UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Belfort: I deserve a rematch w/ Jones or Silva

2/4/13 10:11 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I deserve the rematch, so that's the fight I'm looking for," Belfort said. "If not him, I'm looking to get to be a contender of my division. Nobody made a statement with that, and I think the way I beat (Michael) Bisping takes me very close to the contender shot."

"I'll accept any fight, but I need to know where this fight is going to take me," Belfort said.

If he has his say, he'd rather go to light-heavyweight. He wants a chance to beat Jones after nearly pulling off the upset of the decade this past September, when he was installed as a contender after multiple opponents turned down the champ. A heavy underdog, he shocked the world when he popped Jone's right elbow with an armbar in the first round of the fight.

Belfort faded in later rounds and submitted in the fourth, but he the believes his near-submission is a much better argument for a rematch than the circumstances that put Chael Sonnen in the No. 1 contender spot.

"I'll be ready, and I have my people negotiating," he said. "But I want Jon Jones. I want his left arm."

read entire article...

2/4/13 10:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sho_Gunn
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No
2/4/13 10:15 PM
enbanc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/4/13 10:15 PM
FrankTheBoxer58

Roid-Rage.... Phone Post
2/4/13 10:17 PM
MixedMartialTart

Pointless. He won't get a chance like that again. Phone Post
2/4/13 10:17 PM
da Vinci 81
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He might want to start by actually competing at lhw if he wants a rematch with Jones. Lightning won't strike twice for Vitor.
2/4/13 10:20 PM
maxbrothersinc
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So apparently Jesus favors Jones...amiright? Phone Post
2/4/13 10:21 PM
Slap Maxwell
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No he doesn't.

/thread
2/4/13 10:28 PM
AceAtGSU
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/04/13 10:27 PM
Didn't deserve the first fight with either of them when he got it imo.
2/4/13 10:33 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkboy, tell your lover he needs to calm down with the title shot claims.

2/4/13 10:34 PM
RaulRosario

shit my pants laughing when i read this he fough jones for 4 rounds had a 30 second armbar that he couldn't finish and than got steamrolled by jones after, only to end up getting submitted himself by jones in the 4th round....his win over bisping at the very most earns him a shot at a title eliminator against chris weidman...if all title shot were decided by only winning 1 fight michael bisping would have faced anderson silva multiple times by now.
2/4/13 11:16 PM
Anderson Silver

Yes, he does. I want to see this.
2/4/13 11:27 PM
dermotfix
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor wants to give Jones the rousey trombone

2/4/13 11:33 PM
John Nic

Seeing as vitor got dropped by one kick and one action alone in the beginning, the rematch with Anderson makes more sense than a rematch with jones. Phone Post
2/4/13 11:34 PM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deserve's a pretty strong word...
2/4/13 11:41 PM
ChrisJPN
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Exploits his friendship with Lorenzo too much. Didn't deserve Jones the first time. Doesn't deserve him again.
2/4/13 11:48 PM
mijo

Vitor vs Weidman should be the fight too make, but for some reason you can beat a fighter who has done nothing to make himself a number 1 contender, took off a year, because of injury, and everyone loses their minds like Dana White, and think Chris Weidman is a #1 Contender.
2/5/13 12:35 AM
DonFrye_Fan

I would like to see a rematch with Silva.

2/5/13 1:59 PM
Bipolar

Anderson Silver - Yes, he does. I want to see this.

You must have missed the first fight where, except for a 30 second armbar attempt, Vitor was thoroughly dominated and submitted. He did not deserve the first title shot, so please explain how he deserves ANOTHER shot after losing so convincingly and then beating a MW.
2/6/13 12:27 AM
Carl Sonnen

Edited: 02/06/13 12:27 AM
I am a Vitor fan, but I don't think he deserves a rematch with Jones. Silva, yes. Jones, no. If Vitor had rushed Jones more with his striking, I would say yes, but he did not.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.