UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cro Cop comments on Overeem's loss

2/5/13 12:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMA6053
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - I'm hoping to see pre-suspension Reem again.

Tell the Commission (NSAC) to turn a blind eye and you probably will...
2/5/13 12:14 AM
SD CARTEL
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subbed
2/5/13 12:20 AM
sparkuri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read that in a Cro Cop voice.

2/5/13 12:23 AM
Elhoffo
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I liked Bas's opinion on the fight more , he pretty much blamed his lose on him leaving GG and not protecting his chin. Phone Post
2/5/13 12:34 AM
Porkchop

This video reminds me of how I don't have what it takes to be a fighter.

He's got a really rough injury, just coming off surgery, and he is still training as much as he possibly can. This is why this sport amazes and inspires me.

I would be at home on the couch gathering dust. He's in there against doctors orders doing everything he possibly can.
2/5/13 1:28 AM
Ryan10
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - 
Ryan10 - I usually just lurk on here but i seem to recall alot of heat on Cro Cop after he appeared flat in the UFC after looking like a monster. It was bitter sweet watching Overeem lose, Been a fan since the Grand Prix but he was way too cocky and got what was coming to him. I've never understood the glass jaw comments. At Heavyweight he's been put out by some heavy hitters at HW. Kharitonov Hits like a truck and the shots that bigfoot landed would have put anybody asleep. At LHW he got beat again by guys who made their careers off of knocking people out. Shogun, liddell, Lil nog, and Arona in his prime. The HW division now is filled with people who can put anybody away on any given night. To the people who really think Alistair has no talent you are silly. He can still compete with many top HW's and win fights.

On a side note i have to say that stonephony takes the cake for biggest Overeem hater on the UG. He has been posting his disdain for the man on every thread i've read so far.

Is there a rule that says I have to like Overoids?... He's a massive cheater, he sat in SF for 4 years hiding from every half-decent opponent available, and his MMA prowess is all hype. It's not hate and it's not bashing, they're just facts.

"He can still compete with many top HW's and win fights."

Based on nothing... Maybe if he can take them down and hump them to death worse than Fitch. Otherwise, he gets knocked out. He almost humped his way to yet another lame win against an opponent whom he could not strike with. Chuck would still knock him out, despite the 200lbs of roid weight. Because Chuck is a great MMA striker. Bigfoot smashed Fedor in the cage, and that is more than Overeem has done in the cage. Bigfoot beat Arlovski standing, and that's more than Overeem has done in the cage.

What happened when roided-out-of-his-mind Alistair fought Mirko? Took him down, dry humped him, and smashed him in the balls until they stopped the fight.

I never said you have to like him, i'm just pointing out that you blatantly hate him and ignore some facts. In SF he won the belt and true he defended the belt once. That was not his fault though. At the time he won they had no credible contender and they tried to build up AA before his lights were put out by Rodgers. He then fought Rodgers and beat hi. Bigfoot at the time was close to fighting until he lost to Werdum. Fedor's management had a lot to do with that fight not coming to fruition. He then fought Werdum in the Grad Prix and won cause Werdum butt flopped half the fight. Hiding is a funny word considering he fought every credible opponent that SF chose for him. I don't understand your whole theory about him taking down every opponent and "flopping his roid weight on them" In fights where he took people down he smashed them i.e Rodgers and the last fighter that he took down with the intention to submit was Hunt 5 years ago. To you that's a cheap win cause he's just using his roid weight but to any other fighter that's the logical thing to pursue considering Hunt's ground game is his weakness. Overeem was beating Mirko badly regardless of the nut shots cause he was fighting a Mirko who seemed to have little to no desire anymore.

Btw nothing you stated was fact it was your opinion on how he fights. If you consider pushing someone into the cage and kneeing them into oblivion is "flopping roid weight" on someone then you are an uneducated on the fight game friend.
2/5/13 2:49 AM
CindyO

Wish I could vote CroCop up!!!

Cindy

2/5/13 3:18 AM
Caught_clean
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree with everything he says and its awesome to hear him say it, although hes a bit misinformed about PEDs (they are not extremely unhealthy for instance), and Reem was definitely and is still using them, regardless of him being "slightly" less ripped he was still a jacked monster in there, sitting out for over a year not using he would look much much different. Overeem lost because of arrogance, and not giving Bigfoot respect and he got what he deserved.
2/5/13 3:39 AM
Soup Nazi
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good read

2/5/13 3:43 AM
Beatrix Kiddo
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crocop and Fedor. Never let me down. Pride 4 life. Phone Post
2/5/13 4:18 AM
Wicked smahtMF

this real?
2/5/13 10:36 AM
spliff
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Better than bas ruttens take on it Phone Post
2/5/13 10:39 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Foot is a roider too.
2/5/13 12:31 PM
soldave
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Porkchop - This video reminds me of how I don't have what it takes to be a fighter.

