UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The truth about steroids in sports

2/4/13 10:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sean McCorkle
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If a pro athlete tested positive for steroids it's because he was taking steroids. And it's not something he bought at GNC and thought it was legal. If you can buy it at GNC, it's because it doesn't work.

And his doctor didn't accidentally prescribe it. And there weren't false positives on the tests.

Do any of you actually believe that 90% of athletes in all professional sports are clean, and 10% that are juicing are the bad apples spoiling the bunch?

The ratio is probably quite the opposite. Are you telling me a 20 year old kid at the NFL scouting combine bench presses 700 lbs naturally? Probably not.

All of your Olympic athletes do too. This isn't an epidemic, it comes with the territory and always has. The UFC gets a bad rap for steroids because of the violence associated with it, but somehow football slides right by.

I have no idea how the NFL's testing policy works. But if any of you believe the whole league isn't gearing up you're crazy. You'd have to just to be able to recover from the weekly damage you incur.

I say legalize everything, and let the chips fall where they may. Sports aren't about fair competition. It's entertainment. And what's more entertaining than two chemically enhanced monsters going at each other?

Lastly, the whole TRT debate makes me want to hang myself. People say his ratio was 18:1 and 6:1 is the legal level, so he has 3x the testosterone level of his opponent. Those numbers have nothing to do with how much testerone someone has in their system. It a way of catching synthetic testosterone. IE testosterone you body didn't make. All the guys on TRT will have high ratios, which do not help at all, it's just a side effect. Like if you have piss in your blood, you might have a kidney stone. The piss blood doesn't tell you if it's a bigger or smaller stone.

All that matters on TRT is what your total level is at the time of the test. Normal ranges for men based on age are 450-850. I don't know what the commission allows, but lets say they cap it at 1000. Anyone and everyone should be free then to increase their testosterone to the limit, no different than driving the speed limit. The guys that don't want to, don't have to.

If you don't think it's fair that a fighter can boost his testosterone to a high end of legal using TRT, then I've got some news for you. I don't think it's fair that Cain has the insane God given cardio that he has. I don't think it's fair that Brock was as big, strong, and athletic as he was. I don't think it's fair that Randy could still compete at a high level at age 48.

We all knew what we were getting when Overeem signed. And we all hoped he wouldn't get caught. He is an absolutely terrifying prospect when he's on all the juice. That's what people want. Bigger, stronger, faster.

I'm sure there are long term side effects and risks to many steroids if they are taken long enough. Just like there are with drinking too much alcohol, smoking too many cigarettes, and texting while driving.

I say, get the government out of sports, and back to starting wars with countries that have natural resources we want. Let the UFC, NFL, MLB, whoever police their own fighters however they see fit.

But, hey, I'm an American. Someone who believes in freedom, Jesus, family, and the right to pursue happiness.
2/4/13 10:57 PM
tinytuffnutz
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Touche
2/4/13 10:58 PM
Josh_underground
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Long story short, Mccorkle is on the juice. Phone Post
2/4/13 10:59 PM
ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was ALWAYS under the impression that 90% are on it and 10% aren't.

2/4/13 11:00 PM
MarkRobinson
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/04/13 11:00 PM

McCorkle is on the gear. lol

2/4/13 11:01 PM
MarkRobinson
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do agree with the post though. 

2/4/13 11:01 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Write a book and out everybody you know of. Phone Post
2/4/13 11:02 PM
letsgobois

So you know this for a fact when you say "All of your Olympic athletes do too"? Because I can guarantee you that is false. So with this generalization your saying since you are a professional fighter, your on some banned substance as well or your just the only one who is not?

2/4/13 11:02 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

I was following right till the believe in Jesus thing. Phone Post
2/4/13 11:04 PM
UGSlapshot

Sean McCorkle - If a pro athlete tested positive for steroids it's because he was taking steroids. And it's not something he bought at GNC and thought it was legal. If you can buy it at GNC, it's because it doesn't work.

And his doctor didn't accidentally prescribe it. And there weren't false positives on the tests.

Do any of you actually believe that 90% of athletes in all professional sports are clean, and 10% that are juicing are the bad apples spoiling the bunch?

The ratio is probably quite the opposite. Are you telling me a 20 year old kid at the NFL scouting combine bench presses 700 lbs naturally? Probably not.

All of your Olympic athletes do too. This isn't an epidemic, it comes with the territory and always has. The UFC gets a bad rap for steroids because of the violence associated with it, but somehow football slides right by.

I have no idea how the NFL's testing policy works. But if any of you believe the whole league isn't gearing up you're crazy. You'd have to just to be able to recover from the weekly damage you incur.

I say legalize everything, and let the chips fall where they may. Sports aren't about fair competition. It's entertainment. And what's more entertaining than two chemically enhanced monsters going at each other?

Lastly, the whole TRT debate makes me want to hang myself. People say his ratio was 18:1 and 6:1 is the legal level, so he has 3x the testosterone level of his opponent. Those numbers have nothing to do with how much testerone someone has in their system. It a way of catching synthetic testosterone. IE testosterone you body didn't make. All the guys on TRT will have high ratios, which do not help at all, it's just a side effect. Like if you have piss in your blood, you might have a kidney stone. The piss blood doesn't tell you if it's a bigger or smaller stone.

