UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Ronda showing bjj guys a throw

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/3/13 10:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chris colquitt
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://youtu.be/k7BJ3NhOj9E

If I'm not mistaken that's uki goshi right?
2/3/13 12:23 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Video hyperlinked:

I think the proper classification for it would be utsuri goshi.

2/3/13 5:30 PM
dynamo
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OCJudoTrngCtr - 

Video hyperlinked:

I think the proper classification for it would be utsuri goshi.

Correct.
2/3/13 6:34 PM
judoblackbelt
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That throw is very rare in competition and requires superior skill to do it. I saw Korean judo master Jeon do it one time against a Cuban fighter and it was on of the most spectacular throws I have seen.
2/5/13 3:01 PM
Punk Dobbs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judoblackbelt is correct. Only the rare individual can pull a move like that off in competition. You have to be almost Godlike in your abilities. Or at least fighting a lowly brown belt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi2fYFQD_Vg
2/5/13 5:46 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is the hyperlink for that incredible display of judo.  That must be how they do judo on Olympus and in Valhalla.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi2fYFQD_Vg

2/5/13 6:48 PM
Osaekomi
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/05/13 7:08 PM

2/6/13 8:26 AM
judoblackbelt
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will search my DVD's to find the throw by Jeon and see if I can display it. It is the most spectalular throw I have seen. I think it is on Jeon's training video where he displays the techniqaue and throw.
2/8/13 7:34 PM
Bentleysuper8

Edited: 02/08/13 7:36 PM

Ya. Switching hip throw. Beautiful. Had not seen this entry before. I like. I usually do it to counter harai.
2/8/13 7:37 PM
Bentleysuper8

Similar but different throw. This is a slow Te Guruma.
2/10/13 4:25 PM
Steve72
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Iliadis hitting it at 6:31
2/10/13 4:25 PM
Steve72
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...Not sure why it's not embedding...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKczdB3tiDY&feature=youtu.be

2/10/13 4:42 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr

BentleySuper8 wrote,

"That is a slow Te Guruma"

Do you realize how much they had to slow down the frame speed of that video to capture the essence of that magnificent display of judo?  They had to mute the sound because it was almost deafening from the impact. If you look closely, you can see the basketball backboard shaking.

2/27/13 10:49 PM
MickColins
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda's Mom and Jimmy Pedro sr. have a real cool e-book out right now. I got it on my kindle, its very good.

3/6/13 10:58 AM
Judo Scott
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man Laranja can't fall for shit LOL
3/6/13 2:54 PM
Sam Lowry
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judoblackbelt - That throw is very rare in competition and requires superior skill to do it. I saw Korean judo master Jeon do it one time against a Cuban fighter and it was on of the most spectacular throws I have seen.

hmm I used to do a throw pretty similar to that quite alot, and I definitely dont have what I would call superior skill, it just seemed to suit my body shape and weight. Ronda has some excellent flexibility though, I could not do it exactly the same way as her.
3/6/13 2:58 PM
Sam Lowry

No one ever actually taught me that throw, it just seemed a natural follow up when someone keeps blocking your basic hip throw attempt with their hips, but without dropping their weight enough.
3/6/13 3:21 PM
Sam Lowry

Hmm it has cheered my up that someone thinks a technique pretty damn similar to what I do requires godlike ability :-) Seriously though, while it is debatedly an "advanced" thow, it is who you can pull it off against that makes it godlike (or not), same as all other throws.
3/8/13 1:25 AM
factchecker

Sam Lowry - 
judoblackbelt - That throw is very rare in competition and requires superior skill to do it. I saw Korean judo master Jeon do it one time against a Cuban fighter and it was on of the most spectacular throws I have seen.

hmm I used to do a throw pretty similar to that quite alot, and I definitely dont have what I would call superior skill, it just seemed to suit my body shape and weight. Ronda has some excellent flexibility though, I could not do it exactly the same way as her.

If you can do utsuri goshi like Ronda did, I would say you are pretty good. But it's not the same as sukui nage(you trap his leg with your arm), which I think is easier.
3/8/13 2:44 PM
27CrazyFeet
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'm not a spring chickens no more"

"I'm a national treasure you dont wanna hurt my body"

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.