UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What weight class should Frankie Edgar fight at?

2/3/13 7:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Skip2MyLou
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Simple question
155: huge size disadvantage but clear speed advantage, fastest fighter in the division. But has taken a ton of damage that may lead to his career being cut short (long term effects)

145: still a size disadvantage, speed is matched by some, cardio is still top notch despite small weight cut. Would have to win a few fights to get another shot at the champ. Won't take as much physical damage as 155

135: seems to be his real natural weight class, would be matched in size at this class (5'6") might even have a bit of a size advantage over few. Cardio may take a small hit. Would definitely take less damage, but speed advantage might be lost. But would have to cut 20 or so lbs and/or diet. Easier way to get another title shot (maybe 1-2 solid wins). Another potential super fight waiting in the wings with Dom Cruz

125: can he make this weight class? Maybe on the dolce diet? Walk around 155 cut and diet 30 lbs. size advantage, power advantage, weight advantage. Lose speed, lose cardio

Thoughts? Phone Post
2/3/13 7:31 AM
ANT_P1989
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

155lbs and 145lbs /Thread Phone Post
2/3/13 12:32 PM
Skip2MyLou
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote - 135 is not his natural weight class. I hate when people say this shit. He cuts down to 145.
He cuts down but he only cuts about 10 lbs to make 145. He could make 135 cutting the same amount of weight all the other fighters do. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:34 PM
Scramble City
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

retirement

He is to small to weak to be relevant. He just isn't meant for MMA.
2/3/13 12:34 PM
Nub

Frankie would do good in any weight class he fought in if he just fought to finish instead of fighting to a decision. That why every single one of his fights are so close. He just fights for the decision and barely takes chances. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:35 PM
Joe_Drogan420

I wouldn't mind seeing Cruz vs Edgar, but idk if frankie would want to cut. Give him another fight at fw me thinks, maybe Guida.
2/3/13 12:37 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scramble City - retirement

I've read about 15 of your posts all with this same stupid, smug attitude. Do you really believe that he's too small to compete in MMA? if so you sir won the gene olympics, congrats on your extra chromosome. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:38 PM
Anderson Ducking Weidman

2/3/13 12:39 PM
Scramble City

UGCTT_sakurabas ear - 

I've read about 15 of your posts all with this same stupid, smug attitude. Do you really believe that he's too small to compete in MMA? if so you sir won the gene olympics, congrats on your extra chromosome. Phone Post

The writing is on the wall. Or rather on Edgar's face after the 2nd round after all his fights.

3 fight losing streak. No visible damage to ANY of his opponents. At this rate he is going to be a rambling drooling shaking wreck of a human with all the brain damage he has received. He is to small, He is to weak, he is to prideful for MMA.
2/3/13 12:40 PM
hellride
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My vote is 205 because Edgar at heavyweight would be ridiculous
2/3/13 1:02 PM
Skip2MyLou

Willy the Coyote -
Skip2MyLou - 
Willy the Coyote - 135 is not his natural weight class. I hate when people say this shit. He cuts down to 145.
He cuts down but he only cuts about 10 lbs to make 145. He could make 135 cutting the same amount of weight all the other fighters do. Phone Post

I'm not saying that he couldn't make 135, just that it's not his natural weight class. People seem to have a tough time grasping what that term actually means.
How is it not his natural when he's still outsized at 145. Aldo was noticeably bigger. Looking at his body frame 5'6" and not a muscular body. His frame fits in with all the other guys at 135 rather than 145 Phone Post
2/3/13 1:06 PM
Sudo21
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edgar by frame is for 135. I doubt he want's to cut that much, leave him at 145 and give him someone like Guida for a win over a name opponent. Make #1 contender fight for him, and have him against Aldo at next years superbowl weekend.
2/3/13 1:09 PM
JOESONDO
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

170 Phone Post
2/3/13 1:13 PM
MillionDollarDreamer

He definitely looked smaller than I expected next to Aldo. He could probably hit 35, but that title fight may not be very enjoyable. Phone Post
2/3/13 2:18 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1019 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

imagine the dance off with cruz

2/3/13 2:25 PM
caseharts
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ban Phone Post
2/3/13 2:29 PM
TX_432
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Him and Ian McCall are the same size, and Ian fights at 125. True story. Phone Post
2/3/13 2:38 PM
orcus

155, why bother fighting at 145? The best guy is arguably better than the best guy at 155, and Frankie doesn't have to worry at all about a weight cut. Plus more people care about 155. I can't see any positive to fighting at 145 unless he just wants to fight irrelevant contenders.

2/3/13 2:46 PM
nnwourgeet
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should drop to 135 and give it a go, just to see if he can be the first fighter to get robbed by the judges from the belt at 3 different weight classes in a row.
2/3/13 3:30 PM
MartialArtsMixed
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah give him guida Phone Post
2/3/13 3:52 PM
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frankie made it sound like he dieted down to 145, so presumably, he could probably make Flyweight. That's a scary thought.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.