UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 2 Judges Gave Aldo 4 rounds?!?!?

2/3/13 2:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Aldo, like Frankie too, wanted Aldo to win but there is no fckin way in hell Frankie didnt win 4 and 5. It came down to 3 and that was almost too close to call.

But 2 judges with 49-46?

W.T.F?
2/3/13 2:21 AM
B_Goetz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, that was odd.
2/3/13 2:22 AM
daba

The only round Edgar definitely won was round 4.
2/3/13 2:23 AM
Raxbot
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer -  Edgar only won round 4. Phone Post

I had originally scored Aldo 1, 2, and 3, and Edgar 4 and 5, but after reviewing the FightMetric data, I have to agree with DoomFarmer.

Edgar only won round 4.
2/3/13 2:23 AM
UGSlapshot

B_Goetz - Yeah, that was odd.
The problem is that its not odd... Phone Post
2/3/13 2:26 AM
MMOZ
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Superman punch off the cage in the last few seconds probably gave Aldo the 5th, sad but true. Front kick to the face would have given Aldo the 3rd and Aldo clearly won rounds 1 and 2. That is where I am guessing they got the scores from anyway. The judging in MMA is total bullshit and has been for years, they need to do something about it. I still give Aldo the win but the scorecards at the end were fucking unbelieveable.

2/3/13 2:27 AM
Stea1th

To win the belt, a lot of judges wont' give a fighter the round unless he truly dominates. 

Problem with edgar is he doesn't dominate, he just barely does better, and when it comes to the beating the champ thats not enough. 

2/3/13 2:31 AM
Raxbot
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Out-landing Edgar 6 to 3 in power strikes to the head, out-landing 8 to 5 in jab strikes to the head, and stuffing 2 takedown attempts won Aldo the fifth round (according to FightMetric).

There's nothing sad but definitely truth in that.
2/3/13 3:04 AM
Wasa-B
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo DEF won the 5th?
2/3/13 3:04 AM
Wasa-B

Dont think he even won it at all.
2/3/13 3:34 AM
Wasa-B

i wanted Aldo to take it but thought it was def Frankie
2/3/13 3:36 AM
unfilter
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightmetric also had it 49-46 for aldo, just throwin' that out there~

2/3/13 3:53 AM
unfilter
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 
unfilter - 

fightmetric also had it 49-46 for aldo, just throwin' that out there~

Ah, come on, you're smart enough to know that fightmetric is often misleading.

I've gotta re-watch the fight, honestly, to get a more objective look at the 5th. I agree that 4-1 is possible, though

yeah of course, i'm just saying that if two judges and fightmetric saw it that way then it must be at least somewhat rooted in reality.

personally i thought it was pretty even going into the fifth but i've come to grips with the fact i just can't judge edgar fights for shit. 

2/3/13 4:20 AM
bigJ6464
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doctor NPD - at ewas cazy of the judge ndas man. i had it 4946 for edgar
Lol! alcohol Phone Post
2/3/13 1:04 PM
SilentSamurai8

Raxbot -

I had originally scored Aldo 1, 2, and 3, and Edgar 4 and 5, but after reviewing the FightMetric data, I have to agree with DoomFarmer.

Edgar only won round 4.
Dido Phone Post
2/3/13 1:10 PM
HandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Raxbot -

Edgar only won round 4.
. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:14 PM
studiocamp
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's Frankie's style. He tries to outpoint his opponent for each round. Besides round 4, the rounds he could've arguably won were much closer than the rounds Jose won. Frankie needs to stop going out there with this blasé mindset like he's out there sparring. I'm not saying he doesn't have heart, he just doesn't have that killer intinct.
2/3/13 1:15 PM
Dmoney35

this was my biggest issue. I don't care so much Aldo won its just that the scores they announced were so ridiculous Phone Post
2/3/13 1:18 PM
Wasa-B

Ok guys, watched it again, sorry, i was wrong - it was a CLOSE round - though still dont think it was a clear round for Aldo at all.

Up until the super man punch, which could have been the hardest shot of the round, I had Frankie ahead.

I think both 3 and 5 were almost too close to call.
2/3/13 1:19 PM
Captfireeyes
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had Aldo winning 1,2,5 with round three being really close. Only round Frankie won was the 4th. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:20 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a hard time giving Frankie the fight knowing he got beaten into a pulp in the early rounds and did nothing himself other than 1 slam and pitter pat punches that did zero damage

Even Aldos jabs were snapping Frankies head back violently
2/3/13 1:20 PM
1800champagne

Aldo won 23 out of 25 minutes at the minimum. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:45 PM
1a1
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously this should not be questioned.... Its like the first benson fight..... It wasnt close Phone Post
2/3/13 1:49 PM
Wasa-B

Gokudamus stole my name - I have a hard time giving Frankie the fight knowing he got beaten into a pulp in the early rounds and did nothing himself other than 1 slam and pitter pat punches that did zero damage

Even Aldos jabs were snapping Frankies head back violently

Yes, Aldo won the "fight." But he also slowed in 3-5 so....

And since we're scoring by round.....
2/3/13 1:50 PM
Wasa-B

1800champagne -  Aldo won 23 out of 25 minutes at the minimum. Phone Post

Aldo lost his definitive edge somewhere into the 3 round. I was going for him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.