UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Biggest fall from grace - Reem

2/3/13 9:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lord Nitemare
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just a couple of days ago, Reem was looked at as being some super human - Conan like being...now it's pretty much common knowledge that he's a beefcake wiho's still incredibly chinny. Had there ever been a fall from grace as bad as this? (Maybe BJ Penn)

2/3/13 9:26 AM
Lord Nitemare
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder - It has nothing to do with a 'fall from grace.' The dude got successful when he commited to being a roided up freakshow. Instead of shunning him most of the Pride fanboiz on here hulked up like they do when they watch tripple H spray water out of his mouth and now they're all suprised. Theres no suprise. I knew Bigfoot was gonna body him the minute they announced the fight.

Yeah, I understand that he was overhyped to begin with...but still his reputation is pretty much destroyed at this point. As far as Bigfoot goes, I thought he was going to destroy him after watching the press conference. 

But fuck me, that KO was bad...could someone get a couple of gifs In here?

2/3/13 9:29 AM
mose
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 

He had already been finished with strikes almost 10 times.  This wasn't a surprise to anyone who wasn't homosexually blinded by his new muscles.

Actually, agree.

2/3/13 9:30 AM
Lord Nitemare

mose - 
Glovegate - 

He had already been finished with strikes almost 10 times.  This wasn't a surprise to anyone who wasn't homosexually blinded by his new muscles.

Actually, agree.

True...but you guys do realize that his stock has dropped significantly, long gone are the days that he gets what he wants. 

2/3/13 9:31 AM
Res ispa loquitur
487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/3/13 9:32 AM
Osbot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reem has always been a wilter. ALWAYS.

He comes out and if the other guy doesn't throw in the towel, or he doesn't just plow through them he gives up.

2/3/13 9:33 AM
Lord Nitemare

Res ispa loquitur - 

Voted the fuck up...kinda ghey but that shit got me hard.

2/3/13 9:33 AM
Malvert the Janitor
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lord Nitemare -

Just a couple of days ago, Reem was looked at as being some super human - Conan like being...now it's pretty much common knowledge that he's a beefcake wiho's still incredibly chinny. Had there ever been a fall from grace as bad as this? (Maybe BJ Penn)

BJ Penn never got (wait for it....)

KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT!!! Phone Post
2/3/13 9:35 AM
Res ispa loquitur
487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/03/13 9:36 AM

Side Note...am I the only one that thought Bigfoot held Overeem up a bit to puish him more? It's better seen in another gif...but can be seen in the beginning of this one.^^

As it was clear to me Reem was out after that upper cut.

2/3/13 9:48 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Res ispa loquitur -

Side Note...am I the only one that thought Bigfoot held Overeem up a bit to puish him more? It's better seen in another gif...but can be seen in the beginning of this one.^^

As it was clear to me Reem was out after that upper cut.

No Phone Post
2/3/13 9:51 AM
Kostakio
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate -

Why isn't this obvious? Phone Post
2/3/13 9:57 AM
Mark Krumrine
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree that reem lost, got knocked out no doubt, but to pretty much write the dude off because he got knocked out by a dude that is a huge monster in Bigfoot, is kinda jumping the gun.... Has the reem been Ko'd before? Yes but he's been Ko'd by guys like chuck in his prime, no shame in that.... And to be honest there isn't a heavyweight around that would be able to take the shots overeem did and walk it off, the heavyweight division is simply to the point that any hwt can knock any other hwt out at a moments notice. I am not a nuthugger or anything as in this fight I wasn't really rooting for anyone. I just think its a bit pre-mature to call the reem washed up that quick. Phone Post
2/3/13 10:06 AM
JOESONDO
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His recent success was entirely based on steroids. Now that he can't roid like he used to, surprise, surprise he's not the same fighter. People should have known that going in and this should not have been such a huge surprise. Phone Post
2/3/13 10:06 AM
Bisping NEEDS to retire

