UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Abdominal wall pain

2/4/13 3:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gord96
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys.

For the last few years I get moderate pain all over my abdominal wall. Usually in different places. I have gone to the doc a few times had he says my abs are a 'minefield of scar tissue' and that the pains probably comes from strains.

There are no internal symptoms with the pain like nausea, upset stomach, vomiting, jaundice, etc. From research on the internet it seems like that without internal symptoms, they probably are just strains or small tears.

My guess it is from all the wacky stuff I did when I used to fight to condition my abs. Anyways just curious if anyone else has something like this. Thanks!
2/5/13 1:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
factchecker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with your doc and think you researched correct.

In my case I went to the doc after the pain in my abs lasted a few weeks(I was thinking it was something internal). I did not know why it happened. The doc ultrasound-scanned me, saying that he saw some mild bleeding in the ab muscle area. I was referred to an orthopedic surgeon who prescribed some ointment.

A couple of weeks later, I went back to the doc because the pain got no better. He just laughed and said to stop using the ointment.

I just kept doing exercises that did not bother the "injured" area. I was able to do tricep extensions using a specialized machine but somehow felt an intense pain doing tri extensions with the lat pulldown bar. It was a good lesson for me because I learned that a slight angle difference in movements can make a huge difference.

It took about 6 months for the pain to completely go away, but I was not worried about it at all because I was convinced that there was nothing wrong with my internal organs.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.