UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Overeem lost cuz he didn't respect Bigfoot? LMFAO

2/3/13 2:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KickYoNuts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rogan claiming Overeem lost cuz he didn't respect Bigfoot's power, didn't respect Bigfoot etc

This gotta be a joke right? 

Why did he not blitz wreck Bigfoot in a minute then?

Why did he keep pushing Bigfoot against the cage for the whole first round, not a single serious strike landed from that position.

Why did he not open up on the ground like he did against Brett Rogers? He spent like the whole 2nd round on top of Bigfoot landing just a few strikes while eating several elbows from Bigfoot off the bottom.

If anything he was insecure and not willing to attack Bigfoot leaving him space to land a counter strike!

2/3/13 2:07 PM
Silverball
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Endurance is your insurance. Bigfoot had it. Overeem did not.
2/3/13 2:07 PM
Overseer got owned by BCE
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If anything Overeem was being cocky.

/thread Phone Post
2/3/13 2:11 PM
KickYoNuts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overseer got owned by BCE -  If anything Overeem was being cocky.

/thread Phone Post

He landed like 20 strikes in 10 minute to like 5-10 from Bigfoot, why would he be cocky being afraid to throw a strike?

Thats just the way he always fights in MMA, if he kept his hands up for the whole round he would gas in 3 munutes true story.

2/3/13 2:18 PM
MartialArtsMixed
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ring rust, how does it work? Phone Post
2/3/13 2:19 PM
hermanitor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KickYoNuts - 
Overseer got owned by BCE -  If anything Overeem was being cocky.

/thread Phone Post

He landed like 20 strikes in 10 minute to like 5-10 from Bigfoot, why would he be cocky being afraid to throw a strike?

Thats just the way he always fights in MMA, if he kept his hands up for the whole round he would gas in 3 munutes true story.

hmmmmmm? Being cocky has nothing to do with how many strikes you throw. If anything, your interpretation would be ass backwards.

Reem showed no rush to finish bigfoot, because he was toying with him. When you don't repsect a fighter, you're not going to be thinking "ooo I better finish this guy off quick!" You'll probably think the opposite.

Your speculation on his gassing also seems foolish. He was not gassed when he was knocked out in the 3rd round. He came out fresh......and cocky. All smiles.
2/3/13 2:55 PM
crzyJenks
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea I really don't think overeem respected his opponent.  Coming in with his hands down in punching range doesn't really show that you respect your opponents striking unless maybe your anderson silva.  Big foot is slow so Overeem did do a good job for the 1st two rounds but regardless the guy is 262 pounds, if that big gorilla hits you it's gonna do damage, and all it took was for one of those shots to get him and the rest was a wrap.  I think if Overeem had a little more respect for that he would have been a little more cautious and won the fight.  Just my opinion plus I really dislike Overeem I was happy to see him he get a beat down, maybe that will humble him a bit.

2/3/13 2:57 PM
KickYoNuts

crzyJenks - 

Yea I really don't think overeem respected his opponent.  Coming in with his hands down in punching range doesn't really show that you respect your opponents striking unless maybe your anderson silva.  Big foot is slow so Overeem did do a good job for the 1st two rounds but regardless the guy is 262 pounds, if that big gorilla hits you it's gonna do damage, and all it took was for one of those shots to get him and the rest was a wrap.  I think if Overeem had a little more respect for that he would have been a little more cautious and won the fight.  Just my opinion plus I really dislike Overeem I was happy to see him he get a beat down, maybe that will humble him a bit.

If he really didn't respect top 20 guy like Bigfoot then he should retire from combat sports. I guess Okami didn't respect Boetsch either, he was 10 times more dominant in the first 2 rounds then Overeem was against Bigfoot.

Hopefully UFC puts him in there with JDS and cuts him if he gets knocked out.

2/3/13 3:02 PM
Doem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maybe it was lack of roiding? he fought a lot differently than i though he would. Didnt seem to have the killer instinct.
2/3/13 3:03 PM
crzyJenks
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KickYoNuts - 
crzyJenks - 

If he really didn't respect top 20 guy like Bigfoot then he should retire from combat sports. I guess Okami didn't respect Boetsch either, he was 10 times more dominant in the first 2 rounds then Overeem was against Bigfoot.

Hopefully UFC puts him in there with JDS and cuts him if he gets knocked out.

I think what boetsch did with Okami was a bit different, Okami never came off as arrogant or cocky to me either.  I see Overeem and I see an arrogant guy, I could be wrong but that was the vibe I always got seeing or hearing him talk.  Overeem's striking is better than Bigfoot, like I said he is slow, but with a guy that size you have to be careful of his power.  I think Overeem just felt that Bigfoot couldn't really do anything to him and for 2 rounds he didn't.  Perhaps this will bring Overeem down a notch, and I agree if Overeem fights JDS I think he's gonna get knocked out.  I think Junior is the better striker and I think after the loss to Cain he's gonna be coming hard.

2/3/13 3:09 PM
LookAtThose1s
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smiling, hands down, etc.

Not sure what's difficult to understand here.
2/3/13 3:12 PM
Fedors Jim Jams

Silverball - Endurance is your insurance. Bigfoot had it. Overeem did not.

nice saying. new to anyone else or just me?
2/3/13 3:13 PM
Stea1th

He should of kept his hands up. Phone Post
2/3/13 3:24 PM
xakx

MartialArtsMixed -  Ring rust, how does it work? Phone Post

lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.