UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Disappointed in Maia cheapshot off touch

2/4/13 5:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jaybrone
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - 
danggook - Worst post ever. Suckershoot? What fight were you watching. Phone Post
He's right though. I said the same thing when I watched it.

P.S. Stop with the touching of gloves already! Save it for after the fight. Phone Post

Protect yourself at ALL times. That means from bell to bell you have to protect yourself.

2/4/13 5:43 PM
Barbalos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have no problem with that. See Struve/Morecraft for an actual cheapshot. This was touch then shoot, not touch while shooting. Fitch grabbing the fence was actually legitimately a foul.
2/4/13 5:47 PM
Yelm
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely disagree with OP.  Fitch had time to pull the hand back and attempted to defend the takedown.

2/4/13 5:50 PM
JCSUPERMAN
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hubris - 
nick diaz nut hugger - 

nothing wrong with that

Maia is all class, respectful.

I agree!

2/4/13 5:52 PM
Clarence Parents
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JCSUPERMAN - 
hubris - 
nick diaz nut hugger - 

nothing wrong with that

I agree!

2/4/13 5:57 PM
INDK
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crooklyn -

I was more disappointed with how many times Fitch grabbed the fence.

Indeed, that's something Fitch never does Phone Post
2/4/13 6:03 PM
ChaosOverkill
565 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

INDK - 
Crooklyn -

I was more disappointed with how many times Fitch grabbed the fence.

Indeed, that's something Fitch never does Phone Post

Normally he isn't put in that type of position

2/4/13 6:14 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - 

Lolllllllllll
2/4/13 6:18 PM
Bucephalus

BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat - 
Bucephalus -
lil rampage got CREtired - 
NorthFromHere - 

ROFL WTF

Staged.. fake Lakers fan gets owned as part of Houston promo skit.
I'm glad your here to explain this. I thought someone died! Phone Post

You seem insecure.
2/4/13 6:53 PM
dentalninja
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was proud of Maia for being aggressive and not pretending to be a kickboxer. Fuck glove touching, except before the fight.

He owned Fitch. Excuses or not. It was nice to see Fitch, 'Fitched'.

And I like Fitch.
2/4/13 7:45 PM
puss'nmitts
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor Fitch. All he wanted was to bang.
2/4/13 7:57 PM
tempus

MTH -  I agree with folks suggesting that Maia wasn't really going to globe touch at all. He was thinking "shoot, shoot, shoot" and then saw Fitch's glove extended for the touch. So, touch and shoot.

I was a bit surprised by how quick the shot came and Fitch may have been too, but lets be honest: It wasn't close in the grappling department. I think Fitch expected Maia would go back to striking for this fight in light of Fitch's sub defense. Instead, Maia went straight to Fitch's strength, basically gambling that he's just that awesome. And apparently he is.

I didn't see the shoot as unsportsmanlike, and I came away very impressed by Maia. I'm thrilled he's gone back to grappling. I really missed that early MW Maia that use to turn everybody inside out. Phone Post

Gambling that he is that awesome? I think it was apparant before the fight that Maia is many levels beyond fitch in grappling technique, and Maia is obviously going to know that more than any of us.
2/4/13 8:02 PM
Jerkie
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i agree with OP...was cheap...Fitch grabbing the fence was cheap but not as bad as shooting like he did
2/4/13 8:08 PM
hubris
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/4/13 8:12 PM
justfighting

Fitch was standing there totally asking for it(very slow)... They touched gloves and the fight was on well and truly.
2/4/13 8:20 PM
Jared Vergara

Are you guys kidding yea he shot shortly after the glove touch Fitch even backed up if you guys look. So if Fitch had the chance to back up Maia didn't shoot immediately. OP makes it sound like he did a Gumburyan vs Cox kind of glove touch.
2/4/13 8:22 PM
hubris
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/4/13 8:33 PM
Beards
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Totally agree with you.
2/4/13 8:37 PM
Rival School

Rival School -
NorthFromHere -

Change the Laker fan to Overeem. Phone Post
Since we know OP is trolling today someone please make this a Silva/Overeem GIF. Your welcome in advance on your vote ups Phone Post
2/4/13 8:47 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clarence Parents -
JCSUPERMAN - 
hubris - 
nick diaz nut hugger - 

nothing wrong with that

I agree!

. Phone Post
2/4/13 8:49 PM
Sakuraba belt
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am more disappointed with Fitch's haircut. Man, what is he thinking?!?!
2/4/13 9:25 PM
KingD87
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere -

Haha fuck yeah what's the story behind this complete ownage Phone Post
2/4/13 9:30 PM
Winston Wolf

that wasnt bad at all
2/4/13 9:34 PM
MTH
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tempus -
MTH -  I agree with folks suggesting that Maia wasn't really going to globe touch at all. He was thinking "shoot, shoot, shoot" and then saw Fitch's glove extended for the touch. So, touch and shoot.

I was a bit surprised by how quick the shot came and Fitch may have been too, but lets be honest: It wasn't close in the grappling department. I think Fitch expected Maia would go back to striking for this fight in light of Fitch's sub defense. Instead, Maia went straight to Fitch's strength, basically gambling that he's just that awesome. And apparently he is.

I didn't see the shoot as unsportsmanlike, and I came away very impressed by Maia. I'm thrilled he's gone back to grappling. I really missed that early MW Maia that use to turn everybody inside out. Phone Post

Gambling that he is that awesome? I think it was apparant before the fight that Maia is many levels beyond fitch in grappling technique, and Maia is obviously going to know that more than any of us.
Lol--fair enough.

But I honestly didn't expect THAT much dominance over Fitch on the mat. I mean the guy's name has become a verb--you get "Fitch'd." He's a heck of a grappler.

I pictured Maia slowly overcoming Fitch in the grappling department, not just taking his back like he's a newb over and over and over. Phone Post
2/4/13 10:31 PM
joe canada
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP gets the rarest of the rare JoeCanada vote up.

Huge fan of both men, but if Maia were a card player, that would be angling.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.