UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> round three with WesLion

2/3/13 11:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WesLion
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/03/13 3:46 PM

Just had some new ideas I thought most of you would enjoy. I actually expect some jokes from this idea though. Anyway here goes

#1. Martial arts of every kind have an incredibly storied history and I'm sure everyone has their favorite. I'm sure most people won't limit themselves like this anyway but just in case don't stick to only Asian or oriental martial arts.

What era and kind of warrior would you want to be? Samurai in ancient Japan, they were essentially the pre-gun soldiers of their time and country. Ninja assassins? Don't go with the glorified fiction. Remember real ninjas would disguise themselves as normal people, work normal jobs, do everything they can to fit in, until they get their chance to strike. Part of the infamous Mongols? Or moving around the globe. Knights in the crusades? Any others I forgot? Pick whatever, give us details and why you choose it. Remember it's what you would want to be if you could choose any martial artist from any region or area. Factual only if you choose #1 please. Fictional characters are covered in #3.

#2. If you don't like that or want more, is there a certain martial art you want to learn that isn't very common or at least isn't in your area? Jousting, fencing, anything I didn't mention?

#3. Finally if you don't like those our want more, how about a fictional martial art character? Have as much fun with this one as you want. ninja turtle, gi joe, anything else you like.  Choices are only as limited as your knowledge of fictional characters and your imagination.

Edited for readability, sorry about the crappy layout of the original post.  Apparently my new phone hates paragraphs. :p

2/3/13 11:46 AM
WesLion

Edited: 02/03/13 3:44 PM

This post is no longer necessary now that the first was corrected.

2/3/13 12:11 PM
WesLion

Maybe I picked the wrong day for this seeing as how everyone is discussing yesterdays fights. Lol
2/3/13 12:23 PM
shaqitup
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's much easier to read if you break up your text into paragraphs, you know something you learned at around age 8.

2/3/13 12:26 PM
WesLion

I tried. Phone condensed it back down when I posted
2/3/13 12:29 PM
WesLion

My posts come out fine on my computers or laptop every time. But this effing phone eliminates line spacing every time
2/3/13 12:38 PM
shaqitup
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems more OG relevant.

Probably a knight as they were considered higher class, and didn't have to live in shit hovels.

2/3/13 12:44 PM
WesLion

Edited: 02/03/13 12:45 PM
Not bad, decently funny reference too. I've actually had good luck in the UG with these posts. But I may try the OG too. Ty for the suggestion
2/3/13 3:00 PM
WesLion

TTT
2/3/13 4:52 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, this si a greeat question, but I am going to need time to think about this.  I have an obsession with geishas, but I guess they weren't warriors, were they?

I'll get back to you on this one, but great question.

2/3/13 6:03 PM
WesLion

Certainly not warriors but a very neat part of history. Geisha (?? ? ), geiko (??) or geigi (? ?) are traditional Japanese female entertainers who act as hostesses and whose skills include performing various Japanese arts such as classical music, dance and games.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.