UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Randy isn't welcome at UFC events!

2/3/13 1:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 
D241 - 

Can Dana ban Randy from cornering a fighter? Under what grounds?

zuffa can ban anyone from the arena.

You attempted 1 out of 2 of my questions. The 2nd one that went unanswered is really the important one.

MMALOGIC - 

if i was randy i would have been honest with dana and said look, spike is offering me this deal...  zuffa would have  have given him the same or better deal and you have the luxury of knowing they will be around for a long time.

if bellator shuts it's doors in a few years - like every other promotion that tried competing with the UFC has - and zuffa has closed it's doors to you... what then?

How do you know that Randy didn't ask for a certain figure with UFC, but UFC didn't want to pay,and they compromised.....then Randy gets the offer he WANTED from Bellator, and Randy knew that he just negotiated a deal with UFC which was the max UFC was willing to pay out, so he went with the higher paying job?  My guess is you, nor I, know that answer, so it's pure assumptions.

If Bellator shuts down in a few years, there will always be a #2 organization. What's stopping Randy from going to the next #2?
2/3/13 1:27 PM
Philanderer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

During his lawsuit with Zuffa, Randy was still cornering Extreme Couture guys at the UFC. I think it was Karo who said the situation was awkward for the fighters, as they'd prefer to just focus on the fights and not any resentment management had towards Randy. I know Rogan and Goldberg didn't mention him when he was on camera.
2/3/13 1:28 PM
Wasa-B
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Attila - Dana is such an immature baby. Pathetic.

2/3/13 2:08 PM
DonFrye_Fan

Good! Fuck him! Phone Post
2/3/13 2:11 PM
DonFrye_Fan

Attila -
CindyO - 
Chris27 - 
MMOZ - 

Why is Dana acting so butthurt about this? Randy did a lot for the UFC and sure Dana looked after him pretty well but he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Let it go Dana, be the bigger man.

Well he said they were good and then the Affliction/court shit happened, alot of things were said, Randy came back and it took a while but they sort of built up the relationship again I guess.

Then he gets the Fox job and then leaves to joint hte competition.

Its like fuck me once ok but fuck me twice, fuck you.

Honestly I'd be the same way, I just wouldnt keep talking about it, say what you got to say about Randy and then move on.

DW asked Randy about a deal with Bellator 4-5 weeks ago when the rumor began and Randy lied to him and said there was no way he'd ever do a deal with them. DW and Randy were in a really decent place so for Randy to handle things in this manner kinda sucks. But is anyone really that surprised? Pfft.

Cindy

Anyone else feel like they're back in high school?
With the way you are talking, I assumed you were in high school? Phone Post
2/3/13 2:27 PM
"onepunch"
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bootsy Collins - Pretty sure Dana can't ban Randy from cornering.
As I remember Dana had a similar spat with Miletich and said words to the same effect but Miletich continued to corner

iirc Nick Diaz wasn't allowed to corner Nate at one time.

I remember Nate commented about it in his post fight.
2/3/13 2:27 PM
MMALOGIC

D241 - 
MMALOGIC - 
D241 - 

You attempted 1 out of 2 of my questions. The 2nd one that went unanswered is really the important one.

MMALOGIC - 

if i was randy i would have been honest with dana and said look, spike is offering me this deal...  zuffa would have  have given him the same or better deal and you have the luxury of knowing they will be around for a long time.

if bellator shuts it's doors in a few years - like every other promotion that tried competing with the UFC has - and zuffa has closed it's doors to you... what then?

How do you know that Randy didn't ask for a certain figure with UFC, but UFC didn't want to pay,and they compromised.....then Randy gets the offer he WANTED from Bellator, and Randy knew that he just negotiated a deal with UFC which was the max UFC was willing to pay out, so he went with the higher paying job?  My guess is you, nor I, know that answer, so it's pure assumptions.

If Bellator shuts down in a few years, there will always be a #2 organization. What's stopping Randy from going to the next #2?

zuffa rents out the arenas... that's what gives them the grounds. you rent out a hall for a wedding or whatever event you can invite or ban whoever you want.

Ask Frank SHamrock how jumping from one #2 to the next has worked out for him...

