UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Was Nog That Good Or Rashad That Bad?

2/3/13 5:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Letibleu
1476 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I missed the fight and only caught the highlights. Was Little Nog that good or was Rashad that bad? Nog was a huge underdog is why I am asking, not cause I think Nog sucks or anything.

2/3/13 5:55 AM
Nilfux
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad was that bad. Terrible. You dint want to watch it. Phone Post
2/3/13 5:55 AM
TenOfSwords
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad needs to get out of that camp - post haste.

2/3/13 6:00 AM
sockeye
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It wasn't the Rashad who knocked out Liddell in IMO.
2/3/13 6:04 AM
burner22
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad was putrid. He won the first rd, then thought he would stand in front of nog bumping fists. Revolting Phone Post
2/3/13 6:04 AM
Overseer got owned by BCE
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - Mostly Rashad was that bad but Nog had good boxing and TDD.

If Bigfoot KTFO of Reem isn't a sign that the Blackzilians need to fold I don't know what is. Have they even won a high profile fight yet??

Camp is cursed. Phone Post
Vitor Belfort beat Michael Bisping.

That's pretty high profile. Phone Post
2/3/13 6:05 AM
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And as far as I'm concerned Vitor has looked as good as ever while training with the Blackzillians. He's the only one that seems to be benefiting from that camp though. Phone Post
2/3/13 6:26 AM

pidgey -
Overseer got owned by BCE -
NotImpressedByYourScreenName - Mostly Rashad was that bad but Nog had good boxing and TDD.

If Bigfoot KTFO of Reem isn't a sign that the Blackzilians need to fold I don't know what is. Have they even won a high profile fight yet??

Vitor just moved there. They havent had effect on him yet. Phone Post
They obviously have. Look how impressive he looked in his 2 fights since he was there. Almost became the LHW champ and then TKOd Bisping out of a title shot. Phone Post
2/3/13 6:29 AM

gamer -
sockeye - It wasn't the Rashad who knocked out Liddell in IMO.

It was the same Rashad lol

But in case you forgot, he was fighting a Liddell who was over the hill

In addition to that, Liddel had won the first round. Rashad then caught him in the second with a once in a life time punch

By comparison, Shogun beat that very same over the hill Liddell far more impressively then Rashad did. Shogun lost no rounds to Liddell. Knocked him out in the first. Was consistently out strucking him too

Anyway to answer this thread

I remember before the Machida fight, Rashad said that if the crowd is booing, then his gameplan is working

Rashad has always been one of the worst offenders of point fighting so I could care less about him!

Rashad has a suspect chin and has always had trouble exchanging. Thats something that will never change

If you are not a natural, you cant learn to be comfortable with punches flying at your face

But even then, besides Raahad's strong double leg, his takedown percentages are actualy pretty bad considering the fact,

And he has failed to control a lot of fighters from the top. Rashad's top game is flimsy at best

Rashad really is one of the most boring and most over rated "top" fighters to ever compete

And I have been saying it long before this fight

-Almost knocked out by an over the hill Rampage and Thiago

-Struggled against the likes of friggen Bisbing for crying out loud

Etc etc etc and I could go on and on from his draw and 4 split decisions to the fact that even when he wins he still manages to look like shit for the most part

Rashad for the most part of his career has managed to obtain many lackluster point victories while scoring a couple of very rare knockouts over opponents who were vastly under estimating him

Now that Rashad is a high prfile fighter, opponents dont under estimate and know exactly what to expect

If anything Rashad is just a point winner

I would never ever consider him a great fighter
God dammit. Phone Post
2/3/13 6:44 AM
And Wagners Cut
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gamer -

In addition to that, Liddel had won the first round. Rashad then caught him in the second with a once in a life time punch

By comparison, Shogun beat that very same over the hill Liddell far more impressively then Rashad did. Shogun lost no rounds to Liddell. Knocked him out in the first. Was consistently out strucking him too

I remember before the Machida fight, Rashad said that if the crowd is booing, then his gameplan is working

Rashad has always been one of the worst offenders of point fighting so I could care less about him!

Rashad has a suspect chin and has always had trouble exchanging. Thats something that will never change

If you are not a natural, you cant learn to be comfortable with punches flying at your face

But even then, besides Raahad's strong double leg, his takedown percentages are actualy pretty bad considering the fact,

And he has failed to control a lot of fighters from the top. Rashad's top game is flimsy at best

Rashad really is one of the most boring and most over rated "top" fighters to ever compete

Etc etc etc and I could go on and on from his draw and 4 split decisions to the fact that even when he wins he still manages to look like shit for the most part

Rashad for the most part of his career has managed to obtain many lackluster point victories while scoring a couple of very rare knockouts over opponents who were vastly under estimating him

Now that Rashad is a high prfile fighter, opponents dont under estimate and know exactly what to expect

