UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The truth about steroids in sports

2/5/13 10:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sarcotraps
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do you think all these fighters are on trt because they took steriods and now their testosterone is low.I used to believe most athletes were drug free but now with everyone getting caught and all the freaks i see at the gym i think the other way.
2/5/13 10:42 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frat. Ill be back. Phone Post
2/5/13 10:46 AM
Son of Neckbone
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mega Colossus - 
Sean McCorkle - If a pro athlete tested positive for steroids it's because he was taking steroids. And it's not something he bought at GNC and thought it was legal. If you can buy it at GNC, it's because it doesn't work.

And his doctor didn't accidentally prescribe it. And there weren't false positives on the tests.

Do any of you actually believe that 90% of athletes in all professional sports are clean, and 10% that are juicing are the bad apples spoiling the bunch?

The ratio is probably quite the opposite. Are you telling me a 20 year old kid at the NFL scouting combine bench presses 700 lbs naturally? Probably not.

All of your Olympic athletes do too. This isn't an epidemic, it comes with the territory and always has. The UFC gets a bad rap for steroids because of the violence associated with it, but somehow football slides right by.

I have no idea how the NFL's testing policy works. But if any of you believe the whole league isn't gearing up you're crazy. You'd have to just to be able to recover from the weekly damage you incur.

I say legalize everything, and let the chips fall where they may. Sports aren't about fair competition. It's entertainment. And what's more entertaining than two chemically enhanced monsters going at each other?

Lastly, the whole TRT debate makes me want to hang myself. People say his ratio was 18:1 and 6:1 is the legal level, so he has 3x the testosterone level of his opponent. Those numbers have nothing to do with how much testerone someone has in their system. It a way of catching synthetic testosterone. IE testosterone you body didn't make. All the guys on TRT will have high ratios, which do not help at all, it's just a side effect. Like if you have piss in your blood, you might have a kidney stone. The piss blood doesn't tell you if it's a bigger or smaller stone.

All that matters on TRT is what your total level is at the time of the test. Normal ranges for men based on age are 450-850. I don't know what the commission allows, but lets say they cap it at 1000. Anyone and everyone should be free then to increase their testosterone to the limit, no different than driving the speed limit. The guys that don't want to, don't have to.

If you don't think it's fair that a fighter can boost his testosterone to a high end of legal using TRT, then I've got some news for you. I don't think it's fair that Cain has the insane God given cardio that he has. I don't think it's fair that Brock was as big, strong, and athletic as he was. I don't think it's fair that Randy could still compete at a high level at age 48.

We all knew what we were getting when Overeem signed. And we all hoped he wouldn't get caught. He is an absolutely terrifying prospect when he's on all the juice. That's what people want. Bigger, stronger, faster.

I'm sure there are long term side effects and risks to many steroids if they are taken long enough. Just like there are with drinking too much alcohol, smoking too many cigarettes, and texting while driving.

I say, get the government out of sports, and back to starting wars with countries that have natural resources we want. Let the UFC, NFL, MLB, whoever police their own fighters however they see fit.

But, hey, I'm an American. Someone who believes in freedom, Jesus, family, and the right to pursue happiness.

Welcome back fella, were you been my over confident, sadly lacking in moral fibre friend ? Quite a long post hope you didn't gas writing it.

When I saw this i couldn't wait to rip you to pieces but as much as it pains ,me to say. Great post and I agree. Shit that hurt

P.S When do I get to punch you in the face ?

I think you should punch him in the face at the next NBC WSOF event. Have they showed any interest in either of yall?
2/5/13 10:50 AM
elysian

Son of Neckbone - 
Mega Colossus - 
Sean McCorkle - If a pro athlete tested positive for steroids it's because he was taking steroids. And it's not something he bought at GNC and thought it was legal. If you can buy it at GNC, it's because it doesn't work.

And his doctor didn't accidentally prescribe it. And there weren't false positives on the tests.

Do any of you actually believe that 90% of athletes in all professional sports are clean, and 10% that are juicing are the bad apples spoiling the bunch?

The ratio is probably quite the opposite. Are you telling me a 20 year old kid at the NFL scouting combine bench presses 700 lbs naturally? Probably not.

All of your Olympic athletes do too. This isn't an epidemic, it comes with the territory and always has. The UFC gets a bad rap for steroids because of the violence associated with it, but somehow football slides right by.

I have no idea how the NFL's testing policy works. But if any of you believe the whole league isn't gearing up you're crazy. You'd have to just to be able to recover from the weekly damage you incur.

I say legalize everything, and let the chips fall where they may. Sports aren't about fair competition. It's entertainment. And what's more entertaining than two chemically enhanced monsters going at each other?

