UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> So Who Is The Greatest HW Of All Time?

2/4/13 11:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HELWIG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Fedor no doubt, there is not even a single doubt about it anymore."

There never was among worthwhile people with actual perspective.

Fuck promoters. Fuck the casual fan.

Someday a HW, possibly even Cain or JDS may surpass Fedor's accomplishments. But that day has not come.

2/4/13 11:41 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 02/04/13 11:42 AM

F
*E
**D
***O
****R
2/4/13 11:54 AM
HELWIG

mijo -  Fedor came to America and was instantly exposed. Clearly not the same fighter he was in Japan. I don't think anyone clearly stands out. I would go with Cain. Phone Post

Are you a fucking fool?

He came to America and dismantled former UFC champ Sylvia. In horrifying fashion.

Then he swatted former UFC champ AA(ranked 2-3 in world at the time) out of mid air like a game of human "Duck Hunt".

Then knocked down, took down, and tko'd Brett Rogers who sum total of offense was a hard jab in the opening seconds.

All in America.

Now Fedor was NOT anywhere near as good fighting in a cage. Thats accepted. But dont dare pretend he wasnt up to the level of "American" MMA.

He was light years ahead of it for the bulk of his career.

2/4/13 11:57 AM
naughtiidawg liver kicked my SN
681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The dude who beat the dude disguised as another dude.

Fedor Phone Post
2/4/13 11:57 AM
HELWIG

"Remember when this forum was full of idiots shitting on Fedor and proclaiming Brock the #1 heavyweight? Because there was a LOT of them, like a significant portion of the forum."

A large part though was paid shills from Zuffa trying to make it appear that people actually felt that way.

Along with clueless noobs who now have drifted on to the next trend.

Shame on the joke MMA sites that actually printed rankings with Brock as #1. And the jackasses that defended it.

2/4/13 11:58 AM
Goonies Top Team

FEDOR Phone Post
2/4/13 12:00 PM
UGSlapshot

Too early to tell but it certainly isn't Fedor IMO. Phone Post
2/4/13 12:04 PM
rockwell
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how now Cain has beaten JDS in the rematch suddenly his name is being put up there as a potential replacement for Fedor.

I'm sure when a similar topic came up last year everyone was saying "potentially JDS".

I'm fine with either Cain or JDS having the potential of overtaking Fedor's crown (they still have a way to go) I'm just amused by the "flavour of the month" nature of some MMA fans. Phone Post
2/4/13 12:06 PM
XcessiveZ
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HELWIG -

"Remember when this forum was full of idiots shitting on Fedor and proclaiming Brock the #1 heavyweight? Because there was a LOT of them, like a significant portion of the forum."

A large part though was paid shills from Zuffa trying to make it appear that people actually felt that way.

Shame on the joke MMA sites that actually printed rankings with Brock as #1. And the jackasses that defended it.

He beat Randy, Mir, then Carwin.He deserved the ranking at the time as the champ.

Overall it's Fedor, then probably Nog/Randy/CC. Phone Post
2/4/13 12:11 PM
aubearoffroad
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor

2/4/13 12:17 PM
rockwell
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XcessiveZ -
HELWIG -

He beat Randy, Mir, then Carwin.He deserved the ranking at the time as the champ.

He didn't deserve the ranking and myself along with many others on this board (like Helwig, RVD and whistleblower) at the time detailed exactly why he didn't.

Then after his losses pretty much everyone turned around and agreed that it was stupid to have him ranked so highly with such a short record and with so many different stylistic challenges to face. Phone Post
2/4/13 12:29 PM
Jack Skellington
742 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor no question

2/4/13 12:34 PM
XcessiveZ
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rockwell -
XcessiveZ -
HELWIG -

He didn't deserve the ranking and myself along with many others on this board (like Helwig, RVD and whistleblower) at the time detailed exactly why he didn't.

Then after his losses pretty much everyone turned around and agreed that it was stupid to have him ranked so highly with such a short record and with so many different stylistic challenges to face. Phone Post
He was the UFC HW champ and defended the belt twice, who else warranted the #1 spot? Phone Post
2/4/13 1:16 PM
rockwell

Brock was 4-1 and he ascended to number 1 after a year off and BEFORE he "beat" Carwin (who himself wasn't ranked #1) entirely on the grounds that Fedor lost.

If you care to do any more research find the original thread (I don't have time to find it right now) as it was long and contained lots of information.