OP you suck, don't try and bring BJ in to this
2/3/13 10:08 AM
Yelm
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark Krumrine -  I agree that reem lost, got knocked out no doubt, but to pretty much write the dude off because he got knocked out by a dude that is a huge monster in Bigfoot, is kinda jumping the gun.... Has the reem been Ko'd before? Yes but he's been Ko'd by guys like chuck in his prime, no shame in that.... And to be honest there isn't a heavyweight around that would be able to take the shots overeem did and walk it off, the heavyweight division is simply to the point that any hwt can knock any other hwt out at a moments notice. I am not a nuthugger or anything as in this fight I wasn't really rooting for anyone. I just think its a bit pre-mature to call the reem washed up that quick. Phone Post

I gotta disagree here respectfully.  I think the point being made here is that the Reem is an awesome hammer but the 2nd it's his turn to be the nail he is done.  This fight was the epitome of how he is.  When he is winning he looks awesome but just like the Chuck fight years ago as sooon as he is on the receiving end the fight ends shortly after.  

I did think Bigfoot was going to be a gimme fight though.  I thought a big slow grappler with not so great takedowns was the perfect match up for Alistair to showcase his striking.  Before the fight I thought Bigfoot's only chance was to make Overeem work for a couple of rounds and let him gas himself.  

I agree there is no shame in getting ko'd by Chuck but he also has a loss to Arona where he tapped to strikes in a time when Arona was finishing nobody.

2/3/13 10:09 AM
Mit

JOESONDO -  His recent success was entirely based on steroids. Now that he can't roid like he used to, surprise, surprise he's not the same fighter. People should have known that going in and this should not have been such a huge surprise. Phone Post

I honestly think this is why quite a few of the guys who came from Japan had so much trouble in the UFC. I mean it's just speculation but.....lots of guys came over and lost.
2/3/13 10:13 AM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yelm -
Mark Krumrine -  I agree that reem lost, got knocked out no doubt, but to pretty much write the dude off because he got knocked out by a dude that is a huge monster in Bigfoot, is kinda jumping the gun.... Has the reem been Ko'd before? Yes but he's been Ko'd by guys like chuck in his prime, no shame in that.... And to be honest there isn't a heavyweight around that would be able to take the shots overeem did and walk it off, the heavyweight division is simply to the point that any hwt can knock any other hwt out at a moments notice. I am not a nuthugger or anything as in this fight I wasn't really rooting for anyone. I just think its a bit pre-mature to call the reem washed up that quick. Phone Post

I gotta disagree here respectfully.  I think the point being made here is that the Reem is an awesome hammer but the 2nd it's his turn to be the nail he is done.  This fight was the epitome of how he is.  When he is winning he looks awesome but just like the Chuck fight years ago as sooon as he is on the receiving end the fight ends shortly after.  

I did think Bigfoot was going to be a gimme fight though.  I thought a big slow grappler with not so great takedowns was the perfect match up for Alistair to showcase his striking.  Before the fight I thought Bigfoot's only chance was to make Overeem work for a couple of rounds and let him gas himself.  

I agree there is no shame in getting ko'd by Chuck but he also has a loss to Arona where he tapped to strikes in a time when Arona was finishing nobody.

You completely missed his point though: as a heavyweight, being the nail pretty much means you will get fucked up, no matter who you are. Some guys have rare chins like Brock might have and JDS showed against Cain, but lesson learned from both... it probably won't matter in the end. Phone Post
2/3/13 10:17 AM
Mark Krumrine
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yelm -

I do agree to some extent on the arona thing.... And I'm not saying dude has Frankie Edgar's level of heart or anything like that.... But to be truthful Bigfoot tko'd fedor (doctor stoppage) and Travis Browne in recent fights, dude has in the past been around 285 at fight night it's hard for anyone to not get finished by someone that big with skill... He just hits that hard.... Alot of times I think it's hard for people who don't fight or train all the time to notice or realize just how hard a skilled heavyweight hits and while Bigfoot is not known for his striking hrs no slouch either Phone Post
2/3/13 10:17 AM
Barbasol
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reem lost once.  If he gets his ass handed to him the next 2 fights maybe, but wasn't Fedor's fall even bigger?

