UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Disappointed in Maia cheapshot off touch

2/4/13 2:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dentalninja
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't see a cheap shot. Just a quick glove touch and then down to business.
2/4/13 2:49 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix - I can't wait till this event plays on Fuel TV, which I love so much, as I didn't see this fight, and simply can't envision Maia controlling Fitch.

Yeah it was kind of shocking. Take down after take down you could see the frustration wearing on Fitch.
2/4/13 2:51 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  Fitch really had some balls to be complaining in the third. Phone Post

Yeah that was kind of ironic considering Fitch has always said, "if you can't stop my wrestling then that's too bad."
2/4/13 2:54 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix - I can't wait till this event plays on Fuel TV, which I love so much, as I didn't see this fight, and simply can't envision Maia controlling Fitch.
He spent 15 minutes on fitch's back. Phone Post
2/4/13 2:55 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Saltyballs -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  Fitch really had some balls to be complaining in the third. Phone Post

Yeah that was kind of ironic considering Fitch has always said, "if you can't stop my wrestling then that's too bad."
Exactly. Phone Post
2/4/13 2:56 PM
hubris
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia's wrestling was clearly superior to Fitch's

some great skill there
2/4/13 3:04 PM
KC007

In for gif. Phone Post
2/4/13 3:10 PM
DonFrye_Fan

Fitch got out-fitched. Move along. Nothing to see here. Phone Post
2/4/13 3:12 PM
IIAces

I saw it. Phone Post
2/4/13 3:12 PM
hubris
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that was the best fight of the night
2/4/13 3:13 PM
hubris

2/4/13 3:16 PM
shb
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"if you want to touch gloves, do it now" they already tell these guys to not touch gloves once the fight starts, they just don't listen
2/4/13 3:20 PM
Yun
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i didnt really care for this fight or any other fights for glove touch but i think its pretty lame. before the actual fights, they all had multiple opportunities for pressers, staredowns, and weighnnstance, bla bla... to shake each others hand and even RIghT before the fight starts, ref will give u another opportunity to touch gloves. so after ALLLLL of that, to touch glove again is just unnecessary Phone Post
2/4/13 3:34 PM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Troll thread

Fitch was fucked no matter what Phone Post
2/4/13 3:44 PM
MTH
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with folks suggesting that Maia wasn't really going to globe touch at all. He was thinking "shoot, shoot, shoot" and then saw Fitch's glove extended for the touch. So, touch and shoot.

I was a bit surprised by how quick the shot came and Fitch may have been too, but lets be honest: It wasn't close in the grappling department. I think Fitch expected Maia would go back to striking for this fight in light of Fitch's sub defense. Instead, Maia went straight to Fitch's strength, basically gambling that he's just that awesome. And apparently he is.

I didn't see the shoot as unsportsmanlike, and I came away very impressed by Maia. I'm thrilled he's gone back to grappling. I really missed that early MW Maia that use to turn everybody inside out. Phone Post
2/4/13 3:49 PM
ChaosOverkill
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 

C'mon that was fair and square, he touched the glove waited till he pulled his hand back then shot.

Yes it was fast but not cheap from where I see it

2/4/13 3:49 PM
hubris

nick diaz nut hugger - 

nothing wrong with that

Maia is all class, respectful.
2/4/13 3:53 PM
Bucephalus

lil rampage got CREtired - 
NorthFromHere - 

ROFL WTF

Staged.. fake Lakers fan gets owned as part of Houston promo skit.
2/4/13 4:14 PM
Focker101
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Fitch stopped the shot it would be a non issue

See Hominick vs Zombie

Defend yourself at all times

Totally agree no need for the glove touching at all Phone Post
2/4/13 4:15 PM
KZTT_W85
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That gif! Phone Post
2/4/13 4:20 PM
wiggum
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks fair.
2/4/13 4:28 PM
Bucephalus

There wasn't anything cheap about that touch.
2/4/13 4:33 PM
MadmanGadman
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I kind of agree with op. I it was a punch thrown I think everyone would be pissed, so it should be the same with takedowns. Phone Post
2/4/13 4:55 PM
UGSlapshot

oldwrestler - instituting the glove touch during ref instructions and coming out of the corner fighting would stop any questions on glove touching

the worst are mid-round glove touches for a good exchange

They do that already, lol.

You've never herd "If you want to touch gloves do it now" by a ref? Its just something that's a habit from sparing/training that signifys your ready.

After the ref starts the fight its all legal and tbh if you get suckered the blame should prob rest on you.

That's my take anyway. Phone Post
2/4/13 5:06 PM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bucephalus -
lil rampage got CREtired - 
NorthFromHere - 

ROFL WTF

Staged.. fake Lakers fan gets owned as part of Houston promo skit.
I'm glad your here to explain this. I thought someone died! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.