UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Nic Gregoriades Interview - "The Journey"

2/4/13 1:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Open Mat Radio
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out our most eclectic interview yet with Roger Gracie black belt, founder of Jiu-Jitsu Brotherhood and host of London Real, Nic Gregoriades. We cover Nic's journey to black belt from South Africa to London. Learn about Yoga, diet, supplements, mindset, philosophy and even rolling stoned. All this and much more in "The Journey" with Nic Gregoriades.

2/4/13 9:23 AM
MurdochIRL
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This was one of my absolute favorite interviews. Personally I think this is one of our best shows ever. I really hope you guys take the time and give it a listen. Nic is a really amazing guy with such a unique mindset and philosophy. You may not agree with everything we talk about in the interview but I guarantee you will have an opinion you'll want to share. Be sure to checkout Jiu Jitsu Brotherhood, London Real (he records as Nic Gabriel) and Q5 Combat Labs to learn more about Nic and his work. As always thanks for listening and for giving us and all our guests a chance! Phone Post
2/4/13 10:38 AM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nic is great. I trained with him when I was in London. Awesome jiu jitsu and a great teacher. Phone Post
2/4/13 11:32 AM
htownbjj
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just listened to it, great interview. Highly recommended!
2/4/13 12:00 PM
Tarado Safado
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

downloaded and gonna give it a listen
2/4/13 2:05 PM
kying418
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will listen soon too!

Check out Nic's youtube video on the cross choke from mount- still one of the best instructional on the web regarding that move.
2/4/13 3:41 PM
JSho
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nic has a great approach to and philosophy about bjj, well worth a listen Phone Post
2/4/13 4:37 PM
Hywel Teague
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ Hacks, free Arte Suave videos, Direct from Rio
Nic's radio show London Real is very cool, they have some great guests. Him and Brian have a great thing going on there.
2/4/13 10:41 PM
kying418
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great interview- I'm really enjoying the questions you have been asking the guest.

I know Nic did too, as he said "That's a great question" after almost every question haha.
2/5/13 2:07 AM
MurdochIRL
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kying418 - great interview- I'm really enjoying the questions you have been asking the guest.

I know Nic did too, as he said "That's a great question" after almost every question haha.
Glad you liked it. I have to admit that I sometimes worry that I'm going to come off as a fanboy, or even worse, an idiot for certain interviews. Nic throwing back that support meant a lot. I appreciate London Real so much that I wanted the interview to flow and have good structure. I'm not saying I'm as good as LR but I strive to be. I respect Nic so much that I wanted to make sure people that don't know him will get a better idea of him. Each of us at OPEN MAT RADIO have our guests that we are super fans of. This was my case with Nic. Hope I didn't come off as a loser.

Thanks everyone for the support. I love Nic's perspective on a lot of things and hope people they don't know him give him a listen. Thanks again!

Paul
paul@openmatradio.com Phone Post
2/5/13 2:47 AM
Tango_MF
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really good interview guys.
2/5/13 10:47 AM
kying418

MurdochIRL - 
kying418 - great interview- I'm really enjoying the questions you have been asking the guest.

Glad you liked it. I have to admit that I sometimes worry that I'm going to come off as a fanboy, or even worse, an idiot for certain interviews. Nic throwing back that support meant a lot. I appreciate London Real so much that I wanted the interview to flow and have good structure. I'm not saying I'm as good as LR but I strive to be. I respect Nic so much that I wanted to make sure people that don't know him will get a better idea of him. Each of us at OPEN MAT RADIO have our guests that we are super fans of. This was my case with Nic. Hope I didn't come off as a loser.

Thanks everyone for the support. I love Nic's perspective on a lot of things and hope people they don't know him give him a listen. Thanks again!

Paul

I think you come across as an intelligent person asking thoughtful questions.

I'm a huge fan of listening to podcasts, and probably listen to 99% of the bjj ones out there (even the obscure ones).

To me, your intelligent questions during interviews (and the length of your interviews) separate you from the others.

(don't worry tf- I still love you guys and think you guys are smart too.)
2/5/13 11:07 AM
Hugh Jaynus
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big fan of Nic's ever since I heard him on the Samsara podcast. Was hoping you guys would have him on some day. The interview did not disappoint. I really like his perspective on the art and you guys did a great job of conversing with him as opposed to it being a bunch of short questions and answers.
2/5/13 8:06 PM
le0nidis
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great interview guys. Nic is a very mindful self aware individual. It's always nice to hear people with different perspectives on BJJ and life.
2/5/13 8:12 PM
JSho
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hywel Teague - Nic's radio show London Real is very cool, they have some great guests. Him and Brian have a great thing going on there.

OMR should interview you about BJJ Hacks and the Red Belt documentary!
2/6/13 9:50 AM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

later
2/6/13 2:03 PM
MurdochIRL

JSho -
Hywel Teague - Nic's radio show London Real is very cool, they have some great guests. Him and Brian have a great thing going on there.

OMR should interview you about BJJ Hacks and the Red Belt documentary!
We've talked about it. Just need to make t happen. They've always got an open mic with us. Phone Post
2/8/13 2:37 PM
Richard_SPBJJ
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for those who haven't listened yet! Phone Post
2/12/13 4:18 AM
Alex17
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nic have just finished shooting a short movie with Stuart Cooper in Thailand...
I saw the first preview. Will be really cool.
2/12/13 6:22 AM
burner22
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for later Phone Post
2/12/13 8:54 AM
MurdochIRL

Alex17 - Nic have just finished shooting a short movie with Stuart Cooper in Thailand...
I saw the first preview. Will be really cool.
I'm sure the rest will be equally amazing! Phone Post
2/12/13 1:47 PM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff, intelligent take on BJJ.
2/12/13 2:13 PM
krept
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep, a really great podcast. Just finished listening to it this morning. Thanks for the hard work guys.
2/13/13 7:50 PM
Open Mat Radio
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for all the support guys. Nic has some very cool things in the worls. We can't wait to share with you. Just waiting to get the OK to do so.

2/14/13 12:03 AM
jrv
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MurdochIRL -

Paul
Nah, you did a great job dude. You asked good questions and seemed like you were genuinely interested in the conversation which is an important quality in an interview. Good stuff! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.