UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Biggest fall from grace - Reem

2/3/13 1:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lord Nitemare
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

deadlyonetwo3 -  Why the hell does everyone keep saying that the Reem is chinny???? He had a giant sledgehammering him to death before he fell lol. There is not one person on this entire website that could have stood up to that assault. He is not chinny, he got caught with a bashing right hand to the temple and was subsequently finished. It happens. Phone Post

Overeem has no chin dude. He can't survive in the UFC's HW division.

2/3/13 1:29 PM
Mark Krumrine
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

deadlyonetwo3 - Why the hell does everyone keep saying that the Reem is chinny???? He had a giant sledgehammering him to death before he fell lol. There is not one person on this entire website that could have stood up to that assault. He is not chinny, he got caught with a bashing right hand to the temple and was subsequently finished. It happens. Phone Post
More or less what I was saying Phone Post
2/3/13 2:49 PM
StutheJu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lord Nitemare -
deadlyonetwo3 -  Why the hell does everyone keep saying that the Reem is chinny???? He had a giant sledgehammering him to death before he fell lol. There is not one person on this entire website that could have stood up to that assault. He is not chinny, he got caught with a bashing right hand to the temple and was subsequently finished. It happens. Phone Post

Sounds like you have some sort of axe to grind. The immense amount of hate you have in your heart is not normal.

Can you name one heavyweight not named 2005 Mark Hunt that could have swallowed that barrage and survived? Phone Post
2/3/13 2:54 PM
Tastes Like Kevin Bacon
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/3/13 3:02 PM
MartialArtsMixed
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He destroyed brock Phone Post
2/3/13 3:09 PM
Lord Nitemare
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StutheJu - 
Lord Nitemare -

Sounds like you have some sort of axe to grind. The immense amount of hate you have in your heart is not normal.

Can you name one heavyweight not named 2005 Mark Hunt that could have swallowed that barrage and survived? Phone Post

Axe to grind? Dude, these fighters literally have no effect on my life at all. Literally, none.

its just Overeem has a really shitty chin. He was cocky and overconfident in his striking ability and got KTFO'ed. And as far as HW's surviving that barrage, here we go.... Carwin, Dos Santos, Big Country, Ben Rothwell, Daniel Cormier, Josh Barnett, Werdum (survived like 3 barrages), oh and Mark Hunt. 

Overeem sucks dude, just accept it.

2/3/13 3:28 PM
Lord Nitemare

MartialArtsMixed -  He destroyed brock Phone Post

Brock had lost half of his stomach or some shit.

2/3/13 3:43 PM
Olive Garden Table For One
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tim Sylvia fell off the hardest. Rampaging UFC champ destroying Ricco, first guy to beat Vera, giving Nog hell, to getting KO'd by a 76 year old boxer and TUF washouts

2/3/13 3:54 PM
Farewell Brock
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

omega 2013 - cut the demolition man some slack. has any fighter performed well after a year + lay-off?
Gsp looked pretty good against cindit Phone Post
2/3/13 3:56 PM
Lord Nitemare

Farewell Brock - 
omega 2013 - cut the demolition man some slack. has any fighter performed well after a year + lay-off?
Gsp looked pretty good against cindit Phone Post

I could literally give you dozens of examples...Overeem lost because he's not nearly as good as what everyone made him out to be.

2/3/13 3:58 PM
Jack Carter
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 

He had already been finished with strikes almost 10 times.  This wasn't a surprise to anyone who wasn't homosexually blinded by his new muscles.

This is true

2/3/13 4:09 PM
KZTT_HaliChap
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote - Roider beaten by a roider. Phone Post
What great input. Phone Post
2/3/13 4:43 PM
Motivated BJ
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If reem wasn't so fuckin cocky he would have won that fight with ease. He got away with leaving his hands down n standing in front if Bigfoot for two rds he jus got caught in the 3rd Phone Post
2/3/13 4:46 PM
Jack Carter
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Motivated BJ -  If reem wasn't so fuckin cocky he would have won that fight with ease. He got away with leaving his hands down n standing in front if Bigfoot for two rds he jus got caught in the 3rd Phone Post

this

2/3/13 4:58 PM
Lord Nitemare

Jack Carter - 
Motivated BJ -  If reem wasn't so fuckin cocky he would have won that fight with ease. He got away with leaving his hands down n standing in front if Bigfoot for two rds he jus got caught in the 3rd Phone Post

this

Eh, me thinks Overeem just sucks. He'll never be top 5 again.

on another note, big country would put a fucking on him.

