UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pro Fighter Matt Perry Banned

2/5/13 2:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vaginal tear
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When his freeze is over are you going to create a welcome back thread? Phone Post
2/5/13 8:08 AM
Driscoll
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vaginal tear - When his freeze is over are you going to create a welcome back thread? Phone Post
We're gonna have a welcome back party with punch and pie. Phone Post
2/5/13 10:13 AM
Jsteven
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever -
Pikes - 
disbeliever - Being green doesn't make you immune to following the site rules, nor do business accounts, or mods or anyone.
But all the bashing going on in this thread about a pro fighter means nothing.

Good logic. Phone Post

Not sure what you're crying about. I have deleted several posts in this thread personally.

To address a few other posts people made:

"yet Jimmy Rustler is allowed to spam

and thiaguy is on his 5th SN "

No one is "allowed" to spam. And if thaiguy is on his "5th sn" that means mods are doing their job, finding trolls and booting them, right? Nothing is available that can stop someone from making a new account if they really want to. We actually hope that if people make a new account after being banned they will do so realizing WHY they were banned and try to not be a douchebag again. Often doesn't work that way, but we hope. Also, how are we suppose to know a new SN is a previously banned user? Someone doesn't sit looking up every SN created to cross reference with older SN's... until they do something to grab a mods attention, or another poster sends a PM saying "hey this is thaiguy" what do you want us to do?

We have green namers with 0-1 records who were starched in the first round, don't think that warrants special privileges

They are pro fighters, right? They got paid to step in a cage/ring to fight. Which is more balls then 90% of the posters who rag on them have ever done. Why should they not be treated the same? Fighter bashing is fighter bashing
Ill start treating the 0-1 ers who were paid the same way I treat Anderson silva, thanks for the clarification. Phone Post
2/5/13 10:16 AM
vaginal tear
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can a mod confirm he is still frozen? It's been a lot longer than the usual freeze. Phone Post
2/5/13 10:21 AM
disbeliever
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Jsteven - 
disbeliever -
Pikes - 
disbeliever - Being green doesn't make you immune to following the site rules, nor do business accounts, or mods or anyone.

Good logic. Phone Post

Not sure what you're crying about. I have deleted several posts in this thread personally.

No one is "allowed" to spam. And if thaiguy is on his "5th sn" that means mods are doing their job, finding trolls and booting them, right? Nothing is available that can stop someone from making a new account if they really want to. We actually hope that if people make a new account after being banned they will do so realizing WHY they were banned and try to not be a douchebag again. Often doesn't work that way, but we hope. Also, how are we suppose to know a new SN is a previously banned user? Someone doesn't sit looking up every SN created to cross reference with older SN's... until they do something to grab a mods attention, or another poster sends a PM saying "hey this is thaiguy" what do you want us to do?

We have green namers with 0-1 records who were starched in the first round, don't think that warrants special privileges

They are pro fighters, right? They got paid to step in a cage/ring to fight. Which is more balls then 90% of the posters who rag on them have ever done. Why should they not be treated the same? Fighter bashing is fighter bashing
Ill start treating the 0-1 ers who were paid the same way I treat Anderson silva, thanks for the clarification. Phone Post

This seems like sarcasm to me, so I will assume it is as answer accordingly...

I'm not saying you need to respect an 0-1 like you do Anderson, and I am certainly not saying they are on the same level. It's not about that. The rule kirik put in place was for "fighter bashing". ANY fighter.

If you were on a police message board, would it be OK to shit on a rookie cop, but not a Detective? Are they not both cops?

And usually it is people who have not trained or fought before talking the most shit to a fighter. Regardless of if they are 0-1 or 400-1 (god bless Rickson) they are covered by the rule.

Common sense should tell people what is and is not appropriate. I've said since day one people are state their opinion about a fighter in a respectful way. You don't have to like a certain fighter, but you need to post in a respectful way. It's possible to form an opinion or statement without sounding douchey
2/5/13 10:44 AM
Jsteven
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever -
Jsteven - 
disbeliever -
Pikes - 

Good logic. Phone Post

I'm not saying you need to respect an 0-1 like you do Anderson, and I am certainly not saying they are on the same level. It's not about that. The rule kirik put in place was for "fighter bashing". ANY fighter.

If you were on a police message board, would it be OK to shit on a rookie cop, but not a Detective? Are they not both cops?

And usually it is people who have not trained or fought before talking the most shit to a fighter. Regardless of if they are 0-1 or 400-1 (god bless Rickson) they are covered by the rule.

Common sense should tell people what is and is not appropriate. I've said since day one people are state their opinion about a fighter in a respectful way. You don't have to like a certain fighter, but you need to post in a respectful way. It's possible to form an opinion or statement without sounding douchey
It was sarcastic, but my point is people were defending chandler bing saying you can not say derogatory things about him, even after his overeem tirade, because he is a fighter. That is insane, if a green namer says ridiculous shit they should not get a pass because they may have fought once, just my opinion and may be against the rules. Thanks for the response, ill try to keep my sarcastic douchieness in check. Phone Post
2/5/13 10:54 AM
Son of Neckbone
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think pros should be banned for any reason whatsoever.
2/5/13 11:51 AM
Driscoll
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever -
Jsteven - 
disbeliever -
Pikes - 

Good logic. Phone Post

You, sir, have made a believer out of me. Thank you for allowing logic to rule. Phone Post
2/5/13 12:06 PM
disbeliever
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As an example, since Fedor is a hot topic here:

If someone says "I never liked Fedor I don't think he ever really fought the toughest guys" or "I like Fedor but his management really fucked him over" both of those are 100% fine to me.

