UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I am so bummed out right now...

2/3/13 1:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chaelismyhero
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

About Edgar vs. Aldo. Frankie was robbed AGAIN. He won the last 3 rounds.I dont know what he has to do to win a decision. I was suppose to go to some Super Bowl party thing,but i dont even want to go anymore. I havent been this upset about a fight since Sonnen-Silva 2. I stayed up all night after that fight.I went on a vacation the next day and couldnt even enjoy it.
2/3/13 1:32 PM
46and2degrees

He won the last two rounds but it's a title fight, you have to win decisively. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:34 PM
MillhouseMMA
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was badly outstruck and didn't do enough to win.
2/3/13 1:35 PM
Bill Pharoni
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He won the last 2 decisively but the third was anybody's round.
2/3/13 1:39 PM
KingYing

He won rounds 4 and 5 for sure, 3 is iffy... One thing I don't get is when he had Jose up against the cage and was kneeing him why did he let him go? he should of tried to stay on him, Jose was tired from defending and getting up from the takedown.
2/3/13 1:41 PM
Silverball
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bill Pharoni - He won the last 2 decisively but the third was anybody's round.

The 5th round was decisive? Frankie has amazing heart and cardio, but he was beat by a better fight last night. Edgar's been in some fights with highly questionable judging in the past, but last night wasn't one of them.
2/3/13 1:47 PM
Slash
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frankie only won round 4 very decisively. He barely won round 5 and Aldo barely won round 3. First two were clearly Aldo's.

I was going for Frankie like no other but he clearly lost.
2/3/13 1:47 PM
AngryFoamy
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would have been fine with a DRAW or Also winning as far a good judges decision.  I think Edgar won 4 and 5, but 3 was too close to call and damage is a factor.

A guy on another thread put it best IMO, Edgar doesn't lose, he runs out of time.  That's about as accurate as I've ever heard.

2/3/13 1:56 PM
DonFrye_Fan

A title fight is no different than any other fight. You win more rounds, you win the fight. There isn't a different criteria. You don't have to win "decisively". You either win the round or you don't. How hard us that to understand? Phone Post
2/3/13 2:21 PM
nnwourgeet
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo did fantastic the first two rounds, but not enough for a 10-8 in either.

Goldy and Joe got a bit caught in the momentum of Aldo's success in the preceding rounds, that they failed to see how Edgar was controlling the 3rd round, with Aldo taking leg kicks and backing up, with the front kick and getting up from the takedown as the only significant contributions.

Frankie's momentum continued through the 4th round, where Joe started to recognize Frankie's success, which is why there are a lot of people on here that gave Frankie the 4th round, but not the third that he had also fairly obviously won.

The same theme continued through the 5th round, with Aldo backing up and getting hit with a couple of shots many times that he landed one. Some people will try to lend extra points for Aldo's lesser amount of shots because they were more powerful, but in the 5th round this was not the case, and you cannot score visible damage from action in the first round as points in the 5th.

Frankie has amazing heart. Those leg kicks in the 2nd were brutal and would have been the beginning of the end for anyone else.

Frankie won the fight 48-47, and if there was another round or two, the trend indicates he would have won those as well.
2/3/13 2:23 PM
hmb

Edgar is the luckiest man in MMA. He was never the champ in the 1st place but he rode the wave like Kelly Slater.
2/3/13 2:24 PM
jaydub
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol cool story bro.

Frankie did a great job and although he look good in the 4th and 5th he did literally zero damage.

Aldo took 1,2 and 3 decisively..and inflicted way more damage.
2/3/13 2:26 PM
NickBenton93
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo absolutely won two rounds, Edgar absolutely won one round.

3rd was close, I'd give it to Aldo on sheer damage.

5th was probably Edgar's although Aldo turned it on late and was booming.

Aldo did way more overall damage.

Aldo wins the fight, IMO, and a great fight at that. Phone Post
2/3/13 2:28 PM
Chaelismyhero

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - Sorry you're not feeling so hot bro.

But you've got much bigger problems to worry about.

Like Chael P. Sonnen getting humiliated and run out of the UFC for good by Jon Jones.

Which is going to happen in a few short months.

Try to enjoy your time with Chael while you can.

You will miss him when he's gone.