2/4/13 7:15 AM
Lord Nitemare

Bump

2/4/13 10:13 AM
EckY
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its funny how quickly people change their tune.

Overeem got smashed by Badr Hari in 2009 WGP and came back to win it the following year.  I doubt he ever beats Cain but he will be back fucking people up for sure.  People acting like Big COuntry would just steamroll him are being a little ridiculous, you not remember what Werudm di tot Big Country with knees?  Overeem would prob be the first guy to stop Roy.

2/4/13 12:40 PM
HELWIG
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 

He had already been finished with strikes almost 10 times.  This wasn't a surprise to anyone who wasn't homosexually blinded by his new muscles.

correct^

2/4/13 12:43 PM
JerodR
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't fault Reem for being knocked out. That can happen to anyone with as big as these guys are. I fault him for being cocky, and not fighting to his abilities. Bigfoot was there to fight, Reem was there to showcase.
2/4/13 12:46 PM
Lord Nitemare

JerodR - I don't fault Reem for being knocked out. That can happen to anyone with as big as these guys are. I fault him for being cocky, and not fighting to his abilities. Bigfoot was there to fight, Reem was there to showcase.

My respect for Bigfoot has just skyrocketed after that finish

2/4/13 12:49 PM
epwar
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EckY - 

Its funny how quickly people change their tune.

Overeem got smashed by Badr Hari in 2009 WGP and came back to win it the following year.  I doubt he ever beats Cain but he will be back fucking people up for sure.  People acting like Big COuntry would just steamroll him are being a little ridiculous, you not remember what Werudm di tot Big Country with knees?  Overeem would prob be the first guy to stop Roy.

LOL @ Overeem beating Roy Nelson.  This isn't K-1, where your opponent has to stop after he knocks you to the ground.

2/4/13 12:50 PM
JerodR
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lord Nitemare - 
JerodR - I don't fault Reem for being knocked out. That can happen to anyone with as big as these guys are. I fault him for being cocky, and not fighting to his abilities. Bigfoot was there to fight, Reem was there to showcase.

Yeah, you could tell from the beginning that Bigfoot was there with a purpose. He didn't get caught up in everything or let anything discourage him in the fight. It was only a matter of time. If Reem every wants to hold the UFC belt, he needs to check his ego at the door and fight with the intent to win. All that power is no good unless you actually use it.
2/4/13 12:51 PM
Whambo
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeem got exposed for sure in this fight.

The K1 thing was overblown as a measure of his striking superiority. His last opponent was old, way undersized compared to Overeem, and had just gone through a war.

He may have more tools overall than JDS, but no way could he win a straight stand up battle against him. He doesn't have half the chin that JDS, and certainly doesn't have the hands.

Now that he's off the juice he is carrying way too much mass, he was gassing in that fight which contributed to why he was getting sloppy.

Hard to say where he stands, he's def top 10, I'd but I'd put him just ahead of Roy. He's below Big Foot, JDS, Cain, Cormier, Barnett.

I'd like to see him against Roy, and JDS gets Kongo. If they both win then they fight each other.
2/4/13 1:15 PM
Triple_B
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v196354185GpZBwY5?h1=Alistair+Overeem+vs+Antonio+Rogerio+Nogueira

Reems career in a nutshell. Does whatever he wants standing, opponent perseveres, he gets discouraged, and gets finished. Even his corner knew it, thats why they threw in the towel to stop the fight.
2/4/13 1:22 PM
Lord Nitemare

JerodR - 
Lord Nitemare - 

Yeah, you could tell from the beginning that Bigfoot was there with a purpose. He didn't get caught up in everything or let anything discourage him in the fight. It was only a matter of time. If Reem every wants to hold the UFC belt, he needs to check his ego at the door and fight with the intent to win. All that power is no good unless you actually use it.

Honestly, it was incredibly badass on Silva's part...I can't stress how awesome it was. Between the shit Alistair talked before the fight, the way he treated him in the countdown show, the way he shrugged him off in the preflight interviews, and the way he goaded him at the press conference and weigh ins - it was so satisfying to watch him get utterly destroyed (i mean destroyed in every sense of the word, there has not been a more embarrassing KO in UFC history - maybe Rashad vs Lyoto).

if any of you guys watch the post fight show (no one really does) Chael sums it up perfectly. 5 min in, Silva was just surviving, 8 min in Silva was realizing be might win the round, 8:30 min into it he realizes "shit, this guys sucks...I'm gonna cave his fucking skull in". To state the obvious, he finished him brutally the following round. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.