2/3/13 2:59 PM
twizzle97
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most people only get the chance to burn a bridge once. Phone Post
2/3/13 3:05 PM
DonFrye_Fan

Brian J DSouza -
CindyO -

No one has a right to know the specifics of a deal, especially one in progress.

LOLOL! Then WTF is the point of most of your threads and posts on this board?

Cindy

Every case is different, has its own dynamics and context. Something you would have figured out by now had you read the vast number of times that I defended UFC/Dana/Zuffa's actions or policy.

The promotions might want to conceal the value of their various revenue streams, but in turn, the fighter needs as much information as possible before heading to the negotiating table.

If someone is negotiating a financial deal with an employer, or multiple employers, they are under no duty to inform a competing employer. Randy only "lied" because he was asked information that Dana had no right to ask him, period.

The fighters have the right to know the value of PPV, TV deals, live gate, concessions, merchandise and other revenue streams because those are all possible because of their fights. How can you negotiate for a purse without knowing how much value you bring to the organization?

As for the UFC, they have worked hard to be the dominant player to avoid having to pay competitive wages (something that Bellator has already affected). It's not hard to imagine Randy concealing his contract with Bellator out of fear that he would catch heat for working for a competing promotion.

Zuffa might have the right to ban Randy from their events, but it's a low class move for someone who bled and sweat for the promotion to make millions off of his back.

And Randy has made many low class moves, so now he gets to lay in bed that HE made! Phone Post
2/3/13 4:22 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KKM - maybe Dana should man up and settle it in the cage. Funny how he runs his mouth and says Randy isnt a man except in the cage. Dana sure talks trash for a pussy who doesnt fight. He has money but should shut his mouth. Randy and Tito carried his promotion for years and because they didnt agree with him Dana is a baby about it. Its fucking business. Move on.

Hi KKM!
2/3/13 4:41 PM
ShawnTheBadger
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's a lot more of the details.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/02/dana-white-outlines-randy-couture-issue-says-ryan-couture-will-fight-for-ufc

Dana was straight-up with Ryan about the situation. Laid it out for him.

I do not think Dana will purposefully fuck Ryan. Won't hold his old man against him.

However, Randy Couture will not be allowed to corner Ryan. No way, no how.
2/3/13 4:49 PM
effinggoof
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Once again, Dana White shows what a petty and vindictive prick he is.
2/3/13 4:53 PM
12SixElbow
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"onepunch" - 
Bootsy Collins - Pretty sure Dana can't ban Randy from cornering.
As I remember Dana had a similar spat with Miletich and said words to the same effect but Miletich continued to corner

iirc Nick Diaz wasn't allowed to corner Nate at one time.

I remember Nate commented about it in his post fight.

Nick was suspended, so he was not eligable for a cornermans license.

2/3/13 4:56 PM
12SixElbow
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to disagree with Dana.....

"We're not unreasonable people," White said. "I know I have this image like I'm some absolute lunatic that flies off the handle and just starts ruining lives for no reason whatsoever. It's f---ing ridiculous. If Randy Couture was a man, walked into our office and said, 'Here's the deal: I've got one more fight with you guys for the FOX thing. I'd like to do it. I have another offer on the table, and it's with f---ing Bellator. I need to make a living, too. Am I with you guys? Am I not with you guys? Do you want to match my deal? Do you want to beat my deal?'

"Or how about this: 'F--- you guys. I can't stand you, and I'm leaving. I thought I'd be a man about it and tell you to your face.' That's not Randy Couture.

2/3/13 5:03 PM
shinbang

Bit harsh on Dana's part, Randy will have to go up the pub to watch it now
2/3/13 6:36 PM
Brian J DSouza

Othello - Only move Zuffa had. All the people defending Couture, if you were running a business, would you really want one of your competitors to have the chance to advertise his product on your time?? Especially one that appears to be as dishonest as Randy Couture has shown himself. Just doesn't make sense.

If I was running a business that had the absolute biggest and best fighters in the world locked down into contracts, and was acquiring the other stars of other orgs (Alvarez, Melendez, etc), I wouldn't worry about someone who had long since retired and wasn't contractually bound to my business.

