UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Randy isn't welcome at UFC events!

2/3/13 10:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
andre
464 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anyone gotten to know Randy and not been disappointed? Phone Post
2/3/13 10:03 PM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nostripewhite - 
Brian J DSouza - 
Othello - Only move Zuffa had. All the people defending Couture, if you were running a business, would you really want one of your competitors to have the chance to advertise his product on your time?? Especially one that appears to be as dishonest as Randy Couture has shown himself. Just doesn't make sense.

If I was running a business that had the absolute biggest and best fighters in the world locked down into contracts, and was acquiring the other stars of other orgs (Alvarez, Melendez, etc), I wouldn't worry about someone who had long since retired and wasn't contractually bound to my business.

I would also pick up the phone or chat in-person rather than relaying my dissatisfaction through the media, giving my competitor's free publicity/press or using a mouthpiece/sock puppet on the UG.

I believe Dana is so upset because Randy lied to him as a man, and he can't talk to him about it privately because Randy won't take his calls.

That is the only thing DW is pissed about. He doesn't care that Randy is gone or that he went to Bellator/Spike. He's pissed because he was done with this guy until they started bugging for a non-fighting job so DW got him on the Fox desk. He had 4 shows on his contract and simply bailed on the 4th one, which was very weird considering how much effort they went thru to get back with Team Zuffa, which could have led to more opportunities for Randy (like it ALWAYS has). But Randy wasn't interested in building anything with Zuffa like they thought he was and he bailed at the first opportunity w/o being honest when confronted with the Bellator rumor. In fact, he lied. Par for the course, IMO.

Any man who can't even handle how to leave a job appropriately and relies on texts and faxes to get it done is simply pathetic. LOL@ asking a favor (in this case, a job) from someone you want to act like is your buddy only to turn around and bail on the job and the company you talked your way back into... for their competitor. And then to lie about it and STILL not pick up the phone! What a joke! The way Randy handled it is why DW is pissed, NOT because he left. Hopefully, DW is done with him now and will know NOT to buy a dayum thing this guy is selling in the future if things go bad with Bellator and he tries to get back in the good graces of Zuffa... again.

Cindy

2/3/13 10:17 PM
PeteyWheatstraw
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"That is the only thing DW is pissed about. He doesn't care that Randy is gone or that he went to Bellator/Spike. He's pissed because he was done with this guy until they started bugging for a non-fighting job so DW got him on the Fox desk. He had 4 shows on his contract and simply bailed on the 4th one, which was very weird considering how much effort they went thru to get back with Team Zuffa, which could have led to more opportunities for Randy (like it ALWAYS has). But Randy wasn't interested in building anything with Zuffa like they thought he was and he bailed at the first opportunity w/o being honest when confronted with the Bellator rumor. In fact, he lied. Par for the course, IMO.

Any man who can't even handle how to leave a job appropriately and relies on texts and faxes to get it done is simply pathetic. LOL@ asking a favor (in this case, a job) from someone you want to act like is your buddy only to turn around and bail on the job and the company you talked your way back into... for their competitor. And then to lie about it and STILL not pick up the phone! What a joke! The way Randy handled it is why DW is pissed, NOT because he left. Hopefully, DW is done with him now and will know NOT to buy a dayum thing this guy is selling in the future if things go bad with Bellator and he tries to get back in the good graces of Zuffa... again."

The way you are spitting negative shit about a fighter on a message board is more pathetic. I don't know Randy, but I respect his accomplishments and he's a grown man and can do whatever he wants. Even if I did think bad about the business actions of a fighter, I wouldn't be on here bleating about it and insulting him like some goddamn nerd.
2/3/13 10:28 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PeteyWheatstraw - "That is the only thing DW is pissed about. He doesn't care that Randy is gone or that he went to Bellator/Spike. He's pissed because he was done with this guy until they started bugging for a non-fighting job so DW got him on the Fox desk. He had 4 shows on his contract and simply bailed on the 4th one, which was very weird considering how much effort they went thru to get back with Team Zuffa, which could have led to more opportunities for Randy (like it ALWAYS has). But Randy wasn't interested in building anything with Zuffa like they thought he was and he bailed at the first opportunity w/o being honest when confronted with the Bellator rumor. In fact, he lied. Par for the course, IMO.