He's got a really rough injury, just coming off surgery, and he is still training as much as he possibly can. This is why this sport amazes and inspires me.

I would be at home on the couch gathering dust. He's in there against doctors orders doing everything he possibly can.

great post not seen that before.....
2/5/13 12:44 PM
ranier wolfcastle
885 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i always assumed cro was on roids in pride

many theorize he did terribly in the ufc since they test, and he couldnt do much roiding

regardless, i hated seeing him lose

2/5/13 1:57 PM
StratTone
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bigdee1983420 - I think he has a point on overeem being cocky,alot people were cocky for him also. Even I was,it was humbling to see Alistair lose that way. Just shows that at HWT anybody can be knocked out. Nobodies chin is indestructible,getting hit on the button is getting hit on the button. He just generally didn't respect Bigfoot's power,and he paid for it. Its retarded though acting like hes the only one to possiblly take roids in MMA. I see more people bashing Reem than any other busted roider ever in mma. You could easily say Bigfoot is still on roids cause he got caught once. Its common knowledge that Pride was not tested at all,so there's scepticism there. People just need to come to realize that PED's will always be apart of sport. Stop acting like one of these holier than thou people. Your a hypocrite pretending like your perfect. I wanna see the best fights ever,could care less what these dudes/chicks are taking. This is not baseball,basketball,this fight training they go threw. Injuries are prone in that type of environment. In my opinion they all should be able to take PED's legally ala TRT. I agree it should be regulated intensely so there's an even playing field. At the end of the day money is on the line,and people are gonna do whatever it takes to support there families.

Wow if you could see what I am reading in your post I don't think you would have written it.  lol 

You think that people should be aloud to use PEDs, but only TRT, and only so much to make it even.............

Think about that for a second. 

2/5/13 1:58 PM
abi
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri - 

I read that in a Cro Cop voice.

Same here, LOL. Voted up.
2/5/13 2:09 PM
Mihow

Showboating is part of the fun

Can't deny that he looked awful in the fight tho

Hope he comes back Overeefic ( I tried! ) Phone Post
2/5/13 2:44 PM
sureshock

Right leg hospital
Left leg cemetary
2/5/13 3:28 PM
MCchoke

ttt
2/5/13 4:19 PM
all the little jimmys

Good read
2/5/13 7:57 PM
bigdee1983420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StratTone - 
bigdee1983420 - I think he has a point on overeem being cocky,alot people were cocky for him also. Even I was,it was humbling to see Alistair lose that way. Just shows that at HWT anybody can be knocked out. Nobodies chin is indestructible,getting hit on the button is getting hit on the button. He just generally didn't respect Bigfoot's power,and he paid for it. Its retarded though acting like hes the only one to possiblly take roids in MMA. I see more people bashing Reem than any other busted roider ever in mma. You could easily say Bigfoot is still on roids cause he got caught once. Its common knowledge that Pride was not tested at all,so there's scepticism there. People just need to come to realize that PED's will always be apart of sport. Stop acting like one of these holier than thou people. Your a hypocrite pretending like your perfect. I wanna see the best fights ever,could care less what these dudes/chicks are taking. This is not baseball,basketball,this fight training they go threw. Injuries are prone in that type of environment. In my opinion they all should be able to take PED's legally ala TRT. I agree it should be regulated intensely so there's an even playing field. At the end of the day money is on the line,and people are gonna do whatever it takes to support there families.

Wow if you could see what I am reading in your post I don't think you would have written it.  lol 

You think that people should be aloud to use PEDs, but only TRT, and only so much to make it even.............

Think about that for a second. 

Read between the lines my friend. I'm saying all PED's should legal.
2/5/13 8:14 PM
12SixElbow
614 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/5/13 8:27 PM
confusionSay
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cro Cop came up in the Pride culture, which reflected the japanese culture: They respected CHARACTER. Cro Cop was worthy of respect in how he conducted himself, as a regular human being who was tough and sharp and most of all who LOVES FIGHTING. There's few reputations better than "respectable warrior", and that's Mirko.
2/5/13 11:59 PM
Porkchop

dhas - 
stonepony - 
Porkchop - Common tho bro, Cro Cop is the man. He's an honourable guy and never says a bad thing about anyone. How could you hate him?

Agreed PC... Why would anybody hate him? Special Forces bad-ass, and obviously a sweet guy, he sings like a giant retard with Patt Barry, and he's always pulling pranks on people.

He was responsible for one of the best pranks ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD7rbu0w-10

Some people just rub me off, secially since a lot of times after his losses he started to say about injuries and shit, whatever, i'm not going to love the guy but i can admit when he's right or wrong.
Deal with it, not everyone thinks the same as you.

Wait a minute......

Did Mirko Filipovic rub you off???

This could be UG news worthy material here!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.