UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What people that watched Pride know about Reem

2/5/13 3:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
epwar
604 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr Mister - 
eXtv -
nofatchicks - He's not really all that good.

Hindsight is 20/20, and the vast majority of people were saying before the fight that he was going to run through Bigfoot.

This. Posters here are hilarious.

Acting like you all knew all along that Bigfoot would beat him. What a joke Phone Post

Shit, have you not read the posters talking crap about Overeem for years?

BTW, as far as saying Bigfoot will beat him, here was my official prediction on the Bigfoot hype train before the fight:

I'm on it!

Bigfoot does his talking in the cage and has a legit great win over a guy considered one of the best.  Overeem's biggest win in MMA in the last 7 years is...Brock (LOL!).  Plus, Overeem looked horrible against Werdum (a fight his fans tend to forget).  If Bigfoot survives the first 3 minutes, he's got this.

2/6/13 12:10 PM
nofatchicks
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People that have been following mma for a while know that big muscle overeem is the same as skinny overeem just with even less gas than he had before.
2/6/13 12:41 PM
ShawnTheBadger
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eunuchorn - He is good. He has all the skill he needs to beat any man on the planet.

But he is flawed too. He never reacts well to pressure and getting hit.

This.

Somebody said he was like Frank Mir with opposite skillsets. Which is an accurate assessment.

Dangerous as hell to any HW on a given night. But not without flaws.

In Pride he was highly competitive, in the UFC he is highly competitive.
2/6/13 1:18 PM
nofatchicks

Animal Mother - 
nofatchicks - He's not really all that good.
For the first round he's always been fantastic, but that was it. This is very far from an " I told you so " moment. Phone Post

Is this THE Animal Mother? I log on for the first time in years to have a laugh and I have an AM sighting. WTF?
2/6/13 1:23 PM
chokeyou

nofatchicks - He's not really all that good.

yep...

People forget.. He left the Strikeforce turny cuz he didnt want to fight Big Foot. ,
2/6/13 2:01 PM
Steven McTowelie
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -

reem often fought well til he gassed in the final round and got finished

I say this. I always liked Reem back in the day but I never understood how he went from a good fighter I rooted for that constantly gassed after strong starts to an invincible indestructible machine once he became huge. Nothing changed except his weight class...it felt at the time like everyone had super short memories and got blinded by the muscles. I never understood that HW hype around him.

That said, it's not like I was running around screaming that Big Foot would take him out before the fight. Phone Post
2/7/13 8:44 PM
MattyECB
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sgotwalks - 

Why weren't those people posting their bet slips on the UG before the fight. The odds with Bigfoot were great. Fact of the matter is even though Pride fans were aware of his history, pretty much all of them were still fooled by his big muscley physique and recent succeses.

Hey I watched Pride, have always been tentative of the Reem-train and was still sure he was going to beat Bigfoot...

Even with the odds being good, I wouldn't have done it.

And actually, I still can't believe how hard Reem shat the bed lol I'll still be a fan in the future, but he really did give the rope to hang himself.
Showed the fight IQ and maturity of Terry Schiavo when she battled the feeding tube

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.