UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Official Give Jay Hieron Another Fight Thread

2/3/13 2:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SasquatchShaman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jay Hieron is 0-4 in the UFC and lost his only two fights on this run, but he should not be cut.
His first fight was late notice against Ellenberger, who is a top fighter and close to a title shot.
His last fight was against a top prospect and he just got caught by a huge punch.
He has an exciting style and brings a lot of charisma into his fights.

Show your support for the Thoroughbred here.
2/3/13 2:45 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

I disagree. Cut him. Phone Post
2/3/13 2:46 PM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sorry but I just don't think he can compete at the top level anymore... Phone Post
2/3/13 2:48 PM
SasquatchShaman

The Ellenberger fight was close and he didn't get KO'ed by him.
He beat Rick Hawn and arguably beat Ben Askren.
Definitely can still compete.
2/3/13 2:57 PM
32Hunter
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/03/13 2:58 PM
I'm torn. 0-5 would be fun.

I kind of want to see him get the record.
2/3/13 2:59 PM
DarceSideoftheMoon
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see another fight. But I could see the cut happenening and can't really argue it. He has winnable fights though still in UFC.
2/3/13 3:11 PM
RKing85
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't care either way. If he gets another fight I am fine with that, and if he gets cut I won't be signing a petition to get him back in the UFC.
2/3/13 3:18 PM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SasquatchShaman - The Ellenberger fight was close and he didn't get KO'ed by him.
I suppose... It depends who he gets matched up with, he has gotten two VERY tough opponents since coming back to the UFC. Phone Post
2/3/13 3:35 PM
SasquatchShaman

Vitor Me A New One - 
SasquatchShaman - The Ellenberger fight was close and he didn't get KO'ed by him.
I suppose... It depends who he gets matched up with, he has gotten two VERY tough opponents since coming back to the UFC. Phone Post

Definitely, I think most people would say he could beat over half the fighters at 170 in the UFC.
2/3/13 3:35 PM
Slaughter on Tenth Avenue

What's up Jay? Phone Post
2/3/13 3:38 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jay is a good fighter, but he's old guard. Guys like him are consistently being outclassed by the new generation of fighters who started early and grew up training MMA and bring a very well-rounded skill-set to the cage.

I don't say cut him, but I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC lets him go.

2/3/13 4:01 PM
StutheJu

Signed. I like Jay and I know he can beat a lot of WW's. Give him another shot Dana. Phone Post
2/3/13 4:19 PM
YousHerName
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SasquatchShaman - Jay Hieron is 0-4 in the UFC and lost his only two fights on this run, but he should not be cut.
His first fight was late notice against Ellenberger, who is a top fighter and close to a title shot.
His last fight was against a top prospect and he just got caught by a huge punch.
He has an exciting style and brings a lot of charisma into his fights.

Show your support for the Thoroughbred here.
Signed Phone Post
2/3/13 4:20 PM
show no mercy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he got green lighted, ironic
2/3/13 4:25 PM
wasssp

Yeah, I bet they won't let him fight matt brown or some mid-level white boy. They tried to give him straight killers like eric silva. They want him out.
If they cut Jay hieron, I'm straight up dis-inviting Dana White and Joe Silva from my birthday party.
2/3/13 4:53 PM
baldnbad
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed. And give the guy who knocked him out last night 10 more fights. I want him VS. Uriah Hall (fingers crossed that he turns out as legit as he looks in Ultimate Fighter, I'm riding that hype train so hard)
2/3/13 5:09 PM
Ruin

SasquatchShaman - The Ellenberger fight was close and he didn't get KO'ed by him.

arguably lost to Hawn
2/3/13 5:12 PM
KZTT_HaliChap
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wasssp - Yeah, I bet they won't let him fight matt brown or some mid-level white boy. They tried to give him straight killers like eric silva. They want him out.
If they cut Jay hieron, I'm straight up dis-inviting Dana White and Joe Silva from my birthday party.
Mid level white boy?

Oh. Phone Post
2/3/13 5:39 PM
Doc T
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see him fight once more. I don't think anyone expected woodley to catch him like that, not even Tyron. Phone Post
2/3/13 6:32 PM
Bloodstorm

Put him vs Wonderboy Thompson Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.