UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pettis wants to be 2-division champ

2/4/13 8:56 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I'm tired of waiting, man," Pettis admitted on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "I'm just tired of getting passed up. Who knows what happens in the lightweight fight. Who knows what injuries are going to occur and how long that's going to take.

"I was in the same position twice. I was there, I was the next guy in line, and it all depends on who the UFC wants to see fight. That's what it's all about. I think it's who sell the tickets, who can sell the pay-per-views, and who do the fans want to see fight."

"I want to fight for a belt, man. That's the intriguing part for me," Pettis explained. "It's another belt, and I don't think the weight cut would impossible. I think it's something I could pretty easily do.

"I only cut like two pounds to make 155. I have a clean diet and I barely cut any weight when it's time to get down to '55. I mean, if my teammate Erik Koch can do it, I'm pretty sure I could."

"Right now it's so fresh and brand new, that I'm just trying to clear two paths to get to both of these belts," explained Pettis. "I mean, they say, ‘You can fight Jose Aldo in three months, and then you get the winner of Henderson-Gilbert,' then I'm signing the contract today.

"That's up to the UFC. I'm not going to make any decisions or close any doors until they decide what they want to see. I put my opinion out there, I'm up for either one, and I guess it's just what would make sense for you guys now."

read entire article...

2/4/13 9:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow c0ckahlc
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're not going to do that. Either you fight Aldo or you wait for the winner of Benson/Gil.

2/4/13 9:04 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
One division at a time, young buck.
2/4/13 9:28 PM
Winston Wolf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

got to admire that attitude
2/4/13 9:32 PM
daddy N0
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He already was a champion in one division Phone Post
2/4/13 9:34 PM
Winston Wolf

Edited: 02/04/13 9:34 PM
if he fights and losses to Aldo he would probobly lose the Lightweight title shot But hes willing to take that risk.If he wins he goes for both belts Sounds fair to me
2/4/13 9:37 PM
fasthandssam
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's gotta go for LW first- if he went to featherweight and lost, there's no way he gets an immediate title shot at a heavier weight class.
2/4/13 9:38 PM
Ep32nv
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - if he fights and losses to Aldo he would probobly lose the Lightweight title shot But hes willing to take that risk.If he wins he goes for both belts Sounds fair to me
He would have to beat Aldo twice then probably have to fight Faber after he gets another shot at the Bantamweight belt. Phone Post
2/4/13 9:39 PM
Ep32nv
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ep32nv -
Winston Wolf - if he fights and losses to Aldo he would probobly lose the Lightweight title shot But hes willing to take that risk.If he wins he goes for both belts Sounds fair to me
He would have to beat Aldo twice then probably have to fight Faber after he gets another shot at the Bantamweight belt. Phone Post
I guess I forgot what I was going to say.

Quoting you really doesn't make sense. Phone Post
2/4/13 9:40 PM
MMA Architect
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed. If he beats Aldo, a fight with Bendo would be huge... especially given their history. But, if he loses, he loses his shit at Bendo next. Phone Post
2/4/13 9:41 PM
MMA Architect
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Architect -
Agreed. If he beats Aldo, a fight with Bendo would be huge... especially given their history. But, if he loses, he loses his shit at Bendo next. Phone Post
*shot (that is) Phone Post
2/4/13 9:45 PM
Oddessa
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pettis made me a believer... Kids a champion..even off layoff.. huge props . Looked great.

2/4/13 9:47 PM
Olive Garden Table For One
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The curse of the Vera. As long as Clay Guida is at 145 he can forget about being champ Phone Post
2/4/13 9:47 PM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wouldn't he have to vacate one title to fight for the other title. Phone Post
2/4/13 9:51 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT

UGCTT_AsimpleFan - Wouldn't he have to vacate one title to fight for the other title. Phone Post
Superfight.

GSP vs Penn 2-GSP(WW champ) BJ(LW champ) Phone Post
2/4/13 9:55 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - 
UGCTT_AsimpleFan - Wouldn't he have to vacate one title to fight for the other title. Phone Post
Superfight.

GSP vs Penn 2-GSP(WW champ) BJ(LW champ) Phone Post

Once again, they won't do that. If they do, it'll be later down the road after Pettis has defended his own belt.

The UFC isn't going to risk Pettis dethroning the champ at 145, only for him to become champion at 155 right after. It leaves Featherweight in a "WTF do we do now?" situation.

2/4/13 9:59 PM
Jons Forsberg

Aldo has earned that right first, he and Pettis should fight for the 155lbs title (if Pettis beats Bendo).
2/4/13 10:01 PM
Publicnoose

When he's not plowing Celeste he will train Phone Post
2/4/13 11:26 PM
RoysBellyRollzz
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be ridiculously stoked if this happened O_O...that being said it better fuckin happen!
2/4/13 11:58 PM
rockafella

"you need to walk down and fuck them all"

These young bulls.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.