2/3/13 10:24 AM
Lord Nitemare

Glovegate - 
Lord Nitemare - 
mose - 
Glovegate - 

Actually, agree.

True...but you guys do realize that his stock has dropped significantly, long gone are the days that he gets what he wants. 

Yeah but my point was just that his stock was never up to a lot of people, myself included.  It has only had room to drop in the eyes of people who have long term memories that only hold information pertaining to a guy's last fight or last few fights.

Hopefully people will finally stop with this what have you done for me lately shit and realize careers do matter.

He beat Brock coming off his deathbed, he LOST to Werdum (yes, lost) and he crushed a few cans.  People should have known damn well nothing had changed when, in 2007, he lost to the only decent HW he has fought in over 5 whole years who was ready to fight him at the time the fight happened (Hunt is good but he was going through a rough patch) or who didn't get his balls knee'd literally into his body.

I'm not trying to bash the guy but there's just no other way to get people to realize they were wrong to hype him just like they're almost always wrong. 

His stock may have never been very high in your eyes but the UFC did believe he was the next guy in line (so did the vast majority of the MMA media). As far as I'm concerned, he's fucked in every sense of the word. I doubt he'll ever get to fight for the title...and if he does, Cain will tear off his face and wear it whilst beating the shit out of him.

on another note, Cain would have so fucked up Reem. It would have been a blood bath.

2/3/13 10:29 AM
UGCTT_AdamD
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lord Nitemare -
Glovegate - 
Lord Nitemare - 
mose - 
Glovegate - 

Actually, agree.

Yeah but my point was just that his stock was never up to a lot of people, myself included.  It has only had room to drop in the eyes of people who have long term memories that only hold information pertaining to a guy's last fight or last few fights.

Hopefully people will finally stop with this what have you done for me lately shit and realize careers do matter.

He beat Brock coming off his deathbed, he LOST to Werdum (yes, lost) and he crushed a few cans.  People should have known damn well nothing had changed when, in 2007, he lost to the only decent HW he has fought in over 5 whole years who was ready to fight him at the time the fight happened (Hunt is good but he was going through a rough patch) or who didn't get his balls knee'd literally into his body.

I'm not trying to bash the guy but there's just no other way to get people to realize they were wrong to hype him just like they're almost always wrong. 

His stock may have never been very high in your eyes but the UFC did believe he was the next guy in line (so did the vast majority of the MMA media). As far as I'm concerned, he's fucked in every sense of the word. I doubt he'll ever get to fight for the title...and if he does, Cain will tear off his face and wear it whilst beating the shit out of him.

on another note, Cain would have so fucked up Reem. It would have been a blood bath.

This. I can imagine Alistair ever getting a title shot now Phone Post
2/3/13 10:29 AM
UGCTT_AdamD

UGCTT_AdamD -
Lord Nitemare -
Glovegate - 
Lord Nitemare - 
mose - 
Glovegate - 

Actually, agree.

This. I can imagine Alistair ever getting a title shot now Phone Post
Can't Phone Post
2/3/13 10:36 AM
mchase126

Glovegate -

And Dana also thought Brock would destroy Overeem.  They don't know their own damn sport, it's ridiculous.

You sure about that? Everyone knew Brock was pretty done, it seemed like the perfect setup for Reem on a big stage. Got his name out there big time. Phone Post
2/3/13 10:37 AM
J_Swift

I know i'll be voted down for saying anything thats not positive about him but I'm pretty sure that Fedor fell a little harder. He had a longer winning streak prior to his losses and got submitted and (T)KO'd when in Strikeforce 3 times in a row. Phone Post
2/3/13 10:39 AM
MrColdCock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lord Nitemare -

This has happened so many times in MMA. Who could keep track?

There have been so many guys considered the best of the best. Only to lose and be written off as all hype. We saw it happen 15 years ago to Vitor Belfort and we saw it happen 1 year ago to Cain. Both those guys bounced back just fine, while guys like Kerr and Brock did not. We'll see where Overeem goes from here. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.