UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Randy isn't welcome at UFC events!

2/3/13 4:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fasthandssam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian J DSouza - 

Any fighter has the right to keep their business affairs confidential, even from former employers. No one has a right to know the specifics of a deal, especially one in progress.

Randy doesn't have to give Dana/Zuffa/UFC a play-by-play update on who he's negotiating with from day-to-day.

Right. Randy was within his rights. And so is Dana when he tells him to fuck off right?

Randy can handle his business the way he wants... and Dana can handle his the same. Seems fair to me.
2/3/13 4:35 AM
soremano
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shallowkal -  Randy is a devious bastard, you can tell it in his eyes. I hope Dana burns him till hes old and fat. ( Randy, not Dana ) Phone Post

first order of business will be to remove him from ufc hall of fame and to erase his fights from ufc library

except for the brock fight, the brock fight will be digitally reimaged so that it looks like brock lesnar fighting brock lesnar

2/3/13 4:47 AM
G-Hands
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else feel like they're back in high school?

hahaha/ truth.
2/3/13 4:59 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 02/03/13 5:00 AM

horrible move by randy... id rather be in business with Zuffa than with a promotion that may not last 3 years.

if i was randy i would have been honest with dana and said look, spike is offering me this deal...  zuffa would have  have given him the same or better deal and you have the luxury of knowing they will be around for a long time.

if bellator shuts it's doors in a few years - like every other promotion that tried competing with the UFC has - and zuffa has closed it's doors to you... what then?

ufc events are great for networking within the industry.

Randy played this wrong.... he should have used the bellator deal to leverage something similar or better with zuffa.

Im surprised Zuffa didnt include a non compete in Randy's commentating deal like the original one they had when he was filling in for rogan.

2/3/13 5:10 AM
Humphrey

Edited: 02/03/13 5:11 AM
How can anyone be surprised by Randy's sleezy actions?

He held the belt hostage in the UFC for money...TWICE, he cheated on all his wives with his next in line wife, he fucked Affliction and other business contracts he had.

He's got no integrity of any kind. He's a sleezeball

While I think Dana is a vindictive tweener at heart, Randy deserves to look very bad here.
2/3/13 5:22 AM
Toby Lerone
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 
D241 - 

Can Dana ban Randy from cornering a fighter? Under what grounds?

zuffa can ban anyone from the arena.

Apart from refs or Mazzagatti would've been banned long,long ago.

2/3/13 5:42 AM
diggity

MMOZ -

Why is Dana acting so butthurt about this? Randy did a lot for the UFC and sure Dana looked after him pretty well but he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Let it go Dana, be the bigger man.

If randy can do what he wants.... Then by your logic..... So can Dana? Phone Post
2/3/13 5:57 AM
TheMessiah

Humphrey - How can anyone be surprised by Randy's sleezy actions?

He held the belt hostage in the UFC for money...TWICE, he cheated on all his wives with his next in line wife, he fucked Affliction and other business contracts he had.

He's got no integrity of any kind. He's a sleezeball

While I think Dana is a vindictive tweener at heart, Randy deserves to look very bad here.
I thought he was Captain America.. I'm disappointed now Phone Post
2/3/13 6:28 AM
theken206
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
Brian J DSouza - 

Any fighter has the right to keep their business affairs confidential, even from former employers. No one has a right to know the specifics of a deal, especially one in progress.

Randy doesn't have to give Dana/Zuffa/UFC a play-by-play update on who he's negotiating with from day-to-day.

No one has a right to know the specifics of a deal, especially one in progress.

LOLOL! Then WTF is the point of most of your threads and posts on this board?

Cindy

lol I love Cindy
2/3/13 10:09 AM
Smellde Gluve
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/3/13 10:41 AM
Bootsy Collins
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty sure Dana can't ban Randy from cornering.
As I remember Dana had a similar spat with Miletich and said words to the same effect but Miletich continued to corner
2/3/13 10:44 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There goes 80% of Goldie's insights. He loveddddddddddddddddddd to name drop Randy.

2/3/13 10:47 AM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Last two promotions Randy hooked up with...

HDNetfights & Affliction, lol

2/3/13 10:47 AM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Last two promotions Randy hooked up with...