Poor troll attempt
2/3/13 2:30 PM
bakobell

Know what might help OP? Crying about it. Phone Post
2/3/13 2:31 PM
Bat21
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmb - Edgar is the luckiest man in MMA. He was never the champ in the 1st place but he rode the wave like Kelly Slater.

lol...take pics of the pyramids.

2/3/13 2:36 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMG how did he clearly win the 5th?
2/3/13 2:37 PM
Chaelismyhero

You are what is wrong with the Underground. SuperCalo is atleast funny sometimes. You are not
2/3/13 2:40 PM
Chaelismyhero

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - 
Chaelismyhero - You are what is wrong with the Underground. SuperCalo is atleast funny sometimes. You are not

Sorry, I was just trying to help.

You arent
2/3/13 2:41 PM
Chaelismyhero

Old Thrashbarg - 
Chaelismyhero - You are what is wrong with the Underground. SuperCalo is atleast funny sometimes. You are not
Who are you talking to? Phone Post

BJR
2/3/13 2:44 PM
Loydchristmas
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the more beta posts ive ever seen. I cant even go to the superbowl party im just so upset. Wtf. And worse Frankie clearly lost. Im a big fan of Frankies and not of Aldo but Aldo won that fight. Phone Post
2/3/13 5:36 PM
BJ_Penmanship
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

... You seriously need to choose better fighters Phone Post
2/3/13 5:37 PM
NickBenton93
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Old Thrashbarg -
NickBenton93 - Aldo absolutely won two rounds, Edgar absolutely won one round.

3rd was close, I'd give it to Aldo on sheer damage.

5th was probably Edgar's although Aldo turned it on late and was booming.

Aldo did way more overall damage.

Aldo wins the fight, IMO, and a great fight at that. Phone Post
This is the best and most accurate breakdown I've heard. Well done. Phone Post
Thank you, scholar. Phone Post
2/3/13 6:41 PM
NotJustA12er

Chaelismyhero - About Edgar vs. Aldo. Frankie was robbed AGAIN. He won the last 3 rounds.I dont know what he has to do to win a decision. I was suppose to go to some Super Bowl party thing,but i dont even want to go anymore. I havent been this upset about a fight since Sonnen-Silva 2. I stayed up all night after that fight.I went on a vacation the next day and couldnt even enjoy it.
Didn't go down like that . You prob got carried away with Rogans commentary . Phone Post
2/3/13 6:48 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

nnwourgeet - Aldo did fantastic the first two rounds, but not enough for a 10-8 in either.

Goldy and Joe got a bit caught in the momentum of Aldo's success in the preceding rounds, that they failed to see how Edgar was controlling the 3rd round, with Aldo taking leg kicks and backing up, with the front kick and getting up from the takedown as the only significant contributions.

Frankie's momentum continued through the 4th round, where Joe started to recognize Frankie's success, which is why there are a lot of people on here that gave Frankie the 4th round, but not the third that he had also fairly obviously won.

The same theme continued through the 5th round, with Aldo backing up and getting hit with a couple of shots many times that he landed one. Some people will try to lend extra points for Aldo's lesser amount of shots because they were more powerful, but in the 5th round this was not the case, and you cannot score visible damage from action in the first round as points in the 5th.

Frankie has amazing heart. Those leg kicks in the 2nd were brutal and would have been the beginning of the end for anyone else.

Frankie won the fight 48-47, and if there was another round or two, the trend indicates he would have won those as well.

"aggression" doesn't score a win for Frankie in the 3rd or the 5th. 

It is called "Effective Aggression" and it is the least valuable criteria of the big 4. 

Aldo was the more "Effective Striker", the more "Effective Grappler" and had the "Cage Control" in rounds 3 and 5. He stuffed 100% of TD attempts in those rounds, and even threw Frankie to the ground on one of the attempts in the 3rd.

Edgar landing 4 more strikes than Aldo in each of those rounds does not win him "Effective Striking":

"F. Clean Strikes
1. The fighter who is landing both effective and efficient clean strikes.
2. There are two ways of measuring strikes:
-the total number of clean strikes landed (more efficient)
-the total number of heavy strikes landed (more effective)

G. The heavier striker who lands with efficiency, deserves more credit from the Judges than total number landed.
1. If the striking power between the fighters was equal, then the total number landed would be used as the criteria.
2. The total number of strikes landed, should be of sufficient quantity favoring a fighter, to earn a winning round."

Aldo's shots were more effecient (landing %), as well as being the clearly stronger strikes overall. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.