UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cro Cop comments on Overeem's loss

2/4/13 4:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
slamming
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SamboMMA -
303 - 
Zed Wayne Zed - So.....CroCop never took anything in Pride?

No he didn't. He has consistantly weighed the same thing throughout his career, and you can go back and look at that through his Pride fights.

I am good friends with a family member of Cro Cop can tell you that he is completely against any type of drug usage.

Exactly. Mirko has been about 220-230 his whole career. Sadly that's pretty small for a Heavyweight now a days. He could have easily had taken stuff and became UberCro-Cop but it obvious that he didn't.
Lol. It's blatantly obvious you know absolutely nothing about PEDs. Stop talking. Phone Post
2/4/13 4:27 PM
Yussarian
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

le -  Cue the pot/kettle. Phone Post

Didn't Antonio Silva piss hot too? Why is this not mentioned? It seems like some people look the other way when it is Big foot, Barnett, or Thiago. Bigfoot owes his "greatness" to exactly what these other fighters owe it to. Or not?
2/4/13 5:24 PM
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slamming - 
SamboMMA -
303 - 

No he didn't. He has consistantly weighed the same thing throughout his career, and you can go back and look at that through his Pride fights.

I am good friends with a family member of Cro Cop can tell you that he is completely against any type of drug usage.

Exactly. Mirko has been about 220-230 his whole career. Sadly that's pretty small for a Heavyweight now a days. He could have easily had taken stuff and became UberCro-Cop but it obvious that he didn't.
Lol. It's blatantly obvious you know absolutely nothing about PEDs. Stop talking. Phone Post

I am not sure if you are directing this comment at me or slamming, but I assure you I am VERY familiar with PEDs as I know many people that use them (not just MMA athletes), how they get around tests, etc.

My comment was simply implying that Cro Cop has been the same weight his entire career, so I was just clearing that up for the 12er.
2/4/13 5:37 PM
slamming

303 - 
slamming - 
SamboMMA -
303 - 

I am not sure if you are directing this comment at me or slamming, but I assure you I am VERY familiar with PEDs as I know many people that use them (not just MMA athletes), how they get around tests, etc.

My comment was simply implying that Cro Cop has been the same weight his entire career, so I was just clearing that up for the 12er.

Sorry, my comment was directed at SamboMMA's brilliant analysis of how to identify a PED user.
2/4/13 5:40 PM
slamming

nix1331 - 
PostOPandProudAMA -  Truth from a legit bad mother fucker. One thing you can say about mirko is he never looked physically different. Dude always looked the same. Phone Post

not really there were quite a few times he changed his physique....not saying its drugs more likely age but he has definatly changed he was much leaner in his early days in k1 than bulked up a few times in his mma career.....his legs seem to have gotten a bit smaller as well....or maybe other fighters legs got bigger cuz in k1 and pride he had massive fukin thighs in ufc i never really noticed it as much....still big but not as massive as they used to look imo

Thats true, he has focused less on his legs in his UFC tenure. His body fat has increased also, with some additional muscle in the UFC, but he slowed down tremendously.

Look at his legs during his first fight against Wanderlei. They are much larger than they ever were in the UFC.
2/4/13 6:15 PM
Ryan10
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I usually just lurk on here but i seem to recall alot of heat on Cro Cop after he appeared flat in the UFC after looking like a monster. It was bitter sweet watching Overeem lose, Been a fan since the Grand Prix but he was way too cocky and got what was coming to him. I've never understood the glass jaw comments. At Heavyweight he's been put out by some heavy hitters at HW. Kharitonov Hits like a truck and the shots that bigfoot landed would have put anybody asleep. At LHW he got beat again by guys who made their careers off of knocking people out. Shogun, liddell, Lil nog, and Arona in his prime. The HW division now is filled with people who can put anybody away on any given night. To the people who really think Alistair has no talent you are silly. He can still compete with many top HW's and win fights.