Lastly, the whole TRT debate makes me want to hang myself. People say his ratio was 18:1 and 6:1 is the legal level, so he has 3x the testosterone level of his opponent. Those numbers have nothing to do with how much testerone someone has in their system. It a way of catching synthetic testosterone. IE testosterone you body didn't make. All the guys on TRT will have high ratios, which do not help at all, it's just a side effect. Like if you have piss in your blood, you might have a kidney stone. The piss blood doesn't tell you if it's a bigger or smaller stone.

All that matters on TRT is what your total level is at the time of the test. Normal ranges for men based on age are 450-850. I don't know what the commission allows, but lets say they cap it at 1000. Anyone and everyone should be free then to increase their testosterone to the limit, no different than driving the speed limit. The guys that don't want to, don't have to.

If you don't think it's fair that a fighter can boost his testosterone to a high end of legal using TRT, then I've got some news for you. I don't think it's fair that Cain has the insane God given cardio that he has. I don't think it's fair that Brock was as big, strong, and athletic as he was. I don't think it's fair that Randy could still compete at a high level at age 48.

We all knew what we were getting when Overeem signed. And we all hoped he wouldn't get caught. He is an absolutely terrifying prospect when he's on all the juice. That's what people want. Bigger, stronger, faster.

I'm sure there are long term side effects and risks to many steroids if they are taken long enough. Just like there are with drinking too much alcohol, smoking too many cigarettes, and texting while driving.

I say, get the government out of sports, and back to starting wars with countries that have natural resources we want. Let the UFC, NFL, MLB, whoever police their own fighters however they see fit.

But, hey, I'm an American. Someone who believes in freedom, Jesus, family, and the right to pursue happiness.

Welcome back fella, were you been my over confident, sadly lacking in moral fibre friend ? Quite a long post hope you didn't gas writing it.

When I saw this i couldn't wait to rip you to pieces but as much as it pains ,me to say. Great post and I agree. Shit that hurt

P.S When do I get to punch you in the face ?

I think you should punch him in the face at the next NBC WSOF event. Have they showed any interest in either of yall?

Yes! That would actually be a fantastic addition to WSOF!

MCCORKLE vs. THOMPSON

Please WSOF make it happen!
2/5/13 10:55 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

fantastic post, Sean

2/5/13 11:00 AM
EFeeez
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
2/5/13 11:06 AM
NicolasExitBJJ
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck cheaters. hating on a guy because he has more talent is a sign of laziness. so what if he's genetically more gifted? let's say I got a colleague who's smarter than me hence better at computer programming, I'm not gonna take some drug to make me a better programmer now am I? see how ridiculous that sounds? no you study and work hard to become a better programmer. so what if fighting is their way of sustaining their families, maybe you should've gone to school ya dumb shit. IMO it's a sign of a society that thinks that everybody is entitled to everything. no you're not, life isn't fair. try to attain your own goals within the limits of your health and talent and don't worry about what somebody else does.
2/5/13 12:18 PM
Jambo888
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

but what about the children?

2/5/13 12:32 PM
FSMA

NicolasExitBJJ - fuck cheaters. hating on a guy because he has more talent is a sign of laziness. so what if he's genetically more gifted? let's say I got a colleague who's smarter than me hence better at computer programming, I'm not gonna take some drug to make me a better programmer now am I? see how ridiculous that sounds? no you study and work hard to become a better programmer. so what if fighting is their way of sustaining their families, maybe you should've gone to school ya dumb shit. IMO it's a sign of a society that thinks that everybody is entitled to everything. no you're not, life isn't fair. try to attain your own goals within the limits of your health and talent and don't worry about what somebody else does.

You can't honestly compare something like cognitive functioning and/or IQ with something physical like MMA. It doesn't compute.
2/5/13 12:45 PM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was on HGH as a young boy in the hopes of not being a 4 ft. 9 migdget, and thank GOD, HGH worked as a kid and i grew into a 5'5 dwarf instead!:) Seriously, they use to have the HGH shipped to my parents home in dry ice. The dry ice would come packed with a dead persons pituitary gland donated by..well, "a dead person" I injected the HGH into my thigh daily as a kid. Keep in mind, back then, few knew what HGH even was. For Example, the needles were over 1 inch and very thick back then! Today, it's injected with small little insulin needles. Back then, they thought HGH needed to be injected deep into the muscle. I was a guinee pig in order to see if HGH made kids grow taller. Now, it's pretty common to put kids on HGH before they reach puberty.
2/5/13 12:54 PM
Steven McTowelie
435 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jambo888 - 

but what about the children?

Won't somebody please think of the children?
2/5/13 1:03 PM
KingGo
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

G-Hands - Ha. Not kidding tho, Mihow.

