UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Aldo: I believe I won every round

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/3/13 5:28 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I believe I won every round,” said Aldo to Fuel TV after the event’s conclusion, pointing to a few takedowns as Edgar’s only real moments of glory in his go at the gold. “He’s a former champion so of course he was a very tough opponent. But I’ve also had very tough fights in the past. So I can’t rate him as my toughest opponent – a lot of fighters in the past were also very tough.”

Aldo improved his record to 22-1 with the victory, further establishing himself as one of MMA’s pound-for-pound best. With a few interesting options on the table including Chan Sung Jung, Ricardo Lamas, and even Anthony Pettis, “Scarface” isn’t certain who his next challenger will be. He also doesn’t care.

“It’s not up to me,” explained Aldo. “Joe Silva is a great matchmaker. He’ll find the right opponent for me and whoever comes my way I’ll have a great respect for and a great fight.”

read entire article...

2/3/13 6:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My opinion:

Aldo won rounds 1,2 and 3. Frankie won rounds 4 and 5. Phone Post
2/3/13 6:34 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo won 1,2,3.  Edgar won 4, round 5 was a 10-10 round.

2/3/13 6:38 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is obviously biased.

That said only round 4 was decisive for Edgar. 

2/3/13 6:54 PM
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo won 1,2, and 3 very convincingly, and I think he won rd 5 as well. Edgar won round 4. There really is no doubt on 1,2, and 3 so even if Edgar did win 5 he still lost the fight.
2/3/13 6:56 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Aldo won rounds 1,2,3, and 5. 3 and 5 were close but Aldo definitely did more damage in the third and I believe he did in the fifth as well, although it was close. Phone Post
2/3/13 6:58 PM
12SixElbow
881 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He won, period.

He hasn't watched the fight at the point of the interview. So, when you're in a fight its harder to tell who is edging rounds when they are really close.

2/3/13 7:00 PM
Phisher
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He won, period."

^This.

2/3/13 7:41 PM
Soul Gravy

Sorry, Aldo, but you're wrong. You lost that fight three rounds to two.
2/3/13 9:43 PM
Filo_Beto

Soul Gravy - Sorry, Aldo, but you're wrong. You lost that fight three rounds to two.

Aldo absolutely lost the last 3 rounds. I had to rewatch it a few times just to make sure I'm not crazy. Edgar got robbed.
2/3/13 9:46 PM
Filo_Beto

303 - Aldo won 1,2, and 3 very convincingly, and I think he won rd 5 as well. Edgar won round 4. There really is no doubt on 1,2, and 3 so even if Edgar did win 5 he still lost the fight.

You need to rewatch 3 again. There is not much of case to say Aldo won that round other then a nice front kick to the face. Edgar landed more strikes in that round.
2/3/13 9:52 PM
Barbalos

UG Blog: "Edgar was my easiest opponent by far"
2/3/13 9:54 PM
Jay Haas
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

He is obviously biased.

/thread Phone Post
2/3/13 9:55 PM
in_different
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo won 1,2,3,5. Turn the damn commentating off and pay attention.

I can't believe people are trying to discredit Aldo's win. He controlled that fight. Was never in any danger and outclassed edgar
2/3/13 9:56 PM
daba

Filo_Beto - 
303 - Aldo won 1,2, and 3 very convincingly, and I think he won rd 5 as well. Edgar won round 4. There really is no doubt on 1,2, and 3 so even if Edgar did win 5 he still lost the fight.

You need to rewatch 3 again. There is not much of case to say Aldo won that round other then a nice front kick to the face. Edgar landed more strikes in that round.

It doesn't matter if Edgar landed more if his strikes aren't as powerful. There's a big difference even in the power of Aldo's jabs and leg kicks versus Edgar's. Round 3 is a perfect example of that. Edgar might've landed more strikes but he needed to probably double the strikes of Aldo to win the round because Aldo's strikes were that much more powerful/effective.

That front kick was one of the biggest strikes of the night. Aldo had a few moments like that in the fight and Edgar had none.
2/3/13 9:56 PM
MarkRobinson
1549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Aldo won 1,2 and 3 convincingly. I can see an argument for him winning the 5th as well but 4 was pretty clearly Frankies. Phone Post
2/3/13 9:59 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Filo_Beto -

Edgar only landed 4 more strikes and failed on both of his takedown attempts. The bigger damage shots, like that nasty front kick, absolutely won Aldo the round. Phone Post
2/3/13 10:10 PM
Wasa-B
371 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson -  I think Aldo won 1,2 and 3 convincingly. I can see an argument for him winning the 5th as well but 4 was pretty clearly Frankies. Phone Post

If Aldo won 3, it was arguably.
2/3/13 11:16 PM
DreamSTi

in_different - Aldo won 1,2,3,5. Turn the damn commentating off and pay attention.

I can't believe people are trying to discredit Aldo's win. He controlled that fight. Was never in any danger and outclassed edgar

This.
2/3/13 11:28 PM
MarkRobinson
1549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B -
MarkRobinson -  I think Aldo won 1,2 and 3 convincingly. I can see an argument for him winning the 5th as well but 4 was pretty clearly Frankies. Phone Post

If Aldo won 3, it was arguably.
I'll have to watch again but I recall thinking he won the 3rd.

Either way, I don't agree that Aldo won all rounds. Phone Post
2/4/13 1:03 AM
Master Tang

No.
2/4/13 1:09 AM
Beezulbubba
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Edgar, and my brother liked Jose, but we both agreed rounds 3-5 for Frankie. It was close though, and I couldn't fault anyone for going the other way on round three. but as a fighter coming to fight, and not a points player, Frankie won the last three. From a stat point Jose got the third, and the front kick was damaging. TD's were moot as jose was able to get back up quickly.

But no way in any shape or form did jose win more then 3 rounds. That's like saying 100 is a prime number. Just isn't so.
2/4/13 1:13 AM
Ruin

Machida said the same thing after the first Shogun fight. But in due fairness at least Aldo really did win his
2/4/13 1:35 AM
Proteus The Invincible

I believe Aldo clearly got the better of Edgar in that fight. From a points perspective, I don't think Edgar convincingly won any of the rounds except for maybe the fourth, and even that round wasn't as decisive for Edgar as the first two rounds were for Aldo.
2/4/13 1:39 AM
shaqitup
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

He is obviously biased.

Fighters can't score their own fights live, and it's probably even hard when they go back and watch it, a close round is probably always yours.

The thing is, his corner told him he won all of the rounds, they told him he was 4-0 going into the 5th, why wouldn't he believe them?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.