HDNetfights & Affliction, lol

2/3/13 10:49 AM
miller8966

Attila - 
CindyO - 
Chris27 - 
MMOZ - 

Why is Dana acting so butthurt about this? Randy did a lot for the UFC and sure Dana looked after him pretty well but he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Let it go Dana, be the bigger man.

Well he said they were good and then the Affliction/court shit happened, alot of things were said, Randy came back and it took a while but they sort of built up the relationship again I guess.

Then he gets the Fox job and then leaves to joint hte competition.

Its like fuck me once ok but fuck me twice, fuck you.

Honestly I'd be the same way, I just wouldnt keep talking about it, say what you got to say about Randy and then move on.

DW asked Randy about a deal with Bellator 4-5 weeks ago when the rumor began and Randy lied to him and said there was no way he'd ever do a deal with them. DW and Randy were in a really decent place so for Randy to handle things in this manner kinda sucks. But is anyone really that surprised? Pfft.

Cindy

Anyone else feel like they're back in high school?

Agreed.
2/3/13 10:55 AM
Choochy
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian J DSouza -

Your 100% right but at the same time Zuffa doesn't have to let him into their events for whatever reason they want. Phone Post
2/3/13 11:09 AM
Bentleysuper8

Isn't living well the best revenge? Why can't Dana just enjoy his success and let people do their thing?
2/3/13 11:17 AM
TexasBadAss
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either way not a smart move by Randy. Dana has a history of crushing the competition as Randy should be well aware of by now. He'd be much better off in Zuffas long term plans than Bellators short term plans.
2/3/13 11:54 AM
Yer_Momma
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
Chris27 - 
MMOZ - 

Well he said they were good and then the Affliction/court shit happened, alot of things were said, Randy came back and it took a while but they sort of built up the relationship again I guess.

Then he gets the Fox job and then leaves to joint hte competition.

Its like fuck me once ok but fuck me twice, fuck you.

Honestly I'd be the same way, I just wouldnt keep talking about it, say what you got to say about Randy and then move on.

DW asked Randy about a deal with Bellator 4-5 weeks ago when the rumor began and Randy lied to him and said no. DW and Randy were in a really decent place so for Randy to handle things in this manner kinda sucks. But is anyone really that surprised? Pfft.

Cindy

I'm sure Dana knows all about confidentiallity clauses. That said, what he takes personally is his own business. Maybe he'll simmer down about it somewhere down the line.

2/3/13 12:06 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I predict a murderers row of opponents coming up for Ryan. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:11 PM
KKM
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maybe Dana should man up and settle it in the cage. Funny how he runs his mouth and says Randy isnt a man except in the cage. Dana sure talks trash for a pussy who doesnt fight. He has money but should shut his mouth. Randy and Tito carried his promotion for years and because they didnt agree with him Dana is a baby about it. Its fucking business. Move on.
2/3/13 12:19 PM
Ep32nv
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should just box each other. Then they can hug it out and it's all good. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:21 PM
Wisco Thai
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ouch

2/3/13 12:31 PM
MMAtador

Good, fuck it Dana don't let these guys shit on you. Throw his dam son out if he acts up hahaha. Little harsh but I'm big on loyalty. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:11 PM
Brian J DSouza

Edited: 02/03/13 1:11 PM
CindyO -

No one has a right to know the specifics of a deal, especially one in progress.

LOLOL! Then WTF is the point of most of your threads and posts on this board?

Cindy

Every case is different, has its own dynamics and context. Something you would have figured out by now had you read the vast number of times that I defended UFC/Dana/Zuffa's actions or policy.

The promotions might want to conceal the value of their various revenue streams, but in turn, the fighter needs as much information as possible before heading to the negotiating table.

If someone is negotiating a financial deal with an employer, or multiple employers, they are under no duty to inform a competing employer. Randy only "lied" because he was asked information that Dana had no right to ask him, period.

The fighters have the right to know the value of PPV, TV deals, live gate, concessions, merchandise and other revenue streams because those are all possible because of their fights. How can you negotiate for a purse without knowing how much value you bring to the organization?

As for the UFC, they have worked hard to be the dominant player to avoid having to pay competitive wages (something that Bellator has already affected). It's not hard to imagine Randy concealing his contract with Bellator out of fear that he would catch heat for working for a competing promotion.

Zuffa might have the right to ban Randy from their events, but it's a low class move for someone who bled and sweat for the promotion to make millions off of his back.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.