UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fightmetric stats for Aldo/Edgar

2/3/13 1:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/03/13 1:22 AM

Just for those who are wondering

And here's the link -

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/02/aldo-vs-edgar-official-ufc-statistics.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

2/3/13 1:21 AM
Card
2018 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo is amazing.

2/3/13 1:21 AM
TakesKawkFromSEAHAWKS
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/3/13 1:22 AM
TDogg926
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But, but, Frankie - the OG Phone Post
TDogg926
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*UG Phone Post
Boondock
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stats back up what most of us witnessed tonight.  Aldo > Edgar

2/3/13 1:23 AM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I always defend Rogan on commentary but he was riding Frankies nuts so hard in that 5th round, ignoring everything Aldo did.

HandyDarsh
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha I didn't think there would be any controversy over the decision at all. Phone Post
Scramble City

The math even shows Frankie isn't meant for the sport.

He is just to small, to weak, and only relies on point fighting to confusing the sheeple and judges.
2/3/13 1:24 AM
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/03/13 1:24 AM
Chris27 - Yeah I always defend Rogan on commentary but he was riding Frankies nuts so hard in that 5th round, ignoring everything Aldo did.

Agreed.  I think Rogan just likes a good underdog story.  I also didn't mind too much because I'm a Frankie fan :). 

Having said that, I do think he was biased and I do think Aldo won.  He looked fantastic tonight.

2/3/13 1:24 AM
Samoa
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure I agree with 49-46 but I am positive that the judges identified the correct fighter as the winner. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:25 AM
bruised
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish I had more VTFU.

2/3/13 1:25 AM
Raxbot
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh -  Haha I didn't think there would be any controversy over the decision at all. Phone Post

I didn't think there should have been, but I did somewhat expect it.
2/3/13 1:26 AM
bruised
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
Chris27 - Yeah I always defend Rogan on commentary but he was riding Frankies nuts so hard in that 5th round, ignoring everything Aldo did.

Agreed.  I think Rogan just likes a good underdog story.  I also didn't mind too much because I'm a Frankie fan :). 

Having said that, I do think he was biased and I do think Aldo won.  He looked fantastic tonight.

You impressed me - no sarcasm.

UGSlapshot

Scramble City - The math even shows Frankie isn't meant for the sport.

He is just to small, to weak, and only relies on point fighting to confusing the sheeple and judges.
You are really that fucking dumb aren't you.. Phone Post
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn that's not even close. Not to mention the damage wasn't even comparable. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:27 AM
daba

The thing about Frankie is that even if he lands more strikes his strikes tend to not be as powerful than the guys he fights. That's what makes it tough to give him rounds in a lot of these close fights. Unless he lands 20+ more strikes in a round it's tough to give him the nod.

It's kind of the same with someone like Dominick Cruz. He doesn't hit as hard on most of his strikes but he makes up for it in volume. To give Edgar a round he has to land a lot more strikes imo because he doesn't generally hit as hard.
2/3/13 1:27 AM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Rogan, but he made that fight sound waaaay closer than it really was. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:28 AM
yellow c0ckahlc
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Samoa -  Not sure I agree with 49-46 but I am positive that the judges identified the correct fighter as the winner. Phone Post

This.

49-46 probably came from the Byrd.

2/3/13 1:28 AM
Bofbro
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone in the UFC Top Team wanted a Frankie win.
It's so sad, they hype how they feel.
2/3/13 1:29 AM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God Bless Tim Tebow - That's very misleading. Go look at the round by round stats.

the 10 point must system had aldo winning 49-46.
2/3/13 1:29 AM

Frankie did land more significant strikes in each of the last 3 rounds.  Aldo was more damaging though IMO.

2/3/13 1:30 AM
Raxbot
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God Bless Tim Tebow - That's very misleading. Go look at the round by round stats.

Can you provide a breakdown of how the overall tally is misleading based on analysis of round by round statistics?

Personally, I look at the round by round statistics and still come up with Aldo winning, the same result I come up with looking at the overall tally and the same result I came up with watching the fight.
2/3/13 1:31 AM
stillmatic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was wondering how Rogan was seeing all those punches landing for Edgar in the 5th round while I was seeing him hit air. The stats would back up what I thought I was seeing.

I really don't think many people would be thinking it was controversial at all if Edgar didn't get dominated so badly in the first 2 rounds.
2/3/13 1:32 AM
Silverball
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - Yeah I always defend Rogan on commentary but he was riding Frankies nuts so hard in that 5th round, ignoring everything Aldo did.

True, but he's human. Sometimes our emotions get the best of us, not the end of the world. There's a chance he was trying to make it more suspenseful for the casual viewer. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.