UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cormier certain fight with Jones inevitable

2/3/13 11:19 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC light heavyweight champ Jon Jones has shrugged off challenges from Daniel Cormier before, questioning the unbeaten heavyweight’s star-power and ability to slim down to 205 pounds for the fight. However, Jones apparently rubbed Cormier the wrong way after essentially telling him to stop talking about the match-up until it is closer to becoming a reality.

“Jon Jones, you’re firing me up,” said Cormier when asked to address the matter during last night’s Fuel TV coverage of UFC 156. “Where I’m from, you don’t tell a man to shut up. That’s one thing you don’t do. Jon Jones, you and I will get it done.”

read entire article...

2/3/13 11:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow c0ckahlc
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, let this fight happen...AT HEAVYWEIGHT.

Cormier cutting down to 205 isn't that great of an idea. Just wait until Jones comes up. As you said, Daniel, it's inevitable.

2/3/13 11:26 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Posted right before me, but:

2/3/13 11:27 PM
gracie
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - Didn't Jones say he would go to HW by the end of 2013? why doesn't he fight him at HW? I do not compute.

Good point

2/3/13 11:33 PM
warez
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cormier is the real deal and the only real threat to Jon Jones left.
2/3/13 11:34 PM
da Vinci 81
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Cormier but jones is right. Prove you can make the weight and win a fight at lhw before you start acting like you're the next champ. Phone Post
2/3/13 11:37 PM
DavDav2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/03/13 11:38 PM
<blockquote>Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - Didn't Jones say he would go to HW by the end of 2013? why doesn't he fight him at HW? I do not compute.</blockquote><br /> Because it is

Because Cormier for close to a year has specifically said he will fight Jones at 205. So Jones is going to hold him to that.
2/4/13 1:07 AM
Master Tang
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've met Daniel Cormier. I've spoken at length with Daniel Cormier about martial arts. I've met his mother as well, beautiful woman that she is.

Ask any pro and they will all tell you, unless they are insane, a sociopath or high on drugs and they'll tell you fighting is 95% mental, 5% physical/training.

Bones Jones simply isn't as mentally strong as Daniel as Jones is trying to live up to his brother's success.

Bet the farm on Daniel if they ever throw down, you won't regret it and that is straight from the mouth of The Master.
2/4/13 1:51 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow c0ckahlc - 

Yes, let this fight happen...AT HEAVYWEIGHT.

Cormier cutting down to 205 isn't that great of an idea. Just wait until Jones comes up. As you said, Daniel, it's inevitable.

2/4/13 2:01 AM
stonepony

PatSmithsAnkle - Jones is going to beat Cormier so bad everyone here will assume Cormier trains with the Blackzilians and not AKA.

Also, if you think fighting is 95% mental and 5% physical/training then I must be missing out on something because I am almost certain when I go to the gym I see guys rolling and hitting bags and pads...not doing whatever this "mental thing" is.

Yeah... I'm with you and Chael Sonnen and Mike Tyson on that. It's a fight. Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Intelligence is important, especially for MMA as opposed to something like Boxing. But, 95%?...

JJ will be able to wrestle with him, and he will pick him apart from distance. Cormier needs to go to LHW, because this isn't Pride or early UFC where you can get away with fighting over your head anymore.
2/4/13 2:06 AM
hendofanforlife
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - 
PatSmithsAnkle - Jones is going to beat Cormier so bad everyone here will assume Cormier trains with the Blackzilians and not AKA.

Also, if you think fighting is 95% mental and 5% physical/training then I must be missing out on something because I am almost certain when I go to the gym I see guys rolling and hitting bags and pads...not doing whatever this "mental thing" is.

Yeah... I'm with you and Chael Sonnen and Mike Tyson on that. It's a fight. Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Intelligence is important, especially for MMA as opposed to something like Boxing. But, 95%?...

JJ will be able to wrestle with him, and he will pick him apart from distance. Cormier needs to go to LHW, because this isn't Pride or early UFC where you can get away with fighting over your head anymore.

So the guy with zero losses and a trail of bodies is in over his head? Interdasting.
2/4/13 2:16 AM
stonepony

hendofanforlife - 
stonepony - 

So the guy with zero losses and a trail of bodies is in over his head? Interdasting.

And, Gil is going to dominate, just like Fedor would have. And Hector Lombard, and Eddie Alvarez. And, Overeem is the best...

DC is far more credible than Overeem. But, yeah, if he's smart he will get in to shape and fight at LHW.
2/4/13 3:00 AM
KZTT_W85
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gracie -
Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - Didn't Jones say he would go to HW by the end of 2013? why doesn't he fight him at HW? I do not compute.

Good point

Cormier wants to be a champ in his own right, if he stays at HW to reach that goal him and Cain will eventually have to cross paths.

They have potentially the strongest bromance in MMA crying together and stuff like that after the cain jds fight. These seem like guys that will stick to the will not fight each other stuff.

He goes to 205 and reign as champ there, crazy to me but that's what it is. Phone Post
2/4/13 8:06 AM
meekie01

Jones has said in an interview i think i read on mmatorch that he will never fight cormier at hw and if cormier wants that fight he has to back up his talk and make the cut to 205

Personally i think by that he means that cormier is too strong and powerful at hw and jones wants him at his weakest and out of his comfort zone... also that jones doeant believe he can make the cut... dc wins this fight by swinging jones around his head by his beard and repeatedly banging his head on the canvas.

And lol at the peraon that said that jones can match cormiera wrestling... Phone Post
2/4/13 8:28 AM
stonepony

meekie01 -  Jones has said in an interview i think i read on mmatorch that he will never fight cormier at hw and if cormier wants that fight he has to back up his talk and make the cut to 205

Personally i think by that he means that cormier is too strong and powerful at hw and jones wants him at his weakest and out of his comfort zone... also that jones doeant believe he can make the cut... dc wins this fight by swinging jones around his head by his beard and repeatedly banging his head on the canvas.

And lol at the peraon that said that jones can match cormiera wrestling... Phone Post

JJ has faced some very good wrestlers, and made them all look like novices. I didn't say they're equal wrestlers did I? I said JJ would be able to wrestle with him.

"he will never fight cormier at hw"

Reading comprehension fail there buddy.
2/4/13 8:52 AM
zebers3
435 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm sounds to me like DC is treating the Mir fight as a "warm-up" fight and already looking past him to a title shot. Well that didn't seem to work out so well for a certain fighter this past weekend..

That being said, DC clowns Mir and gets the shot at Jones.
2/4/13 8:56 AM
spliff
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobinVanRooney -  Catch weight Phone Post

wut

2/4/13 9:03 AM
Card
1991 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight should happen asap.

2/4/13 9:31 AM
SJax
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“Jon Jones, you’re firing me up,” said Cormier when asked to address the matter during last night’s Fuel TV coverage of UFC 156. “Where I’m from, you don’t tell a man to shut up. That’s one thing you don’t do. Jon Jones, you and I will get it done.”

What is the difference between Southerners and Yankees for $1000 Alex
2/4/13 5:47 PM
jackandcoke

cormier talks about losing weight more than women do.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.