UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Frankie Takes The Rematch

2/3/13 12:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Olive Garden Table For One
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frankie figured this kid out. Frankie 2 Times has his number. Rounds 4-10 are Frankie's Phone Post
2/3/13 12:55 AM
gavinknowles
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those scores were bad but great fight Phone Post
2/3/13 12:56 AM
MediumRareMistake
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way he lost 4-1. Bull shit. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:57 AM
Scramble City

This is how you kill a division. Not a steroid scandal, not pedophile, not beating your wife, or some horrible street fight induce fatality or some other horrible crime. You make it monotonous. You award someone for losing fair and square and you undermine the judge's decisions.
For all the crap judges get for making bad calls. This act of giving an immediate rematch undermines actual good judging. The 155lb title is now a joke because it takes a series of 2-3 fights for a champion. On top of that it clogs an already clutter and confusing division with more then a top 10 waiting.
Honestly people call me a hater but Frankie Edgar is the worse thing to happen to the 155lb division and MMA itself. Its more then just his point fighting. He's to weak and small for the division. He's killing the division off, not with impressive wins with bodies at his feet but rather a slow strangle killing the interest in the 155lb championship. The way he is right now, he's not meant for this sport. He goes down to 145lb he just another generic fighter. He has no where to really go except retire. And I hope for the sake of the 155lb division and MMA itself he calls it quits sooner rather then later.
2/3/13 12:57 AM
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a draw or Aldo by 1. I bet Edgar heavy, but I gotta be honest.

Frankie wins next time Phone Post
2/3/13 12:58 AM
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought he won the last 3
2/3/13 12:58 AM
Drunkenirishfc
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -
MediumRareMistake - No way he lost 4-1. Bull shit. Phone Post
Complete fucking bullshit Phone Post
. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:59 AM
Trick or Truth
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hasn't got enough power, pitter patter punches + biased commentary doesn't win fights. Was a great fight though I had it 48 - 47 Aldo. Get Fight from both guys.
2/3/13 1:00 AM
2Fort
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MediumRareMistake -  No way he lost 4-1. Bull shit. Phone Post

Agreed.
2/3/13 1:01 AM
Raxbot
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo clearly won the fight.

Aldo rd1, rd2, rd3
Edgar rd4, rd5

The only other outcome is to call it a draw, but Aldo won his rounds by wider margins so it isn't quite the best call. The champion stays champion.

The judges got the decision right. I'm very impressed by Aldo tonight. Edgar should fight somebody at the top of 145 and earn his way back to another title shot. There is no argument for an immediate rematch. I mean nothing against Frankie in saying this, but he shouldn't have gotten an immediate rematch against Henderson.
2/3/13 1:04 AM

Jose has great boxing and can't be hurt. He won fairly squarely or it was a draw. I was hoping for a screw job Vegas scorecard, I woulda won a mint.

1 and 2 aldo easy

4 and 5 Edgar easy

3 Aldo or even Phone Post
2/3/13 1:06 AM

nick diaz nut hugger -
Olive Garden Table For One - I had a draw or Aldo by 1. I bet Edgar heavy, but I gotta be honest.

Frankie wins next time Phone Post
Honest man and great poster. I had Aldo winning 3-2, but they gotta give Frankie this fucking rematch Phone Post
Grazie paisan. Lost a ducking fortune tonight. Thank god for Maia or I'd have busted out. Bookie has a good night on me Phone Post
2/3/13 1:07 AM
bagger
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scramble City - This is how you kill a division. Not a steroid scandal, not pedophile, not beating your wife, or some horrible street fight induce fatality or some other horrible crime. You make it monotonous. You award someone for losing fair and square and you undermine the judge's decisions.
For all the crap judges get for making bad calls. This act of giving an immediate rematch undermines actual good judging. The 155lb title is now a joke because it takes a series of 2-3 fights for a champion. On top of that it clogs an already clutter and confusing division with more then a top 10 waiting.
Honestly people call me a hater but Frankie Edgar is the worse thing to happen to the 155lb division and MMA itself. Its more then just his point fighting. He's to weak and small for the division. He's killing the division off, not with impressive wins with bodies at his feet but rather a slow strangle killing the interest in the 155lb championship. The way he is right now, he's not meant for this sport. He goes down to 145lb he just another generic fighter. He has no where to really go except retire. And I hope for the sake of the 155lb division and MMA itself he calls it quits sooner rather then later.