What isn't fine is "Fedor is a fuckign bum who only fought cans in a roided out Japan, and he was too pussy to sign with the UFC".

See the difference?
2/5/13 12:07 PM
disbeliever

Son of Neckbone - I don't think pros should be banned for any reason whatsoever.

I don't understand this line of thinking at all. So is a pro fighter posted stolen credit card information, or someones home address (which are both obviously against rules) you would stand up and support them not having any consequences against them?
2/5/13 1:06 PM
Overseer got owned by BCE
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Son of Neckbone - I don't think pros should be banned for any reason whatsoever.
If you break the rules, you should expect the consequences accordingly. Phone Post
2/6/13 12:50 PM
Pikes
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Free Perry Phone Post
2/6/13 1:19 PM
OftheWay
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TDogg926 -
ShawnTheBadger - He deserved the ban.
This. Just cause you're a fighter doesn't mean the rules don't apply to you. Phone Post
Actually in most cases fighters are allowed to post anything they want with impunity. Mods have stated that they don't hold fighters who post to the same standard as other posters. Phone Post
2/6/13 2:25 PM
Jim Clifford

I can confirm alcohol was involved during the creation of said post. 

2/6/13 2:49 PM
bee rad

Jim Clifford - 

I can confirm alcohol was involved during the creation of said post. 

Instigator! 

2/6/13 8:13 PM
TheRaider
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should make a poll or something. I bet the majority would vote for the ban to stick.
2/6/13 8:16 PM
hellride
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe the criteria should be "Would you say that to his face?"
2/6/13 9:20 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Harlem -
2JupitersTooMany -
RowdyBec - 

Red, green, blue or mud name :) Rule should be the same for everyone!!

There's a difference between criticising a fighters performance & being a douche nozzle LOL :)

Please ban for bashing professional fighter Matt "Douche Nozzle" Perry

2jupes.

Where the heck have you been? Phone Post
Torn ACL bro, crippling depression brah. Phone Post
2/7/13 2:58 PM
Matt Perry

I will take this unfreezing as affirmation that what I said was correct but offensive to those with soft skin and just plain not politically correct. I stand 100 percent by what I said but out of respect for those who support fighters that cheat honest, honorable men out of their deserved glory by illegally gaining 40 lbs of muscle in 3 months to achieve a level of success far out of their range of ability due to a lack of actual fighting spirit, I will not repost the infamous post that hurt the feelings of those of you that live vicariously through Overeem. By all means keep possessing those character flaws and supporting those who dishonor martial arts by looking for strength on the outside instead of from within.

Also, I am not the guy from the classic American TV show "Friends". That's actually a different, less attractive guy with the same name. It's a mistake any of us could make so if you could all refrain from posting pictures of him on my posts that would be nice. Thank you all so much for fighting to get me back!
2/7/13 2:58 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

2/7/13 3:04 PM
vaginal tear

Haha Phone Post
2/7/13 3:13 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

2/7/13 7:12 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Perry - I will take this unfreezing as affirmation that what I said was correct but offensive to those with soft skin and just plain not politically correct. I stand 100 percent by what I said but out of respect for those who support fighters that cheat honest, honorable men out of their deserved glory by illegally gaining 40 lbs of muscle in 3 months to achieve a level of success far out of their range of ability due to a lack of actual fighting spirit, I will not repost the infamous post that hurt the feelings of those of you that live vicariously through Overeem. By all means keep possessing those character flaws and supporting those who dishonor martial arts by looking for strength on the outside instead of from within.

Also, I am not the guy from the classic American TV show "Friends". That's actually a different, less attractive guy with the same name. It's a mistake any of us could make so if you could all refrain from posting pictures of him on my posts that would be nice. Thank you all so much for fighting to get me back!

blahblahblahI'm Chandlerblahblahblah

Outstanding.

2/7/13 7:59 PM
Jsteven

Awesome Phone Post
2/7/13 8:45 PM
Driscoll

ImA2TimeLoser - 
Matt Perry - I will take this unfreezing as affirmation that what I said was correct but offensive to those with soft skin and just plain not politically correct. I stand 100 percent by what I said but out of respect for those who support fighters that cheat honest, honorable men out of their deserved glory by illegally gaining 40 lbs of muscle in 3 months to achieve a level of success far out of their range of ability due to a lack of actual fighting spirit, I will not repost the infamous post that hurt the feelings of those of you that live vicariously through Overeem. By all means keep possessing those character flaws and supporting those who dishonor martial arts by looking for strength on the outside instead of from within.

Ban Phone Post

+1

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.