UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: I don't respect Randy Couture at all

2/3/13 12:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Philanderer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Randy corner his son? Dana said that Ryan still wants to fight in the UFC.
2/3/13 1:01 PM
vaginal tear
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -

This was a really cool part of the article:

"I called Ryan Couture, I said, you signed a deal for us to fight in the UFC," White said. "I want you here if you want to be here. But I need you to understand this: Me and your dad are not good, me and your dad are never going to be good, ever, ever again, as long as I walk this f-- planet. ... I want to be honest, I want to be upfront, if you want me to release you from your contract so that you can go do a deal with Bellator and have your dad, maybe work with him and go up and do whatever, I would do that."

Ryan's first fight. Melvin Guillard. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:12 PM
dream123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm just amazed Dana was surprised at being fucked over by Randy Couture yet again. Randy Couture has never been loyal in business or marriage.
2/3/13 1:27 PM
vaginal tear
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -
vaginal tear - 
duckhuntgangsta -

"I called Ryan Couture, I said, you signed a deal for us to fight in the UFC," White said. "I want you here if you want to be here. But I need you to understand this: Me and your dad are not good, me and your dad are never going to be good, ever, ever again, as long as I walk this f-- planet. ... I want to be honest, I want to be upfront, if you want me to release you from your contract so that you can go do a deal with Bellator and have your dad, maybe work with him and go up and do whatever, I would do that."

It's a step up in comp. but I think that's a winable fight for Ryan. I doubt Dana had much, if anything, to do with that match making. 

That match up isn't made that I know of. I was being sarcastic that Dana could throw Ryan some terrible match ups. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:29 PM
D241
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vaginal tear just jinxed the fuck out of Ryan lol

2/3/13 1:29 PM
pennviachoke
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He might not be handling it right, but I can't fault Randy for wanting to try and be a crucial part of Bellator. Huge opportunity for him, especially if Bellator gets big like teh UFC. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:34 PM
Sandy Pantz
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like how Dana basically admits he sold suckers a false image of Randy Couture for years and people are okay with that and taking up for Dana.

"Yeah Randy's an asshole, but as long as I could make money tricking people into thinking otherwise, it's ok."

-Dana
2/3/13 1:41 PM
Stan Dan Wang

nnnnnnnnnnnnnobody cares D'anus.
2/3/13 1:43 PM
vaginal tear

duckhuntgangsta -
vaginal tear - 
duckhuntgangsta -
vaginal tear - 
duckhuntgangsta -

It's a step up in comp. but I think that's a winable fight for Ryan. I doubt Dana had much, if anything, to do with that match making. 

That match up isn't made that I know of. I was being sarcastic that Dana could throw Ryan some terrible match ups. Phone Post

Haha, that's funny. Its not a bad match making Ryan. Melvin has lost four of his last five, most recently on a two fight skid. I think it would be a fair fight. Now if you had said Nate Diaz....

When Melvin is off he gets subbed left and right. When he is on he is a KO artist.

They could stick Ryan w the blanket bocek or cerrone. It'll be interesting go Ryan's first fight is for sure. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:52 PM
pennviachoke
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -
pennviachoke -  He might not be handling it right, but I can't fault Randy for wanting to try and be a crucial part of Bellator. Huge opportunity for him, especially if Bellator gets big like teh UFC. Phone Post

Bellator won't get big like the UFC. They could become a great cable TV promotion, but they won't sell PPV's the way the UFC does. 

If Bellator was smarter, less arrogant, they would position themselves as the NCAA of MMA. No one has a firm foothold in that market space. 

They should create contracts that allows the UFC to make active bids on their talent, which Bellator gets a cut of, and exposure of their brand when that fighter competes for the UFC. 

They could make more money working with the UFC instead of against them but that's not going to happen. 

I agree, Bellator won't get to UFC type status. I like ur idea but it would take alot of pride swallowing by Bjorn to do that, & I don't think he would do that. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:52 PM
Smellde Gluve
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/3/13 1:54 PM
Brian J DSouza

Randy has made a lot of poor business decisions from retiring to attempt to break his UFC contract to misrepresenting his pay.

However, UFC can easily find many former champions to commentate, and those are the guys who should be rewarded rather than worrying about punishing Randy somehow.

2/3/13 1:55 PM
MickColins
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smelldaglove ftw.

I know its just business but the UFC seems to have treated Randy very,very well. Not even calling Dana back is a chickenshit move.

2/3/13 2:00 PM
Smellde Gluve
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MickColins - 

Smelldaglove ftw.

I know its just business but the UFC seems to have treated Randy very,very well. Not even calling Dana back is a chickenshit move.

Thanks!

2/3/13 2:03 PM
pennviachoke

duckhuntgangsta -
pennviachoke - 
duckhuntgangsta -
pennviachoke -  He might not be handling it right, but I can't fault Randy for wanting to try and be a crucial part of Bellator. Huge opportunity for him, especially if Bellator gets big like teh UFC. Phone Post

Bellator won't get big like the UFC. They could become a great cable TV promotion, but they won't sell PPV's the way the UFC does. 

