the next shot.    Anderson vs weidman would probably pull less than 400k buys whereas Vitor vs Anderson could pull 600k plus and would pull huge in brazil.

in year where zuffa desperately needs to rebound on ppv i think they are gonna go with the money fights... as evidenced by the recent matchmaking.

2/3/13 2:00 PM
damnyouwoman14
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone seems to be forgetting that Werdum is filming TUF Brazil 2 and is fighting Big Nog after. Phone Post
2/3/13 2:13 PM
SOO72

Only one that makes sense is Cormier now, too bad they wont fight.
2/3/13 2:17 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 02/03/13 2:17 PM

but then again, if Jose aldo pulls a great buy rate last night (400k plus) he may very well stay on ppv.

2/3/13 2:29 PM
stevekt
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Creepy and Dodson vs Cain Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.