Any man who can't even handle how to leave a job appropriately and relies on texts and faxes to get it done is simply pathetic. LOL@ asking a favor (in this case, a job) from someone you want to act like is your buddy only to turn around and bail on the job and the company you talked your way back into... for their competitor. And then to lie about it and STILL not pick up the phone! What a joke! The way Randy handled it is why DW is pissed, NOT because he left. Hopefully, DW is done with him now and will know NOT to buy a dayum thing this guy is selling in the future if things go bad with Bellator and he tries to get back in the good graces of Zuffa... again."

The way you are spitting negative shit about a fighter on a message board is more pathetic. I don't know Randy, but I respect his accomplishments and he's a grown man and can do whatever he wants. Even if I did think bad about the business actions of a fighter, I wouldn't be on here bleating about it and insulting him like some goddamn nerd.

Please shut the fuck up. CO knows what she's talking about, and is a font of inside information when it comes to DFW. If she's saying it here, its because she knows it to be true. It aint bashing if its true.

2/3/13 10:40 PM
PeteyWheatstraw
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Please shut the fuck up. CO knows what she's talking about, and is a font of inside information when it comes to DFW. If she's saying it here, its because she knows it to be true. It aint bashing if its true."

You're right, it's not bashing. You gotta have force to bash something. Dibbling out gossipy, insulting comments about fighters on the internet between slurps of chocolate milk has no force or energy behind it. Just trifling, weak emotions. Men handle business how they want. You don't like it, go tell Randy himself how upset you are about it and how you think he's pathetic. I'm sure he gives a shit.
2/3/13 10:50 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PeteyWheatstraw - "Please shut the fuck up. CO knows what she's talking about, and is a font of inside information when it comes to DFW. If she's saying it here, its because she knows it to be true. It aint bashing if its true."

You're right, it's not bashing. You gotta have force to bash something. Dibbling out gossipy, insulting comments about fighters on the internet between slurps of chocolate milk has no force or energy behind it. Just trifling, weak emotions. Men handle business how they want. You don't like it, go tell Randy himself how upset you are about it and how you think he's pathetic. I'm sure he gives a shit.

Randy, is that you?!?

2/3/13 10:57 PM
armbarheelhook
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The point is both randy and dana have used each other to further their brand and make millions for themselves. And with more money= more problems.

Just take a look back at when UFC was on death's door bleeding money and dana didnt want TUF, but Lorenzo pushed it. Who did dana go to in hopes of legitamacy and to help increase viewership? He went to Randy and Chuck of course to coach the first ever season of TUF.

Skip ahead to when Randy wanted Fedor and there was basically nobody really left for him to fight. Sure dana wanted to work out a deal with Fedor, but he didnt want to co-promote the event and also open thr door to some other Red Devil fighters. Dana only wanted Fedor. What would have happened if the fight did take place and Randy lost?

Dana would've had to give up some of the power since Fedor destroyed their #1 guy.

When the HW division was lacking depth with Gonzaga newly crowned, who came out to fight? Randy came out and won the title back.

To further give Brock a legitimate win under his belt they put Randy in there. imo Randy shouldnt have been in that fight to begin with btw.

When Randy beat Tito to win the LHW title iirc Joe Rogan exclaimed " That guy is my hero!".

Both men have used each other to get where they are in life and maybe certain dirty laundry should be kept under wraps between them. Neither of them would i consider to be saints. Phone Post
2/3/13 11:14 PM
xakx

He should be able to corner his fighters if he wants to.
2/3/13 11:15 PM
gabemadrid
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -
UGCTT_Shope - 
Attila -
CindyO - 
Chris27 - 
MMOZ - 

Why is Dana acting so butthurt about this? Randy did a lot for the UFC and sure Dana looked after him pretty well but he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Let it go Dana, be the bigger man.

Well he said they were good and then the Affliction/court shit happened, alot of things were said, Randy came back and it took a while but they sort of built up the relationship again I guess.

Then he gets the Fox job and then leaves to joint hte competition.

Its like fuck me once ok but fuck me twice, fuck you.

Honestly I'd be the same way, I just wouldnt keep talking about it, say what you got to say about Randy and then move on.

DW asked Randy about a deal with Bellator 4-5 weeks ago when the rumor began and Randy lied to him and said there was no way he'd ever do a deal with them. DW and Randy were in a really decent place so for Randy to handle things in this manner kinda sucks. But is anyone really that surprised? Pfft.

Cindy

Anyone else feel like they're back in high school?
No offense to Cindy, but I feel like you agree with Dana no matter what, it's annoying.

