UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Judo schools in southern maryland?

2/3/13 1:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
youarewhatiswrong
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can anyone recommend a good judo school in the southern maryland/charles county area? Thank you.
2/5/13 4:17 PM
dalexan242
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know anything about them other than that they compete regularly in all of the local judo tournaments (or at least their kids do, I usually have to leave before watching much of the adults), but there's Southern Maryland Jujitsu Academy in White Plains.
2/5/13 9:52 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did not see any judo clubs listed on the USA Judo website.  The USJF has some clubs listed in Maryland, I just don't know if they are in Charles County.  Maryland is part of the Shufu Yudanshakai

List of clubs in Shufu.  They are not in state order.

http://shufujudo.org/wp-content/uploads/Member_Clubs_B1.pdf

2/6/13 8:51 AM
dalexan242
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, I looked at the list yesterday and was surprised that the shufu list seems to have left off several of the local judo teams that I see regularly at the shufu tournaments. I'm not sure if the list is outdated or whether there are just a bunch of clubs that participate regularly but don't belong to shufu.
2/6/13 9:03 AM
youarewhatiswrong
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, I can't find anything on that list nearby me.

I am interested in the SOMD jujitsu academy, but according to the sign on their school they teach brazilian jiu jitsu, so I'm not sure I could afford it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.