This thread just got shut the fuck down. Phone Post
2/3/13 6:44 AM
mijo

Rashad has trouble with good strikers! Machida, Jones, LIL Nog. I think he got exposed big time last night! Lil Nog and Antonio Silva are better overall fighters than Rashad and Overreem. End of story. Phone Post
2/3/13 6:48 AM
fanat

Little Nog was always very underrated IMO!
2/3/13 6:53 AM
RussFro
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jordan Breen @jordanbreen
Fight with Andy Silver on the line, and Evans showed up drunk to the job interview with his pants on backwards and a shit skid in the front.
2/3/13 6:53 AM
part_time_lurker
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overseer got owned by BCE - 
pidgey -
Overseer got owned by BCE -

Vitor just moved there. They havent had effect on him yet. Phone Post
They obviously have. Look how impressive he looked in his 2 fights since he was there. Almost became the LHW champ and then TKOd Bisping out of a title shot. Phone Post

And Bisbing never wins #1 contender fights.
2/3/13 7:30 AM
ThePeoplesYhundi
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was one boring fight that's for sure. Phone Post
2/3/13 7:40 AM
Lazer MMA

5 times
2/3/13 8:02 AM
geraldbb
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very impressed with Nog's takedown defence.
2/3/13 8:06 AM
Entreri

This was the shocker of the UFC card, to me at least.

One expected Jose vs. Frankie to go the distance and be close etc. Overeem, see Pride.
2/3/13 2:00 PM

gamer - I want to see Shogun knock Rashad out now!

Rashad always struggles with good strikers who have power

Shogun is about as an elite striker there is at LHW plus has some of the most devestating KO power out there

Just put two and two together lol

All of that + Rashad's suspect chin = awesome highlight reel KO for Shogun = fans happy!

The fact Shogun has such a granite chin that practically eliminates Rashad's small punchers chance too

The only way Rashad beats Shogun is by dry hump points victory, and even Rashad knows it!

Even then, Shogun is really a great and under rated grappler and would have more then enough to stiffle Rashad's top game.

Rashad also gasses out when ever trying to out wrestle opponents

So in a high paced wrestling fight, both Shogun and Rashad would gas out

But the difference is,

A gassed out Rashad fades away and gets rocked often

A gassed out Shogun gets stronger and remains as dangerous as ever

Personally I would lean much more toward Shogun knocking Rashad the fuck out!
Rashads cardio would kill Shogun. Phone Post
2/3/13 2:27 PM
minotauro11
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad didn't look great, Nog looked good. He easily stuffed every takedown attempt except for one, and even then he popped up immediately. Another thing he did that people are overlooking is he dictated the distance with jabs, that's why Rashad only went for a few takedowns, Nogueira didn't let him close the distance. Phone Post
2/3/13 2:40 PM
epic hero

Overseer got owned by BCE - 
gamer - I want to see Shogun knock Rashad out now!

Rashad always struggles with good strikers who have power

Shogun is about as an elite striker there is at LHW plus has some of the most devestating KO power out there

Just put two and two together lol

All of that + Rashad's suspect chin = awesome highlight reel KO for Shogun = fans happy!

The fact Shogun has such a granite chin that practically eliminates Rashad's small punchers chance too

The only way Rashad beats Shogun is by dry hump points victory, and even Rashad knows it!

Even then, Shogun is really a great and under rated grappler and would have more then enough to stiffle Rashad's top game.

Rashad also gasses out when ever trying to out wrestle opponents

So in a high paced wrestling fight, both Shogun and Rashad would gas out

But the difference is,

A gassed out Rashad fades away and gets rocked often

A gassed out Shogun gets stronger and remains as dangerous as ever

Personally I would lean much more toward Shogun knocking Rashad the fuck out!
Rashads cardio would kill Shogun. Phone Post

Rashad's cardio isn't good anyway
2/3/13 2:44 PM
flowwiththego
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gamer -

We just became best friends.

Rashad ha been hyped time and time again by the UFC. Only to go out the and show akward sub par stand up. His wrestling is good but doesn't do anything with it once it hits the ground. I've always said Rashad goes out of his way to not fight Phone Post
2/3/13 3:01 PM
B_Goetz

Edited: 02/03/13 3:01 PM
Can anyone tell me who the coaching staff is at "Blackzillians?" It's not just a bunch of athletes with no coaching, is it? Rashad seemed to have done no preparation whatsoever for a southpaw fighter. He let Nogueira step outside his lead foot and throw the left straight down his centre line the whole night long.

I'm sure they must have access to really good coaching, so I'm at a loss to explain the way Rashad fought.
2/5/13 5:34 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/05/13 10:09 PM
TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Lil Nog was that good. He entered the Octagon looking extremely focused, in outstanding shape, and threw more kicks in this fight than all of his fights put together! I could tell that he worked extremely hard to add to his arsenal. People are definitely not giving enough credit where it is clearly due. Lil Nog was awesome.
2/5/13 5:44 PM
A.Muradyan

CalicoInsurance.com
Problem with Lefty strikers. Rashads 2 losses were to Lefty strikers and Nog has legit Southpaw boxing. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.