Love Dana, but he's acting way too butthurt here, imo. Phone Post

Where Randy is concerned we rarely agree:)

He should have never let Randy come back when Captain America screwed Zuffa over before, but he did.

He shouldn't have been on the Fox desk to begin with because he didn't deserve it but they bugged the shit out of DW until he relented. He wishes he hadn't trusted this guy again, but he did.

Randy has screwed these guys in ways they haven't even mentioned over the years so for them to NOT be in business with him is best. I don't know how this guy has managed to get repeated opportunities with Zuffa that he never earned or deserved when there are/were many others that could have used a break or two. DW has always had a soft spot for Randy but I bet he learned his lesson this time.

And as far as other shit DW has done that I don't agree with, I think he was wrong in the way he handled the Rampage "juiced and on the loose" truck situation- he was more than supportive of Jackson in the media and less than respectful towards the woman he hit. He should have kept about half of his words in his mouth but he didn't.

Another thing would be I think he should have given Tim Sylvia another shot. He talks about 2nd chances and when Tim asked for one, and even got fans on his side, DW shut him down. Tim hadn't even been disrespectful to DW or about Zuffa/UFC after he left and was honest in that the move was for the money. I understand that much of what Tim do while he was away wasn't positive and his career took quite a hit based on decisions Tim made... but he needed a second chance and was shot down. Not that DW was right or wrong, just saying that Tim asked for a 2nd chance and I think he should have gotten it:)

And I have never agreed with DW that Fedor wasn't the best in the world because by all accounts he absolutely was and I have said this on the board many times:)

DW has done some dumb shit and trusting Randy is one of them. And like he said, talk to people who have been in business with Randy... in any way, shape or form, and you'll find out how scummy of a human being the guy is.

Cindy

I <3 you Phone Post
2/3/13 11:17 PM
gabemadrid
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gabemadrid -
CindyO -
UGCTT_Shope - 
Attila -
CindyO - 
Chris27 - 
MMOZ - 

Why is Dana acting so butthurt about this? Randy did a lot for the UFC and sure Dana looked after him pretty well but he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Let it go Dana, be the bigger man.

Well he said they were good and then the Affliction/court shit happened, alot of things were said, Randy came back and it took a while but they sort of built up the relationship again I guess.

Honestly I'd be the same way, I just wouldnt keep talking about it, say what you got to say about Randy and then move on.

DW asked Randy about a deal with Bellator 4-5 weeks ago when the rumor began and Randy lied to him and said there was no way he'd ever do a deal with them. DW and Randy were in a really decent place so for Randy to handle things in this manner kinda sucks. But is anyone really that surprised? Pfft.

Cindy

No offense to Cindy, but I feel like you agree with Dana no matter what, it's annoying.

He should have never let Randy come back when Captain America screwed Zuffa over before, but he did.

He shouldn't have been on the Fox desk to begin with because he didn't deserve it but they bugged the shit out of DW until he relented. He wishes he hadn't trusted this guy again, but he did.

Randy has screwed these guys in ways they haven't even mentioned over the years so for them to NOT be in business with him is best. I don't know how this guy has managed to get repeated opportunities with Zuffa that he never earned or deserved when there are/were many others that could have used a break or two. DW has always had a soft spot for Randy but I bet he learned his lesson this time.

And as far as other shit DW has done that I don't agree with, I think he was wrong in the way he handled the Rampage "juiced and on the loose" truck situation- he was more than supportive of Jackson in the media and less than respectful towards the woman he hit. He should have kept about half of his words in his mouth but he didn't.

Another thing would be I think he should have given Tim Sylvia another shot. He talks about 2nd chances and when Tim asked for one, and even got fans on his side, DW shut him down. Tim hadn't even been disrespectful to DW or about Zuffa/UFC after he left and was honest in that the move was for the money. I understand that much of what Tim do while he was away wasn't positive and his career took quite a hit based on decisions Tim made... but he needed a second chance and was shot down. Not that DW was right or wrong, just saying that Tim asked for a 2nd chance and I think he should have gotten it:)

And I have never agreed with DW that Fedor wasn't the best in the world because by all accounts he absolutely was and I have said this on the board many times:)

DW has done some dumb shit and trusting Randy is one of them. And like he said, talk to people who have been in business with Randy... in any way, shape or form, and you'll find out how scummy of a human being the guy is.