I'll get the specifics this week and break it down-- ideally to the specific supplements.
In for this Phone Post
2/5/13 1:11 PM
KingGo

When a sub par fighter ges to fight in the ufc due to steroids and not actual skill, that shit needs to be gotten rid of.

Im looking at you Reem Phone Post
2/5/13 1:11 PM
NAKMEEZY

Edited: 02/05/13 1:12 PM
Sean is on da juice!

The part about how testing for elevated testosterone levels (18:1 6:1) and that not having anything to do with benefiting the athlete is complete garbage Sean. The liver stone comparison was just stupid too. Synthetic or natural your body will still use that testosterone if its in your system. maybe not ALL of it. but still a good amount. more than enough to be beneficial and give you an edge

Under an experienced doctors supervision it is actually not extremely difficult to regulate testosterone levels and keep them around legal levels.

>I agree though i wanna see some roided up monsters in the cage. you can use creatine caffeine and protein supplements right? doesnt those enhance your performance too? last time i checked caffeine was a drug. hmm someone call the athletic commission we cant have none of that
2/5/13 1:15 PM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a slippery slope argument though, Sean.

Seriously, it is about the children. You can't officially endorse steroid use at the pro level because of the cascading effect it will have on amateur athletics. Nobody wants to see young children growing up with the assumption that roids are necessary to compete.

Selective testing, as is done today, works to keep steroid use on the DL. Adults know pro athletes are using, but children do not. And it should stay that way.
2/5/13 1:18 PM
BandakaKush

Fuck fighter safety bro. Why stop at at PEDs? I say we need mandate fighters enhanched with cyborg technology. Then give them swords and battle axes and let them just fight to the death, that way we will truly know who is the "ultimate mutant cyborg".
2/5/13 1:19 PM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/05/13 1:21 PM
Then... years later, as an Adult, i broke my neck in 2 places and was prescribed HGH and Testosterone because the doctors (Cenegentics anti-aging center, based out of Las Vegas)Dr. Allan Mintz told myself, my family, and coaches that i would have a great chance to recover fully from the neck surgery, be able to continue my fighting career/dreams if i would get on their program. So, i did. I was 100% honest on the TUF application and revealed everything. We were told to be completely honest. Since i had all my doctors prescriptions and documents, the UFC was very understanding of my situation.
I was actually chosen to be on TUF 5. I made it. I went through the whole process and was held up in the hotel room for a week. I LOVED IT! The UFC treated me so good.
However, the spike TV producer/coordinator called me with very dissapointing news. They told me it wasn't the UFC, but when Nevada looked at my application and saw i was prescribed HGH and testosterone, they kicked me off. So, i un-packed my bags and didn't get on my flight to start the filming. I was crushed. I will admit. Still, to this day, i think about that moment often. I've always wanted to be on a reality show. I love the camera and it feels natural to me. (every since a kid, doing commercial work, and small acting gigs)
Anyway, here's where the problem lies...Although, i was prescribed these 2 things, it's very, very expensive to continue the blood work, the visits, ect.. ect.. So, when a guy runs out of money to pay for it LEGALLY, (doing it the "right way"), where do you think he or she is going to turn? The Black Market is where. And this is NO GOOD!
Today, I do not do any Testosterone or HGH, but honestly i wish i could. Just being honest. Just like Dana White says, "once you start testosterone, you have to be on it the rest of your life." He's right. I feel like shit without it today. I'm 43 and i bet my levels are drastically down. I accept full responsibility. I believed in my doctors and what Cenegentics told me. I was willing to do whatever it took to heal from breaking my neck, so i could fight again and continue my lifelong dream of being a fighter since starting in martial arts at age 9.
But, this is not the right way of thinking to you young kids who have your whole fighting career ahead of you. Taking this stuff is not the right path! Please trust me on this. This path leads to a very winding road with many curves. You simply feel like shit when you stop taking it. Period. Whoever tells you it's not addicting, is lying to you. It's very mentally addicting.
Yes, i know..if the whole TUF 5 thing would have happened in todays rules, then i would have had the TRT approval for medical purposes. Nobody ever said life's fair! You keep your head up and continue pushing forward without excuses or being a whiner. Nobody likes a whiner or excuse maker.
2/5/13 2:15 PM
Mister Collins
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FSMA - 
Mister Collins - Sean is probably trolling, but if not: I only respect athletes that use their own talents and capabilities. I admire dedication and determination. If success comes through injections or pills or whatever, it's cheating, taking the easy way to victory. Simple as that. It has nothing to do with freedom, it just shows no respect for the sport.

Easy?

They train HARDER because they can recoup quicker lol. There is nothing easy about going harder and longer.

