UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Disappointed in Maia cheapshot off touch

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/4/13 12:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Evadmils
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xakx - Stop crying about the fence grabbing it did nothing to effect the outcome of the fight.

Dry humping from behind effected the outcome of the fight.

If this guys is such a BJJ master why couldn't he submit him? Does Fitch carry a high ranking black belt that i didn't know about?
Lol Phone Post
2/4/13 12:11 PM
hubris
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - 

lol

nice
Hob
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xakx - Stop crying about the fence grabbing it did nothing to effect the outcome of the fight.

If this guys is such a BJJ master why couldn't he submit him? Does Fitch carry a high ranking black belt that i didn't know about?

Ummm yes?

He got his blackbelt from Dave Camarillo.  BJ Penn couldn't sub him either.

Masakyst
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - 

Sorry to distract from the Maia thing, but I need to know more about this gif. Story? Link to video?
2/4/13 12:12 PM
HandyDarsh
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xakx - Stop crying about the fence grabbing it did nothing to effect the outcome of the fight.

Isn't the fact that Fitch was helpess for the first time in his career enough to prove Maia"s excellence in grappling?
Give Fitch some credit for sub defense, he's never been subbed since his mma debut 30 fights ago. Phone Post
2/4/13 12:25 PM
DanEzra
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Masakyst - 
NorthFromHere - 

Sorry to distract from the Maia thing, but I need to know more about this gif. Story? Link to video?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/09/nba-rockets-mascot-cake-attack/1820181/

2/4/13 12:56 PM
aarondramp
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone have a gif of this? I remember it quick but don't remember anything cheap at the time.
2/4/13 1:30 PM
Rival School
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere -

Change the Laker fan to Overeem. Phone Post
2/4/13 1:34 PM
Silverball
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That explains round one.
2/4/13 1:37 PM
Kostakio
782 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rival School -
NorthFromHere -

Change the Laker fan to Overeem. Phone Post
hahahaha Phone Post
2/4/13 1:38 PM
lenz0799

Fitch complaining about being Fitched was, IMO, the most pathetic thing. Throwing his hands up in frustration? Guess he doesn't like the taste of his own medicine.
2/4/13 1:56 PM
shatefak

Archer0545 -
Crooklyn -

I was more disappointed with how many times Fitch grabbed the fence.

This Phone Post
double this Phone Post
2/4/13 2:09 PM
sgotwalks
2988 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rival School -  B.S. in for GIF Phone Post

this

2/4/13 2:11 PM
Uncle Muay Thai
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HELWIG -

Yes, Im aware that "Im mad, bro" and the world's smallest violin is playing just for me. Thanks. Go check out the "Lesnar/Overeem 2!?" thread, more up your speed.

Ive been a big Maia fan from day one. My friends and I would joke that the guy's he was creaming were BJJ black belts and you might actually be better of not being one since he knows all your shit better than you do.

But I really didnt like his tactic of "suckershooting" on Fitch. It spoiled the dynamic of the whole fight and left Fitch totally out of gas for the next 2 rounds.

If you want to shoot immediately, dont initiate a glove touch. Its equally as shitty as sticking your hand out and throwing a punch when the guy responds.

I hate all glove touching period. Its laughable in my opinion to be playing grabass during a live round of a professional fight.

But this gray area really needs to go. I wanted to see this awesome matchup playout on neutral grounds and instead, one deceitful move by Maia set the entire fight on a different course that it didnt return from.

Amazing back control from Maia and defense from Fitch.

It's a fight. One it starts either fighter are permitted to do as they wish (within the rules obviously). Instead of criticising Maia, perhaps it should be a case of Fitch should of been ready and anticipated the shot. Maia dominated all 3 rounds anyway so the glove touch doesn't matter anyway. Phone Post
2/4/13 2:12 PM
hubris
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a lot of complainers

Maia completely dominated Fitch, I really enjoyed that fight.
2/4/13 2:16 PM
r_o_y

Crooklyn - 

This
2/4/13 2:22 PM
Winston Wolf
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is a fight Touching gloves is not smart
2/4/13 2:23 PM
TexDeuce
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - 

LOL
2/4/13 2:25 PM
likatiga
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's what he does
2/4/13 2:29 PM
Rear Naked Chode
814 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gif or no dice.
2/4/13 2:33 PM
Saltyballs
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

r_o_y -
Crooklyn - 

This
. Phone Post
2/4/13 2:35 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't notice Maia doing that, i did however notice jon constantly grabbing the fence. Did he ever even let go of the fence? Phone Post
2/4/13 2:40 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitch really had some balls to be complaining in the third. Phone Post
2/4/13 2:45 PM
sweetagony

I view these are two totally seperate issues. I see fighters breaking the rules quite often, grabbing the fence, grabbing shorts, grabbing gloves, strikes to the back of the head... and so on. Sometimes I believe its intentional, somestimes I believe its in the heat of the battle. There is always reason to debate that issue.

Touching gloves and simultaneously shooting in my opinion is a seperate issue. It is not breaking any rules. Its a sportsmanship issue. I put blame on Fitch for not being prepared at all times. However, I personally lose a lot of respect for fighters who touch/shoot. To me, they are mixing sportsmanship with gamesmanship, and I think that reflects on the persons lack of character. You may feel different and that's ok. If you don't believe in the sportmanship of touching gloves, great, don't do it and just fight. Just my 2 cents.
2/4/13 2:46 PM
dentalninja
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't see a cheap shot. Just a quick glove touch and then down to business.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.