All that matters on TRT is what your total level is at the time of the test. Normal ranges for men based on age are 450-850. I don't know what the commission allows, but lets say they cap it at 1000. Anyone and everyone should be free then to increase their testosterone to the limit, no different than driving the speed limit. The guys that don't want to, don't have to.

If you don't think it's fair that a fighter can boost his testosterone to a high end of legal using TRT, then I've got some news for you. I don't think it's fair that Cain has the insane God given cardio that he has. I don't think it's fair that Brock was as big, strong, and athletic as he was. I don't think it's fair that Randy could still compete at a high level at age 48.

We all knew what we were getting when Overeem signed. And we all hoped he wouldn't get caught. He is an absolutely terrifying prospect when he's on all the juice. That's what people want. Bigger, stronger, faster.

I'm sure there are long term side effects and risks to many steroids if they are taken long enough. Just like there are with drinking too much alcohol, smoking too many cigarettes, and texting while driving.

I say, get the government out of sports, and back to starting wars with countries that have natural resources we want. Let the UFC, NFL, MLB, whoever police their own fighters however they see fit.

But, hey, I'm an American. Someone who believes in freedom, Jesus, family, and the right to pursue happiness.
So do you use TRT? Phone Post
UGRBTT_th1s_guy
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh_underground - Long story short, Mccorkle is on the juice. Phone Post
Hahaha I lol'd Phone Post
Bisping got KOd by Jesus
742 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only problem I have with steroids is that it's be nice to see what an juice free human is capable of athletically. What are our species physical limits?

But then I think steroids are at our current medical limits for human improvement, something you'd be a fool NOT to take 1000 or even 200 years ago. It's borderline magic.

And that makes scientists wizards. Phone Post
2/4/13 11:06 PM
Sean McCorkle
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alpha Omega - Hey Sean, do you see Struve beating Hunt?

No, but I'm rooting for him
2/4/13 11:06 PM
Sean McCorkle

KevinMcAllister -  The only problem I have with steroids is that it's be nice to see what an juice free human is capable of athletically. What are our species physical limits?

But then I think steroids are at our current medical limits for human improvement, something you'd be a fool NOT to take 1000 or even 200 years ago. It's borderline magic.

And that makes scientists wizards. Phone Post

Babe Ruth
2/4/13 11:07 PM
Sean McCorkle

UGSlapshot - 
Sean McCorkle - If a pro athlete tested positive for steroids it's because he was taking steroids. And it's not something he bought at GNC and thought it was legal. If you can buy it at GNC, it's because it doesn't work.

So do you use TRT? Phone Post

Not officially
2/4/13 11:08 PM
Sean McCorkle

letsgobois - 

So you know this for a fact when you say "All of your Olympic athletes do too"? Because I can guarantee you that is false. So with this generalization your saying since you are a professional fighter, your on some banned substance as well or your just the only one who is not?

Ok, the guy who ski's and shoot a gun probably doesn't. The vast majority though do.
2/4/13 11:08 PM
Sean McCorkle

TheFapMaster - People that complain about steroids, are the one's that dont have access to them.

exactly
2/4/13 11:09 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Is Sean pulling a Jason Reinhard? Phone Post
2/4/13 11:10 PM
mijo

i think the Commission gives enough tolerance already. Set a limit, and if you fail, then you get punished. In order to make the punishment more harsh. You give 1 year suspension on the 1st failed test, and after that 2 year suspension. 3 strikes and you're out!
2/4/13 11:11 PM
Ansari
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sean McCorkle - Do any of you actually believe that 90% of athletes in all professional sports are clean, and 10% that are juicing are the bad apples spoiling the bunch?

The ratio is probably quite the opposite.

I always wonder how athletes come up with these numbers. Not that I doubt you, but I'm curious what influences you to believe that the number is that high? Is it from what you see around your gym? Are fighters approaching other fighters with this stuff at events? What is it?

2/4/13 11:12 PM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

I cant think of a single reason not to allow roids. People are too close minded about the topic.
2/4/13 11:13 PM
SlipSlap

MAKE STEROIDS MANDATORY Phone Post
2/4/13 11:16 PM
bruised
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, it's entertainment, but it's also a competition. And I like head's up competition. I want to see what is possible when someone dedicates them self to a life long pursuit. I understand the mentality around maxing out with PEDs, but I like the idea of being the best you can be through training without PEDs. Phone Post
2/4/13 11:16 PM
Sean McCorkle

Ansari - 
Sean McCorkle - Do any of you actually believe that 90% of athletes in all professional sports are clean, and 10% that are juicing are the bad apples spoiling the bunch?

The ratio is probably quite the opposite.

I always wonder how athletes come up with these numbers. Not that I doubt you, but I'm curious what influences you to believe that the number is that high? Is it from what you see around your gym? Are fighters approaching other fighters with this stuff at events? What is it?

If 9 out of 10 pro athletes I know admit to me that they take or have taken steroids before, I assume that it's probably the same with everyone else.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.