UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Changing angles while striking

2/6/13 6:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OUTCOLD
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Footwork sucks to train.

But show me a Great fighter be it MMA, Boxing or Muay Thai and they all have great footwork.
2/6/13 6:30 AM
Motivated Penn
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Rothwell uses angles like a motherfucker.
2/6/13 6:33 AM
Rusty Shackleford
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
2/6/13 6:34 AM
ken amtrack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Non training expert thread alert!!! This is why I love the UG..continue please Phone Post
2/6/13 6:35 AM
yellow c0ckahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Motivated Penn - Ben Rothwell uses angles like a motherfucker.

for 2 minutes. After that, he's a target.

2/6/13 6:38 AM
ken amtrack

Wait so fighters move and throw punches in like combinations..hey that would change the angle of a punch..awesome thread Phone Post
2/6/13 6:42 AM
Joe_Drogan420

ken amtrack -  Wait so fighters move and throw punches in like combinations..hey that would change the angle of a punch..awesome thread Phone Post

that's a good point bro, but not quite the OP was talking about i think.
it's one thing to change angle and pivot after, during a combination.
it's another to change angles with your footwork before throwing, and honestly footwork is something that mma fighters barely even work on.

please enlighten us with your deep breadth of knowledge on the subject as well please.
2/6/13 6:50 AM
ken amtrack

Thanks Joe my point made again Phone Post
2/6/13 6:51 AM
mclay
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread!! Phone Post
2/6/13 7:54 AM
ken amtrack

"Anthony Pettis' use of the cage is an example of intricate angle change"..Mkay Phone Post
2/6/13 7:56 AM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ANT_P1989 - Subway Sammich. Phone Post
. Phone Post
2/6/13 8:06 AM
ken amtrack

"DO NOT CROSS YOUR FEET"..GTFO..I stand corrected Chaos in China has a lot to offer the MMA community Phone Post
2/6/13 9:07 AM
Motivated Penn
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow c0ckahlc - 
Motivated Penn - Ben Rothwell uses angles like a motherfucker.

for 2 minutes. After that, he's a target.

Perhaps haha.. I love Rothwell though.
2/6/13 1:42 PM
Chaos in China
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Echo Bike USA, LLC, Director of Sales

ok, I'm getting started on this. Obviously I'll need to produce some videos since just describing it in text won't be very helpful. It will probably be a week or two before kineticmuaythai.com is live and the first videos are up. Until then I am open for suggestions and questions.

A little about me, the "Nomad of Muay Thai":

I started training Thai Boxing at Muay Thai Academy International in San Jose, CA in the early 90's. After training there a couple of years I trained at Fairtex in San Francisco for 3-4 years and then opened my own gym, Kinetic Muay Thai, in Tampa, FL. I was coaching in the Tampa area for 4-5 years before briefly coaching in Metairie, LA.

I popped up at AKA for a little while and then went to Atlanta and trained with Khunpon. After that I was a coach at LA Boxing in Littleton, CO and most recently was the coach for the Tankhead Fight Club in Shenzhen, China.

So now I'm back in the USA running my bicycle business and working a day job in a prototyping shop. In all my free time I will attempt to put together some videos and hopefully get some friends to help.

2/6/13 2:00 PM
barbarian
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub
2/6/13 2:12 PM
RAVUribe

Along with angles and footwork (which fighters tend to lack in mma) I'm gonna have to say head movement! ( I boxed for years and trained MT for a little over a year, then attended AKA for another two years before money got too tight so I'm not speakin out my ass) I'll be watching the fights and just cringe when I see these guys throw punches. Their head is either in the same spot or their chin is up.. Even worse sometimes I see them close their eyes during exchanges -_- it just kills me to watch.. Everyone wonders why aldo and silva are like gods in mma, it's not that hard to see. Well that and their reflexes, speed, and accuracy as well Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.