UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I just rewatched Round 3...

2/3/13 1:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hocky Balboa
7908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and I can totally understand how people would think that Frankie won the fight.

This is coming from someone who made a thread in rebuttal of the "Frankie Won 3-2" thread and thought that Aldo won the fight.

Round 3 was EXTREMELY close and hard to call.

2/3/13 2:02 AM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was sooo close. I rewatched it too. Edgar landed more shots and aldo landed the most significant (kick to the face). Phone Post
2/3/13 2:02 AM
shaqitup
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was really annoyed at Aldo's corner, i don't know if it was all fatigue, or he started coasting a bit, but they were telling him he was up 4-0 going into the 5th round.

2/3/13 2:05 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Frankie could fight GSP or Cole Escovedo and the fights would be equally close.  He makes any fight competitive.

2/3/13 2:05 AM
shaqitup
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

I think Frankie could fight GSP or Cole Escovedo and the fights would be equally close.  He makes any fight competitive.

I'm sorry but Frankie wouldn't stand a chance against GSP.

He's way too small, and GSP's jab would give him fits imo.

2/3/13 2:06 AM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to see Edgar vs Cruz. I think he can make 135. Phone Post
2/3/13 2:07 AM
Res ispa loquitur
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed OP. the third round was bordering on too close to call for me. I thought the decision would have been split and closer given the typical nature of judging. Alas, I usually wrong. I good at calling KOs though. Not that down pat. 

2/3/13 2:08 AM
SupesUp
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stigga - It was sooo close. I rewatched it too. Edgar landed more shots and aldo landed the most significant (kick to the face). Phone Post
Thats exactly what I thought. Without that sick front kick the round was all Frankie, but close fights are close. Phone Post
2/3/13 2:09 AM
Overseer got owned by BCE
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'M

SO

MAD Phone Post
2/3/13 2:10 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/03/13 2:10 AM
shaqitup - 
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

I'm sorry but Frankie wouldn't stand a chance against GSP.

He's way too small, and GSP's jab would give him fits imo.

Was making a joke.  I obviously don't think he'd do too well against GSP :)

And he'd definitely run all over Cole Escovedo.

It's just that 6 of his last 7 fights have been very close.

2/3/13 2:12 AM
Hocky Balboa
7908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Res ispa loquitur - 

Agreed OP. the third round was bordering on too close to call for me. I thought the decision would have been split and closer given the typical nature of judging. Alas, I usually wrong. I good at calling KOs though. Not that down pat. 

Yup... I am loving your use of GIFs, by the way.

You are almost coming into Kevin McAllister territory.

He will always be the King though.

2/3/13 2:15 AM
Stuckey
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Totally correct OP. I gave Aldo a very close edge in round 3, and thus the fight. But that doesn't mean it's totally unreasonable to give Edgar round 3. And if you gave him 4&5 as well, you can make the argument he won the fight.

And yet this forum is full of guys screaming that it's totally idiotic to suggest this was anything but clear cut domination from Aldo.

2/3/13 2:20 AM
TheFlood58

I 2nd this motion it's one of those things where you have to ask did Frankie do enough to TAKE the title. Either way the fight went people would have been at each other's throats it happens every Frankie fight. They are all really close and no matter which way they go someone is talking shit and someone is yelling robbery. Phone Post
2/3/13 2:29 AM
Chris27

Stuckey - Totally correct OP. I gave Aldo a very close edge in round 3, and thus the fight. But that doesn't mean it's totally unreasonable to give Edgar round 3. And if you gave him 4&5 as well, you can make the argument he won the fight.

And yet this forum is full of guys screaming that it's totally idiotic to suggest this was anything but clear cut domination from Aldo.

domination? No, but I think it was a pretty clear cut win for Aldo.
2/3/13 2:30 AM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa - 
Res ispa loquitur - 

2/3/13 2:37 AM
Stuckey

Chris27 - 
Stuckey - Totally correct OP. I gave Aldo a very close edge in round 3, and thus the fight. But that doesn't mean it's totally unreasonable to give Edgar round 3. And if you gave him 4&5 as well, you can make the argument he won the fight.

domination? No, but I think it was a pretty clear cut win for Aldo.

Well, obviously based on the scores from the judges yes. My point being that I would have had no problem with Edgar getting a decision based on winning a very close round 3.

Aldo fans would be screaming bloody murder but I really do think it was that close.
2/3/13 2:41 AM
Hocky Balboa

LOL.

2/3/13 4:25 AM
Res ispa loquitur
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KevinMcAllister - 
Hocky Balboa - 
Res ispa loquitur - 

2/3/13 6:14 AM
Leck Brosnar

I think Aldo deserved the win easily. Frankie did good for the last few rounds but come on, this is what's wrong with stupid boxing scoring. That fight should never be even close to even on the scorecards.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.