I would also pick up the phone or chat in-person rather than relaying my dissatisfaction through the media, giving my competitor's free publicity/press or using a mouthpiece/sock puppet on the UG.

2/3/13 7:13 PM
nostripewhite

Brian J DSouza - 
Othello - Only move Zuffa had. All the people defending Couture, if you were running a business, would you really want one of your competitors to have the chance to advertise his product on your time?? Especially one that appears to be as dishonest as Randy Couture has shown himself. Just doesn't make sense.

If I was running a business that had the absolute biggest and best fighters in the world locked down into contracts, and was acquiring the other stars of other orgs (Alvarez, Melendez, etc), I wouldn't worry about someone who had long since retired and wasn't contractually bound to my business.

I would also pick up the phone or chat in-person rather than relaying my dissatisfaction through the media, giving my competitor's free publicity/press or using a mouthpiece/sock puppet on the UG.

I believe Dana is so upset because Randy lied to him as a man, and he can't talk to him about it privately because Randy won't take his calls.
2/3/13 7:28 PM
luctaro
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian J DSouza - 

If Randy's FOX deal (a UFC partner) was still in place, then he is basically still working for Dana White at that point.

Watch the interview, Dana says he heard about it when Randy sent his lawyer to cancel his appearance in the last FOX show of his contract, then Dana called his lawyer (went all 'Dana' on him), and Randy himself.

In the same scrum he tells the reporter he is on some pills because the ear problem remains despite the operation, and that the pills are making the 'Dana rages' more frequent, and that is great for the media but bad for him.
2/3/13 7:48 PM
UGCTT_Shope
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Attila -
CindyO - 
Chris27 - 
MMOZ - 

Why is Dana acting so butthurt about this? Randy did a lot for the UFC and sure Dana looked after him pretty well but he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Let it go Dana, be the bigger man.

Well he said they were good and then the Affliction/court shit happened, alot of things were said, Randy came back and it took a while but they sort of built up the relationship again I guess.

Honestly I'd be the same way, I just wouldnt keep talking about it, say what you got to say about Randy and then move on.

DW asked Randy about a deal with Bellator 4-5 weeks ago when the rumor began and Randy lied to him and said there was no way he'd ever do a deal with them. DW and Randy were in a really decent place so for Randy to handle things in this manner kinda sucks. But is anyone really that surprised? Pfft.

Cindy

No offense to Cindy, but I feel like you agree with Dana no matter what, it's annoying.

Love Dana, but he's acting way too butthurt here, imo. Phone Post
2/3/13 9:16 PM
Lynchman
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian J DSouza - 

Randy had a deal for the Fox cards. He had more event on the deal and his lawyer sent a letter informing Fox and the UFC that Randy would not be fulfilling his agreement.

It is also worth pointing out that the last time Randy left the UFC, he did it via fax.

2/3/13 9:37 PM
CindyO

UGCTT_Shope - 
Attila -
CindyO - 
Chris27 - 
MMOZ - 

Cindy

No offense to Cindy, but I feel like you agree with Dana no matter what, it's annoying.

Where Randy is concerned we rarely agree:)

He should have never let Randy come back when Captain America screwed Zuffa over before, but he did.

He shouldn't have been on the Fox desk to begin with because he didn't deserve it but they bugged the shit out of DW until he relented. He wishes he hadn't trusted this guy again, but he did.

Randy has screwed these guys in ways they haven't even mentioned over the years so for them to NOT be in business with him is best. I don't know how this guy has managed to get repeated opportunities with Zuffa that he never earned or deserved when there are/were many others that could have used a break or two. DW has always had a soft spot for Randy but I bet he learned his lesson this time.

And as far as other shit DW has done that I don't agree with, I think he was wrong in the way he handled the Rampage "juiced and on the loose" truck situation- he was more than supportive of Jackson in the media and less than respectful towards the woman he hit. He should have kept about half of his words in his mouth but he didn't.

