UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson is goat but...

2/4/13 6:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a huge Anderson fan and he's the goat. But him and Jose Aldo are only separated by hairs on the p4p list.. And if Aldo goes through Pettis kz and Ricardo the way I think he will anderson will need to beat either gsp or jones to remain no. 1 p4p. Both are fucking amazing fighters. Just giving Aldo his due as a truly elite killer. Phone Post
2/4/13 7:01 PM
Barbalos

I think Aldo has quite a ways to go to catch to Silva. He has a lot more years left than Silva, so he may do it in time, but I don't think it's really close at the moment.
2/4/13 7:01 PM
nolabrum
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with you. IF Anderson took out Jon Jones though it would hard for him to ever be eclipsed.
2/4/13 7:22 PM
ortman166

nolabrum - I agree with you. IF Anderson took out Jon Jones though it would hard for him to ever be eclipsed.
Yeah definitely. Phone Post
2/4/13 7:35 PM
Publicnoose

Jose Aldo and a silva should fight each other Phone Post
2/4/13 7:38 PM
sparkuri

Apparently I don't know what p4p means still.

I just imagine a gigantic(6'2") Jose Aldo killing every man on earth.

2/4/13 7:40 PM
nolabrum
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri - 

Or imagine a tiny (5'6) Anderson Silva running into that tree where they make cookies and owning all those lil guys in there.
2/4/13 7:52 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

P4P is tough, but I too have Aldo right behind Anderson.

Anderson feels Jose is #1 though....

2/4/13 7:53 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 02/04/13 8:03 PM

DOUBLES

2/4/13 7:56 PM
warrendale

To be fair Anderson is finishing people in entertaining fashion while Aldo has looked less than his best since the UFC merger with the exception to the Mendez fight. Phone Post
2/4/13 8:05 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

warrendale -  To be fair Anderson is finishing people in entertaining fashion while Aldo has looked less than his best since the UFC merger with the exception to the Mendez fight. Phone Post

Agreed, but to counter that Aldo hasn't been dominated and come within minutes of losing a fight in the past 3 years. :) (yes that was hard to type as the Andy slurper I am)

2/4/13 8:10 PM
da Vinci 81
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Being the goat and the best p4p fighter are two different things, imo.
2/4/13 8:12 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

da Vinci 81 - Being the goat and the best p4p fighter are two different things, imo.

Of course they are. Did you read the OP? He wasn't saying they were the same thing.

2/4/13 8:17 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
warrendale -  To be fair Anderson is finishing people in entertaining fashion while Aldo has looked less than his best since the UFC merger with the exception to the Mendez fight. Phone Post

Agreed, but to counter that Aldo hasn't been dominated and come within minutes of losing a fight in the past 3 years. :) (yes that was hard to type as the Andy slurper I am)

Lol! I had to double take who was writing this! Aldo is great....but he's more a mini Andy. Phone Post
2/4/13 8:19 PM
Entreri

Ha

P4P#1 is Fedor, who is a GOAT.
2/4/13 8:22 PM
da Vinci 81
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
da Vinci 81 - Being the goat and the best p4p fighter are two different things, imo.

Of course they are. Did you read the OP? He wasn't saying they were the same thing.

Ah, I re-read it, you're right.

And I agree, both him and Aldo are in a tight race for 3rd spot.
2/4/13 8:25 PM
ortman166

nolabrum -
sparkuri - 

Or imagine a tiny (5'6) Anderson Silva running into that tree where they make cookies and owning all those lil guys in there.
Lmao Phone Post
2/4/13 8:25 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ortman166 - 
nolabrum - I agree with you. IF Anderson took out Jon Jones though it would hard for him to ever be eclipsed.

Given their opponents Jon Jones should already be far and away in the lead for GOAT above Anderson....Shogan, Machida, Rashad, Quinton...vs what ? Chael Sonnen and a shriveled up 185lbs Dan henderson 9who loses to Jake Shields @ that weight) ? No, Jon Jones had far more dangerous opponents PERIOD...Truly dangerous guys...strikers and wrestler....a murderer's row of former champions...Anderson had a much easier route in a much weaker division.

If Jon Jones beats Anderson he is cemented as GOAT...and he didn't have to wait until he's 37 to do it.
2/4/13 8:27 PM
ortman166

SKARHEAD -
ortman166 - 

Given their opponents Jon Jones should already be far and away in the lead for GOAT above Anderson....Shogan, Machida, Rashad, Quinton...vs what ? Chael Sonnen and a shriveled up 185lbs Dan henderson 9who loses to Jake Shields @ that weight) ? No, Jon Jones had far more dangerous opponents PERIOD...Truly dangerous guys...strikers and wrestler....a murderer's row of former champions...Anderson had a much easier route in a much weaker division.