Cindy

I <3 you Phone Post
I <3 you Phone Post
2/3/13 11:19 PM
gabemadrid

gabemadrid -
gabemadrid -
CindyO -
UGCTT_Shope - 
Attila -
CindyO - 
Chris27 - 
MMOZ - 

Cindy

Cindy

I <3 you Phone Post
I <3 you Phone Post
I heart you!
Awesome post and what's up with not being able to make hearts out of less than and 3's! Blah! Phone Post
2/3/13 11:31 PM
xakx

Many fighters got screwed by the UFC so forgive me if I take Randy's side on this one.
2/3/13 11:52 PM
Unseen
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
UGCTT_Shope - 
Attila -
CindyO - 
Chris27 - 
MMOZ - 

Cindy

Cindy

*starts slow clap*

2/4/13 12:45 AM
JediJitsu
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, I have much more respect for Cindy after that one. Phone Post
2/4/13 6:35 AM
CindyO

urbandenim - 
CindyO -
Chris27 - 
MMOZ - 

DW asked Randy about a deal with Bellator 4-5 weeks ago when the rumor began and Randy lied to him and said no. DW and Randy were in a really decent place so for Randy to handle things in this manner kinda sucks. But is anyone really that surprised? Pfft.

Cindy

You are so annoying. The defender of dickheads... knew you'd show up to defend that piece of shit.

Big Tool Phone Post

I'm not defending Randy:)

Cindy

2/4/13 8:41 AM
stonepony

MMOZ - 

Business is competitive. Obviously Randy can do what he wants. But, that's a two-way street. Going to work for and support the only competition, obviously creates an adversarial relationship.
2/4/13 8:50 AM
simonpe

D241 -

Can Dana ban Randy from cornering a fighter? Under what grounds?

Thats fucking illegal! Phone Post
2/4/13 9:18 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus christ,

What a BS move from Dana. I love Dana but he lets his personal feelings get in the way of business. I understand him being upset with the decision Couture took. I can understand that he feels the dude been a dick. But how can you ban a champion who is in you hall of fame,who been an integral part of the history of your organisation and who you made a fan favorite yourself.

Lorenzo needs to step up and stop this sillyness. Dana hardly needs to acknowledge Couture when he coaches his son. But banning him is unprofessional,vindictive and frankly remarkable amateuristic. Dana clearly has a problem with separating personal feelings from the professional side of things. I really thought that was a thing of the past with him but unfortunately it is not so.

2/4/13 9:38 AM
luctaro
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightharder - 

Jesus christ,

What a BS move from Dana. I love Dana but he lets his personal feelings get in the way of business. I understand him being upset with the decision Couture took. I can understand that he feels the dude been a dick. But how can you ban a champion who is in you hall of fame,who been an integral part of the history of your organisation and who you made a fan favorite yourself.

Lorenzo needs to step up and stop this sillyness. Dana hardly needs to acknowledge Couture when he coaches his son. But banning him is unprofessional,vindictive and frankly remarkable amateuristic. Dana clearly has a problem with separating personal feelings from the professional side of things. I really thought that was a thing of the past with him but unfortunately it is not so.

It's not like this is the first time such thing has ever happened.
2/4/13 10:06 AM
stonepony

simonpe - 
D241 -

Can Dana ban Randy from cornering a fighter? Under what grounds?

Thats fucking illegal! Phone Post

Illegal?... You're confused.
2/4/13 11:05 AM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who's gonna be Joe's hero now???
2/4/13 12:23 PM
Uchi
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The automatic assumption about Dana's barring Randy from cornering fighters in the UFC is that it is a petty vendetta. While there are obvious personal feelings involved, I doubt that is the sole reason.

Bellator wanted Randy because of his name recognition and brand. He is a UFC HOFer, former champion, and actor. By allowing and likely showing Randy at a UFC event, they give him greater visibility and perhaps foster the impression he is still involved with the UFC. Why provide that to someone who is now a commodity of a rival promotion? Why give one iota of your brand power to someone looking to compete with you?

For those of you bleating on about keeping things professional, 'this is just business', etc. It seems to me that limiting Randy's exposure at your own events is sound business practice, given the circumstances.

And this is all notwithstanding the speculated lack of integrity that Randy has shown and stunts he has pulled in the past.

-u-
2/4/13 12:25 PM
PrettyBoy
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anything relating to the Bellator reality show is prob confidential. He can't just go around talking about these things with the President of the UFC because he thinks he has the right to know everything. Phone Post
2/4/13 5:05 PM
SlipSlap

always some drama
2/4/13 5:05 PM
SlipSlap

always some drama

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.