UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> German volume training - help needed

2/4/13 5:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
manzuri
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok so I've been lifting for a while now and I've finally got my BW up to 170lbs but I've been stuck there for a few months so I decided to try out a GVT routine to push past my plateau.

The program goes like this:
Mon-
Benchpress
Military press
Tricep extensions

Wed-
Dynamic rows
Curls

Fri-
Squats
Leg curls
Calf raises

All sets are done for 10*10 at 50-60% of your 1RM

My issue is that its the first day of my second week and there was a substantial decrease in my numbers.

My first chest day I did sets 1-7 for 10 reps sets 8 for 9 reps and 9-10 for 8 reps all at 115lbs.

Today however I hit failure on set 5 on my 8th rep barely got 5 on set 6 so I dropped it down to 105 still barely got 7 on set 8 set 9 I got 5 so i dropped it down to 100 for set 10 still only got 6 reps.

My question is, is this kind of decrease in performance normal for this type of training program or is overtraining to blame?

Ive been trying to keep my caloric intake at around 3000-3500 calories daily and have been getting around 7-9 hours of sleep a night. I also did some normal rolling for about 30minutes on the days I lifted as well. Phone Post
2/4/13 10:37 PM
blaznbison24
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used the program a few years ago and really prospered after a few weeks. Your numbers probably went down because you are still breaking yourself down and haven't had a chance to recover and rebuild. Give it 2-3 more weeks and see where you are.
2/5/13 5:47 PM
KingGo
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blaznbison24 - I used the program a few years ago and really prospered after a few weeks. Your numbers probably went down because you are still breaking yourself down and haven't had a chance to recover and rebuild. Give it 2-3 more weeks and see where you are.
Probably this and overtraining. The only reason I mention that is bc you yourself think its possible, and odds are your noticing some signs from your body that this is occuring. Ultimatly only you will know your limita, and the fact that youve expressed cncerns probably means you are Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.