On a side note i have to say that stonephony takes the cake for biggest Overeem hater on the UG. He has been posting his disdain for the man on every thread i've read so far.
2/4/13 6:23 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm hoping to see pre-suspension Reem again.
2/4/13 6:24 PM
Porkchop

how can you not love cro cop? Mirko tells it like it is, shows respect to those who deserve it and is one beast of a fighter.
2/4/13 6:25 PM
Porkchop

Hocky Balboa - 

After reading all of that; I am convinced of two things:

Cro Cop is orcus!

orcus is Cro Cop!

*spits and gags uncontrollably*
2/4/13 6:52 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a dutchman the truth hurts....

But its still the truth. And i understand MR Cro-cop state of mind. Alister went past and beyond with his arrogance. It annoyed the fuck out of me. If you then perform the way he did you have a serious credibility problem.

I do hope he redeems himself. I do  think a focused Overeem can still beat someone like Silva (i also think he can challenge for the title but i do not think he can win against either Cormier,JDS or Cain).

Lets hope that Overeem learns from the experience,is a more humble in the future and changes his training up as well because those Blackzillian boys did not look good at all.

2/4/13 7:05 PM
EazyG

SNAP!

couldnt have said it better.
2/4/13 7:11 PM
EazyG

hey,

If Crocop can speak like this in person, he could be a good co-commentator with Rogan.

He knows the game, calls things the way he sees them, and has tons of experience/credibility. Is his English good?

Thoughts?
2/4/13 7:15 PM
bigdee1983420
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he has a point on overeem being cocky,alot people were cocky for him also. Even I was,it was humbling to see Alistair lose that way. Just shows that at HWT anybody can be knocked out. Nobodies chin is indestructible,getting hit on the button is getting hit on the button. He just generally didn't respect Bigfoot's power,and he paid for it. Its retarded though acting like hes the only one to possiblly take roids in MMA. I see more people bashing Reem than any other busted roider ever in mma. You could easily say Bigfoot is still on roids cause he got caught once. Its common knowledge that Pride was not tested at all,so there's scepticism there. People just need to come to realize that PED's will always be apart of sport. Stop acting like one of these holier than thou people. Your a hypocrite pretending like your perfect. I wanna see the best fights ever,could care less what these dudes/chicks are taking. This is not baseball,basketball,this fight training they go threw. Injuries are prone in that type of environment. In my opinion they all should be able to take PED's legally ala TRT. I agree it should be regulated intensely so there's an even playing field. At the end of the day money is on the line,and people are gonna do whatever it takes to support there families.
2/4/13 7:22 PM
patches

nothing to say..100% correct
2/4/13 8:09 PM
BuddyRevell
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/04/13 8:10 PM
epwar - LOL @ "entering the arena he acted like he invented the fighting sport."

http://www.fightsite.hr/ufc/cro-cop-overeem-was-too-arrogant-and-now-hes-been-put-in-his-place

"Watching the weigh-in, I saw that his muscles mass was nowhere near his usual, he had the weight, but he wasn't nearly as carved out and defined, since he couldn't take anything because he was watched by the Athletic Commission."

Wait, I thought he only looked less cut because of the lighting lol.

2/4/13 8:11 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nix1331 - 
PostOPandProudAMA -  Truth from a legit bad mother fucker. One thing you can say about mirko is he never looked physically different. Dude always looked the same. Phone Post

not really there were quite a few times he changed his physique....not saying its drugs more likely age but he has definatly changed he was much leaner in his early days in k1 than bulked up a few times in his mma career.....his legs seem to have gotten a bit smaller as well....or maybe other fighters legs got bigger cuz in k1 and pride he had massive fukin thighs in ufc i never really noticed it as much....still big but not as massive as they used to look imo

Yeah, in Japan his thighs looked FREAKISH...the Japanese nicknamed him "Meaty Thighs" Cro Cop for a reason...in UFC his legs looked thick, but nothing like the cartoonish thighs he sported and killed people w/ in Japan....even after he bulked up to 240lbs or so....I'm sure his horrific knee injury after the Gonzaga fight had something to do w/ it, but he didn't have the meaty thighs in the Gonzaga fight either.