If Jon Jones beats Anderson he is cemented as GOAT...and he didn't have to wait until he's 37 to do it.
Jones is also an amazing fighter. He definitely deserves to be In the p4p discussion but this thread isn't about him. Phone Post
2/4/13 8:35 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SKARHEAD -
ortman166 - 

Bones is a great fighter no doubt. But until he displays the unbelievable ability to destroy guys and make them look like amateurs...he wont be GOAT.
Plus, he has to get away from the stigma of him winning because of his size. I think once he goes to HW, and beats some guys his own size, it'll help his status in the GOAT debate immensely. Phone Post
2/4/13 8:42 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

SKARHEAD - 
ortman166 - 

Only in your twisted hate filled mind is Rampage or Shogun anything more than a shell of their former selves.

This is not PRIDE and it is not 2005 brah. Jones has a VERY impressive resume but has a LONG way to go to be put in the same GOAT discussion as Fedor or Anderson.

Even if Jones beats Anderson.

Let Jones fight a few people that he doesn't completely dwarf in the cage...

2/4/13 8:48 PM
ausgepicht

If that hair is miles wide, than the OP is correct. Aldo doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence. Andy is on another planet. 

2/4/13 11:33 PM
orcus

"Given their opponents Jon Jones should already be far and away in the lead for GOAT above Anderson....Shogan, Machida, Rashad, Quinton...vs what ? Chael Sonnen and a shriveled up 185lbs Dan henderson 9who loses to Jake Shields @ that weight) ? No, Jon Jones had far more dangerous opponents PERIOD...Truly dangerous guys...strikers and wrestler....a murderer's row of former champions...Anderson had a much easier route in a much weaker division."

Weird how out of your murderer's row for Jones, AND your list for Anderson, you left out Vitor Belfort, who actually gave Jones more trouble than any of the guys you listed, and has certainly looked more peppy and "dangerous" than any of the guys you listed for Jones except maybe Lyoto. I wonder if your forgot him because he is a 185er Anderson KO'd in the first round. 

2/5/13 12:19 AM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_nightkap - 
SKARHEAD -
ortman166 - 

Bones is a great fighter no doubt. But until he displays the unbelievable ability to destroy guys and make them look like amateurs...he wont be GOAT.
Plus, he has to get away from the stigma of him winning because of his size. I think once he goes to HW, and beats some guys his own size, it'll help his status in the GOAT debate immensely. Phone Post

Anderson has only looked amazing like he has...because he is fighting in literally THE weakest divsion in MMA filled w/ one dimensional fighters and weak ass standup fighters...Chael Sonnen Chris leben are walking plodder mummies...Thales Leites ? Patrick Cote ? Not exactly elite ....Damian Maia ? One dimensional...had to drop to 170...Hendo @ 185 ? inferior version that got beat by Jake shields....Forrest ? Not exactly Mr. Athletic Ko or submission machine...C'mon....No wonder Anderson has looked so amazing...Look who he's been matched against. beinbg the best in the weakest division doesn't make you the GOAT.

Jon Jones has beaten far more dangerous fighters...legit and recent ex champions....and at a much younger age.
2/5/13 11:18 AM
ortman166

SKARHEAD -
UGCTT_nightkap - 
SKARHEAD -
ortman166 - 

Anderson has only looked amazing like he has...because he is fighting in literally THE weakest divsion in MMA filled w/ one dimensional fighters and weak ass standup fighters...Chael Sonnen Chris leben are walking plodder mummies...Thales Leites ? Patrick Cote ? Not exactly elite ....Damian Maia ? One dimensional...had to drop to 170...Hendo @ 185 ? inferior version that got beat by Jake shields....Forrest ? Not exactly Mr. Athletic Ko or submission machine...C'mon....No wonder Anderson has looked so amazing...Look who he's been matched against. beinbg the best in the weakest division doesn't make you the GOAT.

Jon Jones has beaten far more dangerous fighters...legit and recent ex champions....and at a much younger age.
Lol at you. Writing of Damian Maia who just dominated the same Fitch who I'm pretty sure you said would beat Anderson. It's hard to take people seriously who spew the same "mw is weak" nonsense over and over regardless of the facts Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.