2/4/13 6:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nofatchicks
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's not really all that good.
2/4/13 6:43 PM
sgotwalks
1489 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/04/13 6:43 PM

Why weren't those people posting their bet slips on the UG before the fight. The odds with Bigfoot were great. Fact of the matter is even though Pride fans were aware of his history, pretty much all of them were still fooled by his big muscley physique and recent succeses.

2/4/13 6:45 PM
eXtv

nofatchicks - He's not really all that good.

Hindsight is 20/20, and the vast majority of people were saying before the fight that he was going to run through Bigfoot.

2/4/13 6:46 PM
nofatchicks

sgotwalks - 

Why weren't those people posting their bet slips on the UG before the fight. The odds with Bigfoot were great. Fact of the matter is even though Pride fans were aware of his history, pretty much all of them were still fooled by his big muscley physique and recent succeses.

A lot of gheyboys on the mma internets.
2/4/13 6:48 PM
nofatchicks

eXtv - 

Hindsight is 20/20, and the vast majority of people were saying before the fight that he was going to run through Bigfoot.

As mentioned before, a lot of people thought he was something he wasn't when he started the horse meat diet. To me, he'll always be the guy that Chack kicked into Bolivia.
2/4/13 6:48 PM
nofatchicks

Mr Mister - 
eXtv -

This. Posters here are hilarious.

Acting like you all knew all along that Bigfoot would beat him. What a joke Phone Post

I didn't know Silva would beat him, I just knew he was overrated by the gheys that like guys with big muscles.
2/4/13 6:49 PM
eXtv

Mr Mister - 
eXtv -

Acting like you all knew all along that Bigfoot would beat him. What a joke Phone Post

I see this all the time after an upset loss, all these gloating douchebags come out of the woodwork acting like they called it all along and they knew something we all didn't.

nofatchicks is just the latest in an unimaginably long line.

2/4/13 6:51 PM
nofatchicks

I didn't say I knew he would lose, I said he's not all that good. There's a difference. In a battle of steroid monkeys, it's hard to predict who will outsteroid his opponent.
2/4/13 7:30 PM
Nexuscrawlers
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I knew he was overrated and this fight wasn't going to be a cakewalk for Overeem. Overeem is a great fighter, but he isn't some unbeatable monster. He doesn't do well against guys who are very tough with lots of heart. Bigfoot is that kind of guy (see also Chuck Liddel, Kharitonov etc) Phone Post
2/4/13 7:50 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is good, he just freezes the moment he gets tagged with a clean shot, and a good finisher can put him away. His defense in K1 approved dramatically because he could create that barrier with the big gloves but everyone knows that doesn't work as well in MMA.

And I'm not knocking him, but it's a fact he doesn't react to punches as well as a lot of his peers do. That being said, it's amazing he wasn't knocked out cold against Bigfoot.. he was still staring at him as he crumpled to the canvas.

2/4/13 10:00 PM
G-Hands
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/04/13 10:15 PM
Overeem is very good.

He was dominating Bigfoot until he decided to throw strategy out the window.

Lest we not forget how he started his career, nor how good he was after the rough patch, nor how well rounded he is.
2/4/13 10:10 PM
Vale_Tudo_83
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont be a bitch, I knew how he did in pride at lhw but he was undefeated at hw and he was kicking ppls asses. fact is roid reem is a beast....not so much off the roids tho... Phone Post
2/4/13 10:13 PM
Vale_Tudo_83
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Plus he WAS winning till he got ktfo. If he had respected bigfoot more he would have won imo Phone Post
2/4/13 10:14 PM
Eunuchorn
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is good. He has all the skill he needs to beat any man on the planet.

But he is flawed too. He never reacts well to pressure and getting hit.
2/4/13 10:14 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never thought he was that great (relative to top level talent, of course) but I still thought he was gonna smash Bigfoot.
2/4/13 10:25 PM
Taz Styles
3352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vale_Tudo_83 -  Plus he WAS winning till he got ktfo. If he had respected bigfoot more he would have won imo Phone Post

Didn't Silva only land 3 strikes in the 1st round, and round 2 was that close either.

2/4/13 10:57 PM
vieages
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet on silva, Maia, and lil nog. Only regret was it wasn't a parlay. I can only imagine what that would have been Phone Post
2/5/13 3:52 AM
Soup Nazi
1475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

arrogance got the better of him

2/5/13 4:03 AM
Smellde Gluve
613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soup Nazi - 

arrogance got the better of him

I agree with this.

He seemed like he was so overconfident that he didn't think he needed to do anything to win the fight.

2/5/13 4:07 AM
Drugs_Delaney
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nofatchicks - 
Mr Mister - 
eXtv -

I didn't know Silva would beat him, I just knew he was overrated by the gheys that like guys with big muscles.

this, but i knew he would beat him. i never thought reem was %100 going to lose, but him not being the huge intimidating guy was eventually gonna mentally bring out the skinny 205er that gives up once he is broken mentally.
2/5/13 12:23 PM
nofatchicks

He folds under pressure, always has. The grappling hw's in the UFC will always be able to break him.
2/5/13 12:25 PM
Neil Funk

I saw him get slept too many times to ever take him very seriously.
2/5/13 12:46 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

reem often fought well til he gassed in the final round and got finished

2/5/13 12:51 PM
LFTM
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nofatchicks - I didn't say I knew he would lose, I said he's not all that good. There's a difference. In a battle of steroid monkeys, it's hard to predict who will outsteroid his opponent.
Someone really likes talking about gay people. Must be your desires slipping through.

Overrun is a solid striker. Top tier? Not quite but he's clearly not horrible. Phone Post
2/5/13 3:18 PM
IHangFromBJsBallSack

To be honest. I didn't think Bigfoot would beat him, but I also didn't know how small reem got over his suspension. Also how he would act during that fight. But I did know he wouldn't get past Cain or JDS. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.