And bigger UFC fighters has nothing to do with it...He had the thighs vs Ron Waterman and Alexander Emelianenko, etc.
2/4/13 8:14 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As for Allistaire...it really can't be said that lacking PED's in hius system or having lack of condidence had ANYTHING to do with his loss....Quite the contrary he was more overconfident than ever....and looked UBER stronger controlling the giant Silva when they clinched and tossing him about like a woman...he was KILLING and owning Antonio as a matter of fact both on the feet and the ground...His problem was complete overeconfidence...and even though he may or may not be chiiny as a HW....leaving your hands down and getting hit by 10 + full power head shots from that behemoth would kill ANYONE...Anyone that's ever met Bgfoot and shook his hand knows EXACTLY what I mean.
2/4/13 9:34 PM
BoondockJOSH
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm even a bigger fan if that's possible.. Phone Post
2/4/13 9:41 PM
Bipolar

dhas - 
Bisping NEEDS to retire - Out of interest, does anyone think Cro-Cop ever used? He fought in Pride during those years (picture prime Wand and tell me he was clean), and even Fedor hasn't come out without accusations, but I rarely hear people suggest it of Cro-Cop.

I'm pretty convinced he roided, i've heard it a lot too.

So you hate Mirko, (how the hell do you hate Cro Cop?) and then you accuse him of roiding. Did he bang your wife or something? The man has always conducted himself with class. Dick.
2/4/13 9:55 PM
stonepony

Ryan10 - I usually just lurk on here but i seem to recall alot of heat on Cro Cop after he appeared flat in the UFC after looking like a monster. It was bitter sweet watching Overeem lose, Been a fan since the Grand Prix but he was way too cocky and got what was coming to him. I've never understood the glass jaw comments. At Heavyweight he's been put out by some heavy hitters at HW. Kharitonov Hits like a truck and the shots that bigfoot landed would have put anybody asleep. At LHW he got beat again by guys who made their careers off of knocking people out. Shogun, liddell, Lil nog, and Arona in his prime. The HW division now is filled with people who can put anybody away on any given night. To the people who really think Alistair has no talent you are silly. He can still compete with many top HW's and win fights.

On a side note i have to say that stonephony takes the cake for biggest Overeem hater on the UG. He has been posting his disdain for the man on every thread i've read so far.

Is there a rule that says I have to like Overoids?... He's a massive cheater, he sat in SF for 4 years hiding from every half-decent opponent available, and his MMA prowess is all hype. It's not hate and it's not bashing, they're just facts.

"He can still compete with many top HW's and win fights."

Based on nothing... Maybe if he can take them down and hump them to death worse than Fitch. Otherwise, he gets knocked out. He almost humped his way to yet another lame win against an opponent whom he could not strike with. Chuck would still knock him out, despite the 200lbs of roid weight. Because Chuck is a great MMA striker. Bigfoot smashed Fedor in the cage, and that is more than Overeem has done in the cage. Bigfoot beat Arlovski standing, and that's more than Overeem has done in the cage.

What happened when roided-out-of-his-mind Alistair fought Mirko? Took him down, dry humped him, and smashed him in the balls until they stopped the fight.

2/4/13 10:38 PM
Porkchop

Common tho bro, Cro Cop is the man. He's an honourable guy and never says a bad thing about anyone. How could you hate him?
2/4/13 10:42 PM
stonepony

Porkchop - Common tho bro, Cro Cop is the man. He's an honourable guy and never says a bad thing about anyone. How could you hate him?

Agreed PC... Why would anybody hate him? Special Forces bad-ass, and obviously a sweet guy, he sings like a giant retard with Patt Barry, and he's always pulling pranks on people.

He was responsible for one of the best pranks ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD7rbu0w-10
2/5/13 12:02 AM
MMA6053
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - I'm hoping to see pre-suspension Reem again.

Tell the Commission (NSAC) to turn a blind eye and you probably will...
2/5/13 12:14 AM
SD CARTEL
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subbed
2/5/13 12:20 AM
sparkuri
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read that in a Cro Cop voice.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.