UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The truth about steroids in sports

2/5/13 5:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Roy Batty
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But what about angel dust and crank? I wanna see guys hopped up on PCP taking shots that would KO Hendo. Fuck yeah!
2/5/13 6:37 AM
3rdLion
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate the "level playing field" argument. Just because you have to compensate for your poor skills with steroids doesn't mean that everyone else has to. Phone Post
2/5/13 6:47 AM
yellow c0ckahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping got KOd by Jesus - 

Why is Josh Barnett behind Josh Barnett?

2/5/13 6:53 AM
Dr Gonzo
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McCorkle this is going to sound crazy to you, but maybe Cain has good cardio because he puts the time in at the gym, rather than it being "God given".
2/5/13 7:08 AM
Coranamo

bobboburns - 
Sean McCorkle -
TheFapMaster - People that complain about steroids, are the one's that dont have access to them.

exactly
I agree with Sean. I recommend everyone watching the doc called "Bigger, Stronger, Faster." Talks alot about the issues with PEDs in sports. One of the most interesting things I took away from that film is what Tiger Woods was allowed to do. He got laser eye surgery which made his eye sight BETTER than 20/20. In a sport where eye sight and depth perception is very, very important how is this allowed? In my eyes its the same as a NFL or UFC player bumping up there T levels.

Also look up "super cows." Their DNA allows them to build twice the muscle as regular cows. In the future they will do this to humans. Is that going to be considered a PED since its "natural?" Phone Post

I haven't watched the doc, and quite frankly don't mind whether somebody is using steroids or not. But I don't think what Tiger did with his eyes can really be considered foul play. I had glasses/contacts all my life, when I was 19 or 20 I got lazer eye surgery and it brought my vision to 15/20 (better than 20/20). I think it's just common when getting lazer eye surgery.
2/5/13 7:43 AM
Rabid Bunyip
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sean McCorkle - If a pro athlete tested positive for steroids it's because he was taking steroids. And it's not something he bought at GNC and thought it was legal. If you can buy it at GNC, it's because it doesn't work.

And his doctor didn't accidentally prescribe it. And there weren't false positives on the tests.

Do any of you actually believe that 90% of athletes in all professional sports are clean, and 10% that are juicing are the bad apples spoiling the bunch?

The ratio is probably quite the opposite. Are you telling me a 20 year old kid at the NFL scouting combine bench presses 700 lbs naturally? Probably not.

All of your Olympic athletes do too. This isn't an epidemic, it comes with the territory and always has. The UFC gets a bad rap for steroids because of the violence associated with it, but somehow football slides right by.

I have no idea how the NFL's testing policy works. But if any of you believe the whole league isn't gearing up you're crazy. You'd have to just to be able to recover from the weekly damage you incur.

I say legalize everything, and let the chips fall where they may. Sports aren't about fair competition. It's entertainment. And what's more entertaining than two chemically enhanced monsters going at each other?

Lastly, the whole TRT debate makes me want to hang myself. People say his ratio was 18:1 and 6:1 is the legal level, so he has 3x the testosterone level of his opponent. Those numbers have nothing to do with how much testerone someone has in their system. It a way of catching synthetic testosterone. IE testosterone you body didn't make. All the guys on TRT will have high ratios, which do not help at all, it's just a side effect. Like if you have piss in your blood, you might have a kidney stone. The piss blood doesn't tell you if it's a bigger or smaller stone.

All that matters on TRT is what your total level is at the time of the test. Normal ranges for men based on age are 450-850. I don't know what the commission allows, but lets say they cap it at 1000. Anyone and everyone should be free then to increase their testosterone to the limit, no different than driving the speed limit. The guys that don't want to, don't have to.

If you don't think it's fair that a fighter can boost his testosterone to a high end of legal using TRT, then I've got some news for you. I don't think it's fair that Cain has the insane God given cardio that he has. I don't think it's fair that Brock was as big, strong, and athletic as he was. I don't think it's fair that Randy could still compete at a high level at age 48.

We all knew what we were getting when Overeem signed. And we all hoped he wouldn't get caught. He is an absolutely terrifying prospect when he's on all the juice. That's what people want. Bigger, stronger, faster.

I'm sure there are long term side effects and risks to many steroids if they are taken long enough. Just like there are with drinking too much alcohol, smoking too many cigarettes, and texting while driving.

I say, get the government out of sports, and back to starting wars with countries that have natural resources we want. Let the UFC, NFL, MLB, whoever police their own fighters however they see fit.

But, hey, I'm an American. Someone who believes in freedom, Jesus, family, and the right to pursue happiness.
Translation:

"I juice." Phone Post
2/5/13 8:05 AM
zebedee
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is no Jesus. Phone Post
2/5/13 8:21 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sometimes fighters say the funniest things after a few drinks. Some dudebro asked a well respected pro about steroids in MMA and how can a fan tell if a guy is using. "Do you know the fighter's name, is he on TV, did he win? That guy."

Even that Canadian kid who got his bed pissed on in the first TUF was juiced to the gills when he fought Leben. As long as people playing sports and games are being paid to win, they will cheat. 

2/5/13 8:30 AM
Fighters For Kids

You can't use TRT. And I feel he's just about right on everything. Phone Post
2/5/13 8:39 AM
6ULDV8
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Ben Johnson got popped after his world record 100M dash at the '88 Olympics, every athlete they spoke to about it said his mistake wasn't doing it, but getting caught.

They thought the Canadian team needed better doctors to fix it.