And yes Werdum was far better suited at that point than Brock was. Phone Post
2/4/13 1:33 PM
TecHNieK

People say Cain but don't mention JDS? Funny how quickly people forget that Cain got KTFO by JDS -____- (sigh.....) not to mention his first loss in the ufc Phone Post
2/4/13 1:34 PM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way this is a serious thread. Phone Post
2/4/13 2:47 PM
Mister Collins
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor.
2/4/13 2:53 PM
LAE

ThinkMMA -
LAE - Nogueria. He lost to Fedor twice I know but he was fighting all the contenders while Fedor was fighting Zulu and Mark Hunt. Phone Post
Nog fought Zulu. Your point? Phone Post
Fedor is recognised for his run in pride. For me Nog had the better run in Pride. He fought Ricco, barnett, sergei, finished herring and finished crocop. Fedors only two siginificant wins were Nog and Cro cop but that doesnt make him greater overall. For me it will be Nogueria, he went to the UFC and has better and more relevant wins than Fedor since 2006. Fedor (through no fault of his own i admit) didnt fight those top guys because Nogueria fought them for him.

Its the same situation between Wanderlei and Shogun in PRIDE. Wanderlei got all the plaudits and everyone talks of hos amazing title run. All wand did was beat up cans and undersized Japanese guys. He beat Page twice and went 1-1 with Arona. Shogun beat page, nog, overeem and arona in the GP, Wands biggest win was nakamura ffs.

Pride liked to protect its stars. As doon as Shogun won the GP and became a star who did they give him? The Snake ffs.

Dont get me wrong, i am fan of all the fighters ive mentioned but just look at who they had to fight.

Fedor faded into obscurity because of M1, Nog is still relevant. Phone Post
2/4/13 3:05 PM
Billyz
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor and not even close.

Pezao beat Fedor at the end of his career, still an amazing accomplishment but more to do with Fedor losing a step honestly. Bigfoots also has some bad losses. Cormier body bagged him, Cain brutalized him and while his overeem win is a feather in the cap cant make him the greatest when just 2 fights ago he was beaten to a bloody pulp by the current champ

Cain - got blasted by JDS and LOST his belt in the first defense. Sure he avenged, but thats something the NEVER happened to Fedor as he essentially closed Pride out undefeated. Cain is without a doubt on top of the mountain but for all time great status you need years of dominance and he dropped the ball in his first chance to begin a reign somewhat disqualifies you.

Brock - Come on guys no just no. Super talented folded when he got hit in the head.

Cormier - not yet man to soon and not yet but possible

JDS- Sorry, great guy but same fault as Cain, plus a brutal title fight loss and domination. Kind of takes you out of "The greatest" talk for a bit.

The only answer is Fedor.
hate him, question his competition blah blah blah
He was the greatest and his legacy is still better than anyone at HW
2/4/13 3:09 PM
Billyz
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LAE - 
ThinkMMA -
LAE - Nogueria. He lost to Fedor twice I know but he was fighting all the contenders while Fedor was fighting Zulu and Mark Hunt. Phone Post
Nog fought Zulu. Your point? Phone Post
Fedor is recognised for his run in pride. For me Nog had the better run in Pride. He fought Ricco, barnett, sergei, finished herring and finished crocop. Fedors only two siginificant wins were Nog and Cro cop but that doesnt make him greater overall. For me it will be Nogueria, he went to the UFC and has better and more relevant wins than Fedor since 2006. Fedor (through no fault of his own i admit) didnt fight those top guys because Nogueria fought them for him.

Its the same situation between Wanderlei and Shogun in PRIDE. Wanderlei got all the plaudits and everyone talks of hos amazing title run. All wand did was beat up cans and undersized Japanese guys. He beat Page twice and went 1-1 with Arona. Shogun beat page, nog, overeem and arona in the GP, Wands biggest win was nakamura ffs.

Pride liked to protect its stars. As doon as Shogun won the GP and became a star who did they give him? The Snake ffs.

Dont get me wrong, i am fan of all the fighters ive mentioned but just look at who they had to fight.

Fedor faded into obscurity because of M1, Nog is still relevant. Phone Post

can agree with you somewhat about Nog,
But Fedor undoubetdly beat Nog in his prime twice in my mind almost absorbing all his wins as his own.

Man I hated that we never got to see Fedor VS Barnett.
Not that he needed to cement the legacy anymore. All the other fighters agreed in unison about who was the greatest.
2/4/13 3:27 PM
Yun
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fedor Phone Post
2/4/13 3:50 PM
wrongaboutVitali
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor.
2/4/13 4:00 PM
illumiNate

Fedor is a good choice but Anthony Johnson might have something to say about that. Rumble is looking to cut a swathe through the heavyweight division, starting with Arlovski. Phone Post
2/4/13 4:03 PM
SlipSlap

Cole Conrad. BOom Phone Post
2/4/13 4:03 PM
Brigham
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor, no comparison Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.