Did you even watch the fights tonight? Is this a copy and paste from a post you made 6 months ago?
2/3/13 1:08 AM
Size

I was laughing my ass off, thought this was the funniest joke, and then I realized that this is the UG, and you're probably serious.
2/3/13 1:09 AM

My bookie's eating lobster for a month Phone Post
2/3/13 1:12 AM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael is the next LHW champ - EDGAR GOT ROBBED THAT WAS ONE OF THE WORST ROBBERIES IN UFC HISTORY

EDGAR WON ROUNDS 3-5.

The only damage Aldo did was with some leg kicks in rounds 1 and 2
The only damage? I guess Frankie walked in with a closed eye and busted nose? Phone Post
2/3/13 1:17 AM
ranier wolfcastle
1176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufc just made a "no more rematche for frankie" rule

francis to 135

2/3/13 1:17 AM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bagger -
Scramble City - This is how you kill a division. Not a steroid scandal, not pedophile, not beating your wife, or some horrible street fight induce fatality or some other horrible crime. You make it monotonous. You award someone for losing fair and square and you undermine the judge's decisions.

Did you even watch the fights tonight? Is this a copy and paste from a post you made 6 months ago?
He copy pasted it in at least 2-3 other threads. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:20 AM
FullyLoadedFists

Frankie won 3, 4, and 5 hands down and was also WAY more active throughout the entire fight. And rounds 1 & 2 were not decisive at all. Cosmetic damage and a couple of leg kicks does not negate getting out struck and out worked the entire fight. Frankie was the true winner and the judges were complete retards. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:21 AM
Raxbot
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FullyLoadedFists -  Frankie won 3, 4, and 5 hands down and was also WAY more active throughout the entire fight. And rounds 1 & 2 were not decisive at all. Cosmetic damage and a couple of leg kicks does not negate getting out struck and out worked the entire fight. Frankie was the true winner and the judges were complete retards. Phone Post

I respectfully suggest you consider that you are wrong.
2/3/13 1:26 AM
Size

nick diaz nut hugger - 
Size - I was laughing my ass off, thought this was the funniest joke, and then I realized that this is the UG, and you're probably serious.
I was a little annoyed by your disrespect, thought you were 16, but then I realized this is the UG and you're just putting on a shit fucking troll performance after a guy loses a close fight Phone Post

Aldo tooled Edgar, and conserved energy in the later rounds.
2/3/13 1:29 AM
Jone2tone
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scramble City - This is how you kill a division. Not a steroid scandal, not pedophile, not beating your wife, or some horrible street fight induce fatality or some other horrible crime. You make it monotonous. You award someone for losing fair and square and you undermine the judge's decisions.
Absolutely agreed. He did nothing to deserve a rematch here. If the UFC wastes Aldo on one because "Frankie took all those rematches as Champ for us" again, they'll be wasting Aldo's talent.

He took rematches for you, Dana? And? Isn't it his JOB to take the fights you tell him are next??? Phone Post
2/3/13 1:32 AM
Raxbot

Frankie only took one rematch as champion, verses BJ Penn (and it was the most warranted of the rematches he was involved with, in my opinion). The rematch with Maynard (or the rubber match) was necessary as their first title fight was ruled a draw. The rematch with Henderson was rather unwarranted in my opinion.
2/3/13 1:44 AM
wasssp

Chael is the next LHW champ - EDGAR GOT ROBBED THAT WAS ONE OF THE WORST ROBBERIES IN UFC HISTORY

EDGAR WON ROUNDS 3-5.

Yeah, but if you leg kick someone so hard that their eye closes and their nose breaks, I'll give you win every damn time.
2/3/13 3:25 AM
kano350chevy

Chael is the next LHW champ - EDGAR GOT ROBBED THAT WAS ONE OF THE WORST ROBBERIES IN UFC HISTORY

EDGAR WON ROUNDS 3-5.

His face told a different story Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.