Another thing would be I think he should have given Tim Sylvia another shot. He talks about 2nd chances and when Tim asked for one, and even got fans on his side, DW shut him down. Tim hadn't even been disrespectful to DW or about Zuffa/UFC after he left and was honest in that the move was for the money. I understand that much of what Tim do while he was away wasn't positive and his career took quite a hit based on decisions Tim made... but he needed a second chance and was shot down. Not that DW was right or wrong, just saying that Tim asked for a 2nd chance and I think he should have gotten it:)

And I have never agreed with DW that Fedor wasn't the best in the world because by all accounts he absolutely was and I have said this on the board many times:)

DW has done some dumb shit and trusting Randy is one of them. And like he said, talk to people who have been in business with Randy... in any way, shape or form, and you'll find out how scummy of a human being the guy is.

Cindy

2/3/13 9:39 PM
fasthandssam
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 
D241 - 
MMALOGIC - 
D241 - 

MMALOGIC - 

zuffa rents out the arenas... that's what gives them the grounds. you rent out a hall for a wedding or whatever event you can invite or ban whoever you want.

Ask Frank SHamrock how jumping from one #2 to the next has worked out for him...

Frank Shamrock are you kidding me! He won't even leave the house unless there's a friggin LIMO!
2/3/13 9:40 PM
mastertahj
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, this is weird and I really hate fighter bashing, so I am not trying to do that and I hope won't come off that way...

BUT... I live in LA and I went into Legends, a gym that Randy was involved with not sure if he still is or if its even still around, a few years ago with a friend to see about training there a bit.

This was their first space I guess, it was small but easy to tell it was serious. Brandon Vera, Karo Parysian and few other legit guys were there as we toured it.

At some point Randy came in. Both me and my friend were so excited but it was clear from his energy that he did not want to be approached with some fanboy shit, which I totally understand and respect.

The thing is we overheard him talking to some other people, including what I think was one of his partners, in the most uncool, shitty way. It was very very disappointing.

It's hard to explain properly here but it was one of those things that made it seem pretty clear what kind of guy he really is. Both if us were completely blown away.

So when Dana said what he said it was strangely unsurprising. My friend and I texted each other like "Yeah, no shit!"

Still love Randy in the cage, not trying to bash, sorry for the FRAT but I felt like I should share with the only other people on earth who might find this experience marginally interesting... Phone Post
2/3/13 9:43 PM
soremano

yeah because giving randy undeserved shots at ufc title had nothing to do with zuffa's financial interest, dana did it just out of the goodness of his heart

lol

2/3/13 9:47 PM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -
UGCTT_Shope - 
Attila -
CindyO - 
Chris27 - 
MMOZ - 

Cindy

Where Randy is concerned we rarely agree:)

He should have never let Randy come back when Captain America screwed Zuffa over before, but he did.

He shouldn't have been on the Fox desk to begin with because he didn't deserve it but they bugged the shit out of DW until he relented. He wishes he hadn't trusted this guy again, but he did.

Randy has screwed these guys in ways they haven't even mentioned over the years so for them to NOT be in business with him is best. I don't know how this guy has managed to get repeated opportunities with Zuffa that he never earned or deserved when there are/were many others that could have used a break or two. DW has always had a soft spot for Randy but I bet he learned his lesson this time.

And as far as other shit DW has done that I don't agree with, I think he was wrong in the way he handled the Rampage "juiced and on the loose" truck situation- he was more than supportive of Jackson in the media and less than respectful towards the woman he hit. He should have kept about half of his words in his mouth but he didn't.

Another thing would be I think he should have given Tim Sylvia another shot. He talks about 2nd chances and when Tim asked for one, and even got fans on his side, DW shut him down. Tim hadn't even been disrespectful to DW or about Zuffa/UFC after he left and was honest in that the move was for the money. I understand that much of what Tim do while he was away wasn't positive and his career took quite a hit based on decisions Tim made... but he needed a second chance and was shot down. Not that DW was right or wrong, just saying that Tim asked for a 2nd chance and I think he should have gotten it:)

And I have never agreed with DW that Fedor wasn't the best in the world because by all accounts he absolutely was and I have said this on the board many times:)

DW has done some dumb shit and trusting Randy is one of them. And like he said, talk to people who have been in business with Randy... in any way, shape or form, and you'll find out how scummy of a human being the guy is.

Cindy

Boom Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.