UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: I don't respect Randy Couture at all

2/3/13 11:22 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I don't respect him at all," White said. "Not even a little bit. Randy Couture, the only time Randy Couture is a man is when he sets foot in the cage. As soon as his big toe steps out of that cage, he's the furthest thing from it. That's it, that's the way I feel about it."

The heart of matter, as far as White is concerned, is the way Couture handled his departure with the company. According to White, he was alerted via letter by Couture's lawyer sometime over the holidays that Couture would not appear for his commentating duties for UFC on FOX 6 on Jan. 26.

"I called Randy, called him over and over again and wouldn't answer his phone," White said. "Three hours later, he texts me. And I said ‘did you or did you not do a deal with these guys?'"

According to White, when he and Couture finally got on the phone, "He says ‘I did not sign a deal with Spike and Bellator, but I'm talking to two other networks right now.' I said ‘If you tell me that you did not bail on my last fight to go do a deal with them, I don't give a s-- what networks you sign with. I don't care if its friggin' HBO and The Food Network, I could care less who it is. ... "He said ‘I did not sign a deal. Stop worrying, relax and have a great Christmas. We'll talk later.' To this f-- day, standing right here, right now, we still have not talked."

read entire article...

2/3/13 11:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that would suck to have that said about you from Dana White. I have mad respect for the man though.
2/3/13 11:40 AM
hellride
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This doesn't sound good
2/3/13 11:41 AM
ThirdJackson
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't wait for the movie version. Phone Post
2/3/13 11:41 AM
bemsqua
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank Gallagher - Shady as fuck (if true)

Agree if true........be a man and man up to it. It's his choice to do whatever he wants to, but be a man about it. The UFC has been pretty good to him. At least be honest with them.
2/3/13 11:42 AM
Bisping NEEDS to retire
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

scorched earth
2/3/13 11:46 AM
ABE FROMAN

Dana seems like a real straight shooter when it comes to loyalty (although he should calm down with Tito).

Randy is about to make the worst decision of his life.

2/3/13 11:50 AM
Saltyballs
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's really lame if true. Sounds like Randy was trying to keep one foot in the UFC door just in case he couldn't get a deal done with Spike/Bellator. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:02 PM
AgedCaviar
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's just business. RC don't owe the UFC anything. He helped build the brand and is an all time great. If he chose to opt out of/ not fulfill the last broadcasting gig on his contract, I'm sure he paid a penalty as specified within his contract. That said, RC is not the man I thought he was back in the day, and for that I am disappoint. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:04 PM
ufc98newb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Randy have some daddy issues or what? Didn't he talk about his dad abandoning him in his book? Do we have any junior psychologists on board who can explain if this is the reason that Captain America does such apparently dickish things?

2/3/13 12:05 PM
Slevin Kalevra

money, it corrupts people
2/3/13 12:07 PM
Saltyballs
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufc98newb -

Does Randy have some daddy issues or what? Didn't he talk about his dad abandoning him in his book? Do we have any junior psychologists on board who can explain if this is the reason that Captain America does such apparently dickish things?

I'm an expert at talking out of my ass and trying to sound knowledgable, so I'm going to diagnose it as being about money and Couture wanting to do his own thing. Phone Post
jake11
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

get a life

no one should care about this type of shit.

spg
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/3/13 12:11 PM
ABE FROMAN

AgedCaviar -  It's just business. RC don't owe the UFC anything. He helped build the brand and is an all time great. If he chose to opt out of/ not fulfill the last broadcasting gig on his contract, I'm sure he paid a penalty as specified within his contract. That said, RC is not the man I thought he was back in the day, and for that I am disappoint. Phone Post

I agree that he doesn't OWE the UFC anything, it's just the way he handles himself. Answer your phone and be a man about your intentions, tell Dana why and move on. Don't let your legal counsel do the work for you.

Seems pretty coward-like for a former champion.

2/3/13 12:13 PM
lifeaftrprison
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you work for someone for 10 years and have help build their business into a success while making good money. The people you work for are filthy rich now in part because of your efforts and abilities , talk to you like you're an idiot and cut you out of possible commission. You are offered a much more lucrative job doing the same thing as before would you take it ? Most would

He owes his family and himself nobody else. It's a business relationship both parties have gained from it. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:14 PM
Phil Cornelius

If Dana just paid more money he'd have a lot less problems lol
2/3/13 12:17 PM
Saltyballs

The beef isn't Couture leaving, it's the way he left. Dodging calls and texts. Lying about signing a deal with a rival promotion when he was still with the UFC.

Of course he can do what he wants, but it's also understandable to be frustrated with Couture handling himself like that. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:18 PM
vaginal tear
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm all for everybody going out and making as much as they can. However It is possible to do it without burning bridges you have built over the years.

Uncle Dana holds grudges. Everybody knows that. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:19 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Bitterly disappointed with Randy. It's not about him 'owing' Dana anything, it's the way he went about business.

The thing is, if he'd been upfront and honest with Dana about the offer he was considering, Dana may have countered the offer.

Instead he left Dana with no option other than a "fuck you". Phone Post
2/3/13 12:21 PM
Chaz Johnson

The same Dana that put a lawsuit on randy. It's just business. Dana should have offered him a job like chuck.

Maybe he did I dunno! Phone Post
2/3/13 12:23 PM
Carl Sonnen

I agree that Randy handled it in a shady manner, but he knows who he is dealing with and probably just didn't want to get dragged through the court system like the last time he tried to do something Uncle Fester didn't like....
2/3/13 12:23 PM
Barbalos

I like both guys as businessmen. Dana isn't exactly a saint either.
2/3/13 12:25 PM
vaginal tear
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TryhardNobody - Dana doesnt like people who act like Dana
Difference is Dana is the boss of the biggest MMA organization in the world. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:26 PM
kevsh
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1) This is Dana's version of the story, what's Randy's?

2) Seems odd that after Randy allegedly screwed over the UFC all of the sudden he's been a bad person all along?

Dana said to ask anyone that's done business with Randy what he's like. Okay, if Randy is dishonest or worse, then why was working for the UFC in the first place? Why is Dana surprised then Randy left the way he did? He seems really pissed at a guy that, according to Dana, has a history of "bad business".

Something doesn't quite add up, I'll hold off judgement if/until Randy weighs in. Then again, why do I care? I prefer the drama inside the cage.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.