A pretty strange way of thinking, so using steroids only makes it harder to achieve your goals?
2/5/13 2:37 PM
Jambo888
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mister Collins - 
FSMA - 
Mister Collins - Sean is probably trolling, but if not: I only respect athletes that use their own talents and capabilities. I admire dedication and determination. If success comes through injections or pills or whatever, it's cheating, taking the easy way to victory. Simple as that. It has nothing to do with freedom, it just shows no respect for the sport.

Easy?

They train HARDER because they can recoup quicker lol. There is nothing easy about going harder and longer.

A pretty strange way of thinking, so using steroids only makes it harder to achieve your goals?

No it means don't confuse ped use with an easy way to achieve as opposed to an advantage over others who also work hard.

2/5/13 2:57 PM
Kenso
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sean McCorkle - 
Ansari - 
Sean McCorkle - Do any of you actually believe that 90% of athletes in all professional sports are clean, and 10% that are juicing are the bad apples spoiling the bunch?

The ratio is probably quite the opposite.

I always wonder how athletes come up with these numbers. Not that I doubt you, but I'm curious what influences you to believe that the number is that high? Is it from what you see around your gym? Are fighters approaching other fighters with this stuff at events? What is it?

If 9 out of 10 pro athletes I know admit to me that they take or have taken steroids before, I assume that it's probably the same with everyone else.

Names or it didn't happen :P
2/5/13 3:16 PM
xakx

I always thought that using steroids for MMA is just stupid. It hurts you more than it helps. Do steroids help flexibility or cardio?

Steroids are for the weak minded.
2/5/13 4:20 PM
TheDarthKnight

Roids should be legal for all. Becoming stronger and recovering faster is not a bad thing.

Plus lets not forget this is show business, let them roid and lets see a show for the ages.

Those opposed have some skewed moral dilemma. "Its bad because it's illegal" is not a good argument.
2/5/13 4:28 PM
Mihow

Jason get back on that good shit man! Phone Post
2/5/13 4:29 PM
KingGo

Jason Reinhardt - Then... years later, as an Adult, i broke my neck in 2 places and was prescribed HGH and Testosterone because the doctors (Cenegentics anti-aging center, based out of Las Vegas)Dr. Allan Mintz told myself, my family, and coaches that i would have a great chance to recover fully from the neck surgery, be able to continue my fighting career/dreams if i would get on their program. So, i did. I was 100% honest on the TUF application and revealed everything. We were told to be completely honest. Since i had all my doctors prescriptions and documents, the UFC was very understanding of my situation.
I was actually chosen to be on TUF 5. I made it. I went through the whole process and was held up in the hotel room for a week. I LOVED IT! The UFC treated me so good.
However, the spike TV producer/coordinator called me with very dissapointing news. They told me it wasn't the UFC, but when Nevada looked at my application and saw i was prescribed HGH and testosterone, they kicked me off. So, i un-packed my bags and didn't get on my flight to start the filming. I was crushed. I will admit. Still, to this day, i think about that moment often. I've always wanted to be on a reality show. I love the camera and it feels natural to me. (every since a kid, doing commercial work, and small acting gigs)
Anyway, here's where the problem lies...Although, i was prescribed these 2 things, it's very, very expensive to continue the blood work, the visits, ect.. ect.. So, when a guy runs out of money to pay for it LEGALLY, (doing it the "right way"), where do you think he or she is going to turn? The Black Market is where. And this is NO GOOD!
Today, I do not do any Testosterone or HGH, but honestly i wish i could. Just being honest. Just like Dana White says, "once you start testosterone, you have to be on it the rest of your life." He's right. I feel like shit without it today. I'm 43 and i bet my levels are drastically down. I accept full responsibility. I believed in my doctors and what Cenegentics told me. I was willing to do whatever it took to heal from breaking my neck, so i could fight again and continue my lifelong dream of being a fighter since starting in martial arts at age 9.
But, this is not the right way of thinking to you young kids who have your whole fighting career ahead of you. Taking this stuff is not the right path! Please trust me on this. This path leads to a very winding road with many curves. You simply feel like shit when you stop taking it. Period. Whoever tells you it's not addicting, is lying to you. It's very mentally addicting.
Yes, i know..if the whole TUF 5 thing would have happened in todays rules, then i would have had the TRT approval for medical purposes. Nobody ever said life's fair! You keep your head up and continue pushing forward without excuses or being a whiner. Nobody likes a whiner or excuse maker.
Great insight, thanks for the input Phone Post
2/5/13 4:35 PM
KingGo

TheDarthKnight - Roids should be legal for all. Becoming stronger and recovering faster is not a bad thing.

Plus lets not forget this is show business, let them roid and lets see a show for the ages.

Those opposed have some skewed moral dilemma. "Its bad because it's illegal" is not a good argument.
Its bad because your body is destroyed once your off them Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.