2/5/13 8:48 AM
rescueink

Most take them in their offseason, make their gains and attempt to keep them by using hgh which till as of now doesn't have a viable test to be caught with. Steroids weren't illegal until late 80's early 90's. nobody knew what guys were doing before that so people need to lay off and stop being so righteous. If u could support your family or possibly future generations of your family by using and getting big bucks you are a schmuck not to!! Phone Post
2/5/13 9:03 AM
Mega Colossus
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sean McCorkle - If a pro athlete tested positive for steroids it's because he was taking steroids. And it's not something he bought at GNC and thought it was legal. If you can buy it at GNC, it's because it doesn't work.

And his doctor didn't accidentally prescribe it. And there weren't false positives on the tests.

Do any of you actually believe that 90% of athletes in all professional sports are clean, and 10% that are juicing are the bad apples spoiling the bunch?

The ratio is probably quite the opposite. Are you telling me a 20 year old kid at the NFL scouting combine bench presses 700 lbs naturally? Probably not.

All of your Olympic athletes do too. This isn't an epidemic, it comes with the territory and always has. The UFC gets a bad rap for steroids because of the violence associated with it, but somehow football slides right by.

I have no idea how the NFL's testing policy works. But if any of you believe the whole league isn't gearing up you're crazy. You'd have to just to be able to recover from the weekly damage you incur.

I say legalize everything, and let the chips fall where they may. Sports aren't about fair competition. It's entertainment. And what's more entertaining than two chemically enhanced monsters going at each other?

Lastly, the whole TRT debate makes me want to hang myself. People say his ratio was 18:1 and 6:1 is the legal level, so he has 3x the testosterone level of his opponent. Those numbers have nothing to do with how much testerone someone has in their system. It a way of catching synthetic testosterone. IE testosterone you body didn't make. All the guys on TRT will have high ratios, which do not help at all, it's just a side effect. Like if you have piss in your blood, you might have a kidney stone. The piss blood doesn't tell you if it's a bigger or smaller stone.

All that matters on TRT is what your total level is at the time of the test. Normal ranges for men based on age are 450-850. I don't know what the commission allows, but lets say they cap it at 1000. Anyone and everyone should be free then to increase their testosterone to the limit, no different than driving the speed limit. The guys that don't want to, don't have to.

If you don't think it's fair that a fighter can boost his testosterone to a high end of legal using TRT, then I've got some news for you. I don't think it's fair that Cain has the insane God given cardio that he has. I don't think it's fair that Brock was as big, strong, and athletic as he was. I don't think it's fair that Randy could still compete at a high level at age 48.

We all knew what we were getting when Overeem signed. And we all hoped he wouldn't get caught. He is an absolutely terrifying prospect when he's on all the juice. That's what people want. Bigger, stronger, faster.

I'm sure there are long term side effects and risks to many steroids if they are taken long enough. Just like there are with drinking too much alcohol, smoking too many cigarettes, and texting while driving.

I say, get the government out of sports, and back to starting wars with countries that have natural resources we want. Let the UFC, NFL, MLB, whoever police their own fighters however they see fit.

But, hey, I'm an American. Someone who believes in freedom, Jesus, family, and the right to pursue happiness.

Welcome back fella, were you been my over confident, sadly lacking in moral fibre friend ? Quite a long post hope you didn't gas writing it.

When I saw this i couldn't wait to rip you to pieces but as much as it pains ,me to say. Great post and I agree. Shit that hurt

P.S When do I get to punch you in the face ?
2/5/13 9:08 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Business is about to pick up

2/5/13 9:11 AM
Darth_Vladar
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So if 90% of fighters use them, what percentage are you?

I highly doubt that every drugs vocal figher then falls into the 10%, thats a big 10%..
2/5/13 9:21 AM
Calavaro
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So if "steroids" should be made legal, which ones do you legalize and which ones do you deem unsuitable?

Where do you draw the line?

2/5/13 9:27 AM
whoabro

Calavaro -

So if "steroids" should be made legal, which ones do you legalize and which ones do you deem unsuitable?

Where do you draw the line?

as long as i can buy tren at cvs, ill be happy Phone Post
2/5/13 9:53 AM
FSMA

Mister Collins - Sean is probably trolling, but if not: I only respect athletes that use their own talents and capabilities. I admire dedication and determination. If success comes through injections or pills or whatever, it's cheating, taking the easy way to victory. Simple as that. It has nothing to do with freedom, it just shows no respect for the sport.

Easy?

They train HARDER because they can recoup quicker lol. There is nothing easy about going harder and longer.
2/5/13 9:58 AM
donfro
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sean is right.

people don't realise how powerful (legit) hormone drugs are. You CANNOT compete without them in most sports. PERIOD.

further

HORMONES DO NOT KILL PEOPLE.

wrestlers, bodybuilders, the local gym rat died from NARCOTICS and insulin abuse and diuretics.

media bullshit has made hormones the devils drug, when it couldn't be further from the truth.
2/5/13 10:02 AM
tears for lube

Sub Phone Post
2/5/13 10:03 AM
jaytrainwreck
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I completely agree with getting government out of MMA. Phone Post
2/5/13 10:04 AM
Beards
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree, but sports were played before steroids were created. The NFL was more brutal before steroids. Guys were lifting crazy amounts of weight before steroids. I think now everyone's is just trying to keep up- cheating to create a level playing field. Also I think there's a great amount of athlete's in sport today that are there not because of talent, but because of cheating.
2/5/13 10:09 AM
Phil999

"All of your Olympic athletes do too."

So all the young teens doing gymnastics and diving etc. are roiding?

2/5/13 10:15 AM
Ceelo

I am glad to say that I am Vitamin S free! Getting around with talent!
2/5/13 10:25 AM
elysian

Really good post by Mr. McCorkle which I agree with. TTT.
2/5/13 10:28 AM
Winston Wolf
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at Megas post.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.