UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Maia at 170

2/3/13 1:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
46and2degrees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beast. I was very impressed with his takedowns vs a guy like Fitch as well. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:09 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed.

It's astounding how dominant he looks at 170. I had no idea he would handle Fitch like that. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:16 PM
46and2degrees

Herman Munster -

Heard he and the fight were awful to watch, so did not watch.  Seems he's getting more hype from the Bjj fanboys looking to consider him more of a WW title challenger than he is.  

He is just sticking to what he is good at and dominating people. I'm glad he isn't going the route of playing to the fans and pretending to be a boxer. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:18 PM
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he moved ahead with singular distinction as the best subgrappler in MMA last night.
2/3/13 1:19 PM
da Vinci 81
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's looking like he first did when he came on the scene at MW. Dominating everyone with grappling again.
2/3/13 1:21 PM
beastrosoup
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very boring fight but he dictated the whole fight. It will be interesting to see who he fights next Phone Post
2/3/13 1:22 PM
46and2degrees

Herman Munster -

Btw, Fitch's wrestling is pretty overrated.  Basically Maia stuck to him like Velcro and held his back all fight?  Sounds awesome. 

What style fights do you prefer? Phone Post
2/3/13 1:26 PM
KC007

His trip takedowns are so beautiful.
2/3/13 1:28 PM
Symbolic
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A rematch with Nate at 170 would be killer! Phone Post
2/3/13 1:33 PM
Built Like A Fedor
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Symbolic - A rematch with Nate at 170 would be killer! Phone Post
Make it happen, Dana! Phone Post
2/3/13 1:34 PM
Choochy
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman Munster -

Btw, Fitch's wrestling is pretty overrated.  Basically Maia stuck to him like Velcro and held his back all fight?  Sounds awesome. 

Should probably watch it before you rip on it. Was a great fight and I never thought I'd say I've really enjoyed four Fitch fights in a row. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:53 PM
RustyTrombone
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman Munster -

Heard he and the fight were awful to watch, so did not watch.  Seems he's getting more hype from the Bjj fanboys looking to consider him more of a WW title challenger than he is.  

Fitch has been top 5 for years now. Up until he lost to Hendricks he was considered number 2. So the fact Maia just beat him easily does make him a challenger wouldn't you say? He's probably one impressive win away from a title shot Phone Post
2/3/13 2:11 PM
ranier wolfcastle
923 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he looked so lean at 185 i thought 170 was a terrible idea. but hes looking like a god there now

2/3/13 2:17 PM
minotauro11
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looks unstoppable at 170, it's really exciting. I like Fitch a lot so it sucked to see him lose but Maia earned it. I think Maia presents the most interesting threat to GSP. Phone Post
2/3/13 2:38 PM
omlet de fromage

It was definitely an impressive victory, but people have to be out of their minds to think he could do that to GSP. GSP has some of the best takedown defense in the UFC. GSP would keep it standing and destroy Maia on the feet. Phone Post
2/3/13 2:40 PM
gracie
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman Munster - 

Perhaps you should watch something before you critique it

2/3/13 2:41 PM
CLINT NJHC
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Straight beast dominating Fitch like that. I predicted Maia to win but I didn't think the td's would be that easy. I was LMAO at Fitch getting a taste of his own medicine though, that was the best part for me.
2/3/13 2:48 PM
Andersons_Chin
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyone that can fitch down on fitch is a serious grappler.
2/3/13 2:54 PM
tempus

Maia is the Anderson Silva of bjj in mma
2/3/13 2:57 PM
I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WW Maia is a beast

His style would be a nightmare for Diaz, he'd push his shit in for 3 rounds. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.