If Bellator was smarter, less arrogant, they would position themselves as the NCAA of MMA. No one has a firm foothold in that market space. 

They should create contracts that allows the UFC to make active bids on their talent, which Bellator gets a cut of, and exposure of their brand when that fighter competes for the UFC. 

They could make more money working with the UFC instead of against them but that's not going to happen. 

I agree, Bellator won't get to UFC type status. I like ur idea but it would take alot of pride swallowing by Bjorn to do that, & I don't think he would do that. Phone Post

Bjorn will do whatever Viacom / SPIKE tells him to do. 

Maybe, he's pretty stubborn though. Did he give up alot of control to Viacom/spike? Phone Post
2/3/13 2:05 PM
Andy Rigg
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smellde Gluve - 

ha ha haa! quality. all it needs now is shit nu-metal playing and it's like 'being john malkovic'
2/3/13 2:09 PM
xakx

Can someone please tell Dana to take the sand out of his vag.
2/3/13 2:10 PM
daddy N0
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Needs a Powerful number 2 organizations for competition to grow and evolve. With what happened with Eddie and if this is true I hope we get get another organization to become that 2. Dana should match Bellators offer with Rampage and have him do Super Fights or talk to him about going to 185. We Need another Scott Coker to keep things clean Phone Post
2/3/13 2:22 PM
pennviachoke

Agreed, I really do like ur idea of Bellator feeding fighters to the UFC, if done right it could work out. Phone Post
2/3/13 2:45 PM
Neil Funk

More diarrhea spilling from the mouth of the guy who never fought.

I have always wondered, which fighter that Dana badmouths is going to be the one that is going to knock his ass out? Which guy is going to be the guy that says, "I've had enough of this guy who doesn't fight questioning the manhood of fighters and constantly running his mouth like he can't be touched?"

I guess we might have found the answer. Better pony up for some extra security tough guy.

2/3/13 2:48 PM
I AM A MOFO
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a guy who learnd he could be KO'd twice in one weightclass and have his next fight for the title in a higher one. Or that he could take off with the HW title to do a fight in a rival promotion, then come back if/when it didn't work out and still be givn the royal treatment. Or he could get away with things that would have gotten other zuffa fighters perma fired at the time like signing away likeness rights to EA.

To some extent, Dana/Zuffa probably have themselves to thank for the whole "I'm Randy Couture and I can do whatever the fuck I want" attitude.

And while loyalty is always an admirable trait, I can't blame Randy for doing whatever he wants to do, because he can and it's always worked out fine for him before. Why be Randy Couture if you're not gonna take advantage of it I guess?
2/3/13 2:56 PM
Il Duce
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's nice, Dana. Phone Post
2/3/13 3:08 PM
ABE FROMAN

Wes_Mantooth - 
ABE FROMAN - 

Dana seems like a real straight shooter when it comes to loyalty (although he should calm down with Tito).

Randy is about to make the worst decision of his life.

I still think the beef between Tito and Dana is all a work.

Could be. It certainy keeps us talking, and changes almost daily.

2/3/13 4:20 PM
DBlades

Neil Funk - More diarrhea spilling from the mouth of the guy who never fought.

I have always wondered, which fighter that Dana badmouths is going to be the one that is going to knock his ass out? Which guy is going to be the guy that says, "I've had enough of this guy who doesn't fight questioning the manhood of fighters and constantly running his mouth like he can't be touched?"

I guess we might have found the answer. Better pony up for some extra security tough guy.

Well to be honest, he's not saying Randy is a women and can't fight. I agree with Dana, if you don't have the balls to call your boss and tell him you're not coming to work, if you have to get your liar, I mean lawyer to do it....that's a bitch move. If your boss calls you, and you dodge his call because you're obviously afraid of the ensuing confrontation...that's a bitch move. If you then proceed to answer your bosses multiple missed calls with a text....that's a bitch move. If you then proceed to tell him you'll talk later, but never reaching out to honor your word(delaying the confrontation) that's a bitch move.

All in all Dana isn't exactly overreacting or exaggerating the point. He even said Randy's a man in the cage, but his actions outside, aren't exactly actions in sync with being a, well, man.
2/3/13 4:44 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is why this sport will never be major league.

Because the figurehead talks like a gangster.

Yeah, figurehead.

The Ferrittas own the lion's share of the UFC.

Dana is a MINORITY owner.

He is the Jack Tunney of 1987 WWF to Lorenzo's Vinny Mac.

Having your figurehead shit on guys who made this sport like Ken, Randy and Tito is more damning than signing a Bellator contract.

Hey, Eddie Alvarez?

You wanna be in the UFC because you think they respect you?

You're a piece of meat kid and your first loss gets you gone and the first time you have an opinion gets you on blast.

Dana White operates like a bull in a china shop.

He shits on "nerds" who but product and he shits on fighters who made that product palatable in the ages when no one gave a damn about the UFC.

Bush league.

This is why you'll never sit at the table with the NFL.

Ever hear anyone from the NFL shit on Brett Favre?

Ray Lewis?

Ben Roethlisberger?

Yeah.

Professionalism.

Exhibit some.

Worry about that instead of this phony "be a man" bullshit. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.