UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Frankie Takes The Rematch

2/3/13 3:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shaqitup
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think aldo takes a rematch quite easily.

Why did he stop kicking? He was actually destroying frankie with the kicks.

Also aldo's cornermen should learn how to score a fight.

2/3/13 3:40 AM
Tardiolli
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully there won't be a rematch. Not sure about you but I'm tired of watching Frankie in rematches. Give him someone else to fight for a change.
2/3/13 5:58 AM
phdinmma

Trick or Truth - Hasn't got enough power, pitter patter punches + biased commentary doesn't win fights. Was a great fight though I had it 48 - 47 Aldo. Get Fight from both guys.
Silly.

His last win was by tko. Phone Post
2/3/13 6:04 AM
Megatherium
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frankie gets him next time. Gets him next time.
2/3/13 7:43 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Megatherium - Frankie gets him next time. Gets him next time.

this ova here

2/3/13 9:13 AM
Trick or Truth
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

phdinmma - 
Trick or Truth - Hasn't got enough power, pitter patter punches + biased commentary doesn't win fights. Was a great fight though I had it 48 - 47 Aldo. Get Fight from both guys.
Silly.

His last win was by tko. Phone Post

Yeah true, but even then I don't think his power was very good, he just hurt Maynard and was able to sit down on his punches. He doesn't have power because he chooses not to sit down on his punches and instead ends up with pitter patter punches, I mean look at Aldo's face after the fight, wasn't a scratch on him.
2/3/13 9:23 AM
Osbot

Jsteven - i thought he won the last 3

I had 1-2 Aldo. 4-5 Frankie and can see the argument for either in 3.

I personally felt Frankie finished the round stronger and felt he would edge it based on his gaining momentum at the end of 3 being the fresher memory for the judges.

4-1 is absurd.
2/3/13 9:28 AM
Osbot

well rounded poster -  LOL you guys are fucking classic. Aldo actually picked Edgar apart in the opening rounds. As in, there was a noticeable gulf in ability.

You're going to call for a rematch because the champ cruised for the last couple of rounds? Fuck me dead it never ends Phone Post

I absolutely agree with the first paragraph. The gulf was massive.

The second paragraph is wrong. Aldo didn't cruise. Aldo was simply unable to keep pace with Frankie, this meant his offensive output dropped so he could conserve energy to maintain his defensive output.

This is why the fight was compelling and a great fight. Frankie is outclassed, Aldo can't put him away, and you know that as the fight goes on Aldo will get weaker and Frankie will come on stronger and stronger.

The narrative of the fight from the Rogan point of view completely mirrored this. Joe was all up swinging from Aldo's balls for the first two and a half rounds talking about how insane Aldo's striking is compared to anyone else, and jacking himself off over the impact sounds :)

Then around the halfway point of the fight, Joe picks up on the subtle but shifting momentum of the fight and starts building that narrative. He was right, Aldo was less a threat and with Aldo firing back, Frankie was able to start getting to Aldo.

The fair call in that fight is 3-2 either way or 2-2 1 even.
2/4/13 7:37 AM
Size

Frankie just lured him in, losing the first three rounds to set up the big money trilogy where he proves he is the king!!!!
2/4/13 7:40 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Size - Frankie just lured him in, losing the first three rounds to set up the big money trilogy where he proves he is the king!!!!

church

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.