UnderGround Forums >> This was the real Overeem

2/3/13 1:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheDecider
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Underscore____________________ - 
Sal Penis - Brett Rogers was top 5 after he beat Arlovski. Phone Post
LMAO Phone Post

Laugh all you want but I remember Rogers giving Fedor a pretty tough fight as well.
2/3/13 1:32 PM
macblack
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis - Brett Rogers was top 5 after he beat Arlovski. Phone Post
Yeah If was 2005 Phone Post
2/3/13 1:48 PM
RPBJJ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Suddenly the UG turns on Allister after MONTHS bashing Bigfoot.

MMA fans are the worst!!! Phone Post
2/3/13 1:49 PM
Lux Fixxins

tryton8 - This was the real Overeem. The glass jawed, without his steroid Overeem.

Second tier Light Heavyweight who wilts under pressure Overeem.

Justice has been served.

Every win you've had since 2006 needs to be removed from your record.

I remember the real Overeem, getting his shit pushed in by every top LHW he faced.
You sound like a mature and rational person Phone Post
2/3/13 1:59 PM
BlueNamer
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

all i know is overeem fucking embarassed himself. walking around in there with his hands down with that god awful smirk on his face. he gave bigfoot, a very dangerous 280 lb fighter, zero respect and got none back in return. got what he deserved. hopefully he takes his next fights more seriously and doesn't act like he's god's gift to fighting, because it turns out there are some other bad motherfuckers out there.
2/3/13 2:04 PM
hermanitor

Bisping decisioned my SN - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -

He showed he's a better fighter than Bigfoot.  He basically just toyed with him for 2 rounds.  What he did was get too cocky and kept his hands down.  Hope he learns from this and takes all opponents seriously.

Good win for Bigfoot.

By getting knocked the fuck out?
Shut up Phone Post

Why are people (like you) so stupid?

Surely you can understand that you can be a better fighter than someone, toy with them for two rounds...and THEN get knocked out by them, right?

This is what happened. It's no one's fault but the reem's. But LOL at you fuckheads not being smart enough to interpret a 3 round fight as anything more than "he got KTFO LOL!"

This fight was the story of a guy getting wayyyyyyy too cocky against a 280 pound monster, and paying the inevitable price.
2/3/13 2:06 PM
DonFrye_Fan

hermanitor -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -

He showed he's a better fighter than Bigfoot.  He basically just toyed with him for 2 rounds.  What he did was get too cocky and kept his hands down.  Hope he learns from this and takes all opponents seriously.

Good win for Bigfoot.

Shut up Phone Post

Surely you can understand that you can be a better fighter than someone, toy with them for two rounds...and THEN get knocked out by them, right?

This is what happened. It's no one's fault but the reem's. But LOL at you fuckheads not being smart enough to interpret a 3 round fight as anything more than "he got KTFO LOL!"

This fight was the story of a guy getting wayyyyyyy too cocky against a 280 pound monster, and paying the inevitable price.
^^ Phone Post
2/3/13 2:09 PM
ranier wolfcastle
951 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

reem has had a bunch of fights where hes winning til the last 5 minutes, then gasses and gets finished

2/3/13 2:12 PM
BooZe

ManWithTheIronFists - Overeem only lifted weights for his training because he didn't want to lose size and have people talking, so he spent that time bulking up.

and you know this how...?
2/3/13 2:20 PM
eXtv
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alistair got overconfident with a 280lb ogre of a man and paid the price. This shit was straight outta the storybooks.

However, I think he takes a rematch as easily as he took the opening 2 rounds.
2/3/13 2:25 PM
Nexuscrawlers
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bigfoots hands are almost as big as Overeems head, he was too Ciou and payed the price. He also looked more frantic in the third, I think those knees he ate at the end of the second really woke him up. Phone Post
2/3/13 2:43 PM
jg7u
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShawnTheBadger - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

Good win for Bigfoot.

Agreed. Arrogance was his downfall and short-coming. Reem had that one in the bag.

Also the commentary about "glass chins" is pretty ridiculous when the first shot was a solid clubbing fist to the side of Reems head, nowhere near his jaw. Then the barrage that NOBODY would be able to take was unleashed by BF. That combo would have dropped a water-buffalo.

I do not think anyone will ever foolishly underestimate BF again.

Actually I feel like Overeems downfall was his gas tank. He was visibly gassed in the beginning of the third round, and I think that played more of a factor than his arrogance.
2/3/13 2:53 PM
Kanabull

hermanitor - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -

Good win for Bigfoot.

Shut up Phone Post

Most of us get it, unfortunately many MMA fans see the world in black and white.

Overeem is athletic, has a great skillset, and for the most part is fearless.

I think the problem last night was that he promised a finish and wanted to deliver. That caused him to become too reckless in the third round.
2/3/13 3:00 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ChokeEmOut -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -

Good win for Bigfoot.

This. Phone Post
Are you guys forgetting the circumstances of all of his other losses in his mma career? Phone Post

Not sure what losses 6-9 years ago have to do with anything.  As stated he got too cocky and arrogant and didn't respect Bigfoots standup.  You can't do that against a 280lb guy.  He was basically smirking at him the whole fight with his hands down.  If he'd have wanted, he could have retreated the whole 3rd round and won the fight 29-28.  Bigfoot capitalized and threw a great combo to finish and hopefully it was a wakeup call for Overeem.

For the guy saying he never beat anyone top 10, his previous 2 wins were Lesnar and Werdum, who were both top 5 at the time.

Because he lost the same way he's lost his whole career and we're saying he just got cocky or lost focus or something. Overeem has always been cocky, and he's always done very well in the beginning, then when the fight goes on for a while and his opponents start to really attack him, he gets finished. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.