UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> what a joke this ufc is becoming

2/3/13 1:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FadeToBlack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You didn't watch the fight I watched, TS. I think you were rooting for Frankie too much. I was rooting for him too, but I had it Aldo as the winner right when the final horn rang. Frankie needed to take it away and he never did it.
2/3/13 1:05 AM
Stuckey

Mihow - luckily everyone who thought Frankie won were wrong

it's cool that we saw it differently but the doom and gloom about a fight that wasn't even that close is kind of silly an anooying

You can easily make an argument that Edgar won 4&5. Round 3 was close, though I'd say Aldo took it.
That does not make this a fight that "wasn't even close."
Hoss

I think 1 and 2 were clearly Aldo, lots of damage. 3 was close and you could tell Aldo slowed down his attack quite a bit. 4 and 5 were frankie, not because he was inflicting mass amounts of damage but he was the busier fighter and landed more strikes than Aldo by quite a bit. I still think Aldo won but I could have seen it going either way.
Dmoney35
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - Had him clearly winning 4-5, Aldo narrowly taking 3 Phone Post
I can agree with that but the judges scores don't back it up Phone Post
2/3/13 1:07 AM
Dmoney35
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stea1th -

YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE CHAMP. NOT BARELY BEAT THE CHAMP. 

tell that to bj Phone Post
2/3/13 1:07 AM
Stuckey

Stea1th - 

YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE CHAMP. NOT BARELY BEAT THE CHAMP. 

Sorry, but that's never been a rule and no judge is under any obligation to follow it.
2/3/13 1:08 AM
eljamaiquino

Karma for winning a title on BS dancing. Now Edgar is 1-1-3 in his last 5 title fights.
2/3/13 1:08 AM
Dmoney35

scrapdo -
Jason - 
Bofbro - He lost the first three and the 5th was close.
I'm sure some people are blinded by hype.
Yep Phone Post

To what "hype" are you referring? Rogan had Frankie losing the 3rd. Also is hailed as amazing and they were on his nuts the whole first 2.5 rounds. Frankie was the underdog. Rogan had Aldo winning the fight. So where was the hype for Frankie? When people concluded that Frankie won...or AT LEAST did better than 49-46, they must have formed their own opion, right?? Since the broadcasters had a differing one...right??

I wont go off the deep end saying he was robbed, but I thought he won 3,4 & 5 and I'd never really considered myself a Frankie fan.

exactly this!! way he'd hundreds of hours of mma and know what a win looks like. granted I'm not saying frankly clearly won but the scores were so fucking dumb it sours me on the whole match. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:10 AM
Trick or Truth
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
2/3/13 1:11 AM
Dmoney35

I'd love to sit down with the judges an have them show me what "4" rounds Aldo won. DFW YOUR BRAND IS BEING TARNISHED and it hurts my heart. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:12 AM
Mihow
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stuckey - 
Mihow - luckily everyone who thought Frankie won were wrong

it's cool that we saw it differently but the doom and gloom about a fight that wasn't even that close is kind of silly an anooying

You can easily make an argument that Edgar won 4&5. Round 3 was close, though I'd say Aldo took it.
That does not make this a fight that "wasn't even close."

'make an argument for Edgar in 4/5' 'round 3 was close'

if those are your best arguments for the fight being close ... than yea the fight wasnt even close
2/3/13 1:13 AM
ShawnTheBadger
430 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dmoney35 - 
nick diaz nut hugger - Had him clearly winning 4-5, Aldo narrowly taking 3 Phone Post
I can agree with that but the judges scores don't back it up Phone Post

That's what I saw as well.
2/3/13 1:15 AM
Forrest Spliffn

I had aldo 123 and 5 with Frankie taking Rd 4. Phone Post
bakobell

You're right. The only thing we see in all of Edgar's previous fights is ALL of the judges suck! Or it's just Edgar. Phone Post
Bisping decisioned my SN

Ryann Von Doom - Lol @ frankie winning. Phone Post
. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:17 AM
kinson

Maybe if Frankie finished someone.... Phone Post
2/3/13 1:18 AM
Sherdoggystyle

1 and 2 were Aldo

3rd was a tossup

4th was Edgar

I'd argue 5th was also tossup because Aldo threw some heavy hands including that jump off cage superman punch

2/3/13 1:19 AM
Phisher

It's disturbing to see how easily people are influenced by biased commentary. I like Frankie a lot and wanted him to win this fight, but he just didn't. He gave Aldo one of his most competitive fights, but there's no way that he won.

2/3/13 1:22 AM
scrapdo
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael is the next LHW champ - 
scrapdo - 
Jason - 
Bofbro - He lost the first three and the 5th was close.
I'm sure some people are blinded by hype.
Yep Phone Post

To what "hype" are you referring? Rogan had Frankie losing the 3rd. Also is hailed as amazing and they were on his nuts the whole first 2.5 rounds. Frankie was the underdog. Rogan had Aldo winning the fight. So where was the hype for Frankie? When people concluded that Frankie won...or AT LEAST did better than 49-46, they must have formed their own opion, right?? Since the broadcasters had a differing one...right??

I wont go off the deep end saying he was robbed, but I thought he won 3,4 & 5 and I'd never really considered myself a Frankie fan.

rogan didnt have edgar losing the 3rd. He said many times he had edgar winning rounds 4 and 5 and that round 3 could go either way

Watch it again. He said Aldo won the 3rd several times. As the fight was ending he hedged a bit on it.

2/3/13 1:24 AM
epic hero

Edgar fans are sad they say he gets robbed after every fight yet they never complain about the Edgar-Penn 1 decision
2/3/13 1:26 AM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judges are a joke, this UFC was great
2/3/13 1:30 AM
Jaybrone
428 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People need to calm down. I lost 50 bucks betting on Edgar. But for the love of god stop crying robbery every time there is a close fight that goes the other way. It isn't like it was Pac v Bradley. It was an extremely close fight and it happened to go the other way. Be rational and objective and it is easy to argue that Aldo won.

2/3/13 1:32 AM
mclay
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Streaker - Comes in expecting to read things about ufc....

Reads about Nevada state athletic commission's judges Phone Post
< Phone Post
2/3/13 1:32 AM
Jaybrone
428 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol i have been voted down 3 times for an opinion that it was a close fight fuck the haters.

2/3/13 1:39 AM
Dmoney35

DrunkenBatman - "What a joke the UFC is becoming"

Ops problem is with the judging.

Op says the Judging is not the HFCs fault. Phone Post
yes and I can say that. the UFC can't control it but is adversely affecting their marketability. it's sad they can't control it and generally is say it's better but god damn nothing is getting better and nothing is changing. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.