UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> lol @ Alistair's 20 minute entrance

2/2/13 11:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude comes out like Apollo Creed against Drago, acting like he's already the champ of the world, taking his sweet time, mugging for the cameras...then gets put in a coffin.

2/2/13 11:57 PM
Jason
352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin
orcus - 

Dude comes out like Apollo Creed against Drago, acting like he's already the champ of the world, taking his sweet time, mugging for the cameras...then gets put in a coffin.

its an mma match, ( a sport) not a fight to the death, not sure how he got put in a coffin

2/2/13 11:58 PM
orcus

hy·per·bo·le

[hahy-pur-buh-lee]  Show IPA
noun Rhetoric .
obvious and intentional exaggeration.
an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait aneternity.”

2/3/13 12:00 AM
puppet
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for gif. Right when the beat drops. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:01 AM
Mihow
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

hy·per·bo·le

noun Rhetoric .
an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait aneternity.”

HA
2/3/13 12:02 AM
JakeTheMuss
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

hy·per·bo·le

noun Rhetoric .

Awesome!
2/3/13 12:02 AM
Jason
352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/03/13 12:02 AM
Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin
orcus - 

hy·per·bo·le

noun Rhetoric .

yeah I am not obtuse enough to miss your hyperbole, i am merely just pointing out the idiocracy by choosing to address it as literal instead of the hyerbole. Using hyperbole just for the sake of using it adds nothing of value to a statement.

LICK my BAlls! (is that rhetoric or you think literal?)

2/3/13 12:03 AM
XFactah416
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Alistair was heading into the club..

Like he was planning his entrance into a Vegas night club rather than going into an MMA fight.
2/3/13 12:04 AM
ChaosOverkill
735 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His ego is gargantuan 

2/3/13 12:05 AM
orcus

"yeah I am not obtuse enough to miss your hyperbole, i am merely just pointing out the idiocracy by choosing to address it as literal instead of the hyerbole. Using hyperbole just for the sake of using it adds nothing of value to a statement."

You sound super fun, can we hang out and watch fights together? 

Back on topic, even my girlfriend said she hoped Alistair got killed (there's that dang hyperbole again) because of his smug, overblown entrance (and later because of Rogan's shameless nuthugging).

2/3/13 12:06 AM
ZzFDKzZ

orcus -

Lmao! Phone Post
2/3/13 12:06 AM
BrianStannFan
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XFactah416 - I thought Alistair was heading into the club..

Like he was planning his entrance into a Vegas night club rather than going into an MMA fight.

he trains in Miami Bro

2/3/13 12:08 AM
Kid Salami
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

"yeah I am not obtuse enough to miss your hyperbole, i am merely just pointing out the idiocracy by choosing to address it as literal instead of the hyerbole. Using hyperbole just for the sake of using it adds nothing of value to a statement."

Back on topic, even my girlfriend said she hoped Alistair got killed (there's that dang hyperbole again) because of his smug, overblown entrance (and later because of Rogan's shameless nuthugging).

Lol. I was going to say the same thing about him being the life of the party, but then I thought that he might not appreciate sarcasm either. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:12 AM
EckY
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im a fan of Overeem and what hes done but I thought it was pretty hysterical too, started believing his hype too much, he was literally laughing at Bigfoot's standup then got HL reeled beyond belief.

2/3/13 12:14 AM
kinson

Just check on the shertards. They are fucking losing their minds. Haha Phone Post
2/3/13 12:18 AM
456or7strings

Jason - 
orcus - 

hy·per·bo·le

noun Rhetoric .

yeah I am not obtuse enough to miss your hyperbole, i am merely just pointing out the idiocracy by choosing to address it as literal instead of the hyerbole. Using hyperbole just for the sake of using it adds nothing of value to a statement.

Idiocracy - I think you mean idiocy
2/3/13 2:50 PM
GC111

Video?
2/3/13 2:52 PM
jcblass
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

hy·per·bo·le

noun Rhetoric .

Thank you!
2/3/13 2:56 PM
jcblass
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kid Salami - 
orcus -

Lol. I was going to say the same thing about him being the life of the party, but then I thought that he might not appreciate sarcasm either. Phone Post

Address it as literal? I don't think there is anyone who read the post and LITERALLY thought Overeem was put into a coffin....

Hence the reason why it is called hyperbole. By definition hyperbole cannot be literal, because it is an "obvious and intentional exaggeration", so there is no way to ever confuse it as a real description...

Yikes....tough crowd.
2/3/13 2:57 PM
Entreri

orcus - 

:)

Until he is the champ, he has no reason to be that cocky.

Did he think he was Mr. Anderson? There can only be one.

A man's got to know his limitations.
2/3/13 2:58 PM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its the first thing I thought of when he got KTFO
2/3/13 2:58 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Overeem was on his way to Sensation White and just stopped by the UFC to say hi

2/3/13 3:00 PM
flowwiththego
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason -
orcus - 

hy·per·bo·le

noun Rhetoric .

You mad bro? Phone Post
2/3/13 3:09 PM
MahatmaPetey
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason -
orcus - 

hy·per·bo·le

noun Rhetoric .

Jesus... Phone Post
2/3/13 3:15 PM
caposa
1835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason is right orcus, this is not a death match

also, his entrance was definitely NOT 20 minutes